>Less than $20 at Walmart and Target

This is too good to be true right?
What' the catch?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1qgww1/tested_top_50_protein_supplements/
labdoor.com/review/body-fortress-whey-protein
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No catch, protein powder is cheaper to make than you think

What's the cost of each serving? That's what truly matters.

Actually, it's too expensive compared to what you get on amazon if you buy bulk. Plus that protein tastes like absolute horse shit.

The catch is that it tastes like booty. HOWEVER, it actually is good if you use it as either:

a mix in for oats (or other things)
a sludge which you eat with rice cakes or whatever

I don't recommend drinking it normally

the isolate is pretty good in milk though, but a little more expensive

There was some goofy test/study a while back on
>Reddit
Where some dudes looked at all the main protein powders in a lab to ascertain their purity per gram.
Body Fortress was so full of fillers, it barely had any protein content in it. Like, a 1/4 of what is advertised on the back.
I think that excel sheet is still floating around somewhere if you google it.

Also- I think Lab Door assesses the purity of protein powders too? Idk. Body Fortress got really low scores from them too, if I recall correctly.

Also, it tastes like ass. This guy is correct.

The catch is that 80% of the protein there is taurine/collagen.

empty calories, muscles can't utilize it.

>shopping at walmart to begin with

jfc have some dignity

Get the cytosport stuff from Costco. $30 for like 5 lbs when there's an in store rebate

>reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1qgww1/tested_top_50_protein_supplements/
Is this the Reddit study?

That post is saying Body Fortress is surprisingly good. Ranked 20th out the 50 brands tested.

I use both muscle milk and body fortress, they're alright, taste isn't too bad, body fortress has creatine blended in with it too so that's one less thing I have to buy.

Vanilla tastes like shit
Get the chocolate peanut butter one

I'm drinking it right now and it's one of the better tasting powders out there.

Body Fortress uses the biggest fucking scoop I've ever encountered and I've had many brands of protein. You end up getting very few servings per container because of this. If you're gonna use whey, buy the 10 or 11 lb sacks otherwise you're jewing yourself.

It tastes like absolute dogshit. But it's been by my side for years. I just chug it honestly

The amount of protein on the nutrition label is wayyy off
labdoor.com/review/body-fortress-whey-protein

you could say that it's whey off

Never used supplements before. What does Veeky Forums think of this particular brand? It's relatively cheap on Amazon right now.

TURN THIS THREAD INTO BEST PROTEIN POWDER THREAD

It's pretty good. I stopped consuming protein powder all together though. But when I did, always got the BodyFortress, so long as it was Isolate.

C'MON

I gagged every time time I drank that shit

Just get Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. It's literally the go to for most people who are looking at whey.

This was my first ever protein powder, bought it 27 CAD, 1 month later I bought one at 43$, worst purchase ever, the first one tasted way better and really worked, while the 2nd one didnt work at all, I couldnt bring myself to finish it. I once tried to drink it as fast as i an while i pinched my nose because of the shit taste, i vomitted 700ml of milk... AND MILK IS FUCKING EXPENSIVE CUZ LEAF

pic related

ON is the best tasting protein I've had but not good enough to justify the cost. It all tastes the same if it's blended up with peanut butter and fruit and shit anyway.

Or buy 8 lb bags of ON Whey when it goes on sale on slickdeals. $65/each, $8.13/lb

pic related

I bought pic related for 40 or 45 leaf dollars and it has been pretty good so far. Bulkbarn sells isolate for similar prices per kg but I've yet to try it.

Vanilla tastes exactly like cake, it's delicious.

whenever i buy protein i always check how many servings it has. Idgaf about the flavor since i chug it down quickly. Since i drink 2 scoops per day i avoid anything below 30 servings

big bag of ON is 119 servings for $65. $0.54/serving.

Alright, what is the BEST walmart protein brand?
I don't feel like shilling out 30 bucks at GNC.

Get the chocolate flavored. Unflavored tastes insanely bad. The chocolate whey is an aquired taste but it's miles better than unflavored.

Anything Optimum Nutrition is the best supplement of all time. OF ALL TIME!

>people rank protein powders based mainly on taste

This is a huge peeve of mine.

ON pp is fine, I wouldn't shit on it. MyProtein is also good and you can get 11 lbs of it for 65 or less on the fairly frequent sales.

Seconded

tried MyProtein, didn't really like the flavor and got the 11 lb sale way back when. I eat a shake every day at work for lunch and that was a miserable 4 months.
I don't mind spending a little bit extra on something that tastes good.

I've done a lot of MyProtein and it's mixed. Vanilla was good, Chocolate Smooth was so-so, Chocolate Mint was bad and Salted Caramel was good if you like butterscotch. Chocolate smooth was overly sweet. People say Salted Caramel is too sweet but again it's like butterscotch give or take.

I like the stuff and I don't demand gourmet, certainly not for 11 lbs for $65. I view it as the Costco approach to protein powder. Thanks for reading my blog.

Just realize that extra taste is extra sugar.

[CITATION NEEDED]

Prefer this, as it is about half the calories for 50g. Sure, a tad more expensive and no creatine, but it tastes good and ultimately isn't heart attack fuel.

r8

Yeah, not sure how people have gotten away with selling it for 10+ dollars a pound for so long.

Google body fortress amino spiking. You'll get a lot of results. So yeah it is too good to be true op.
Captcha: pedonale zafari

That protein is sit,just like you are,pussy.

is it possible to gainz without supplements? people , since I was little, told me that protein powder is bad

>2017
>not using pic related
>organic grass fed whey
>native whey, not byproduct of other milk products
>unsweetened, mix with milk for light natty taste

Never gonna make it

What's the serving suggestion?

See so much shit with like "hurr hurr 60g protein and 300kcal per serving" and on the back the suggestion for a serving is 3 fucking 30g scoops.

They're wrong. And yes.

Protein powder is actually only like 20g per scoop. Any powder telling you otherwise has like 3 scoops as a suggested serving.

But powder + milk is an easy way to cram in those extra grams of protein and calories.

If you don't want to have powder just eat more instead. What, 300g of chicken breast would get you roughly the same protein content as the milk and scoops?