/FAT/ General "Not doing keto will cause metabolic damage" Edition

Prev Thread is almost 300 instances of metablic damage
>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight
>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

mandatory reading for newbies

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caYcqS_Vakx7S86gyXSemoKWFzQi8fOpXA93RxTz_o8/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How and where do we submit our scores for the weight tournament?

I'm aware its not friday in clapistan yet but its friday here

30 day workout is rough....on easy mode

If you're part of it, just post in the thread.
If you're not, you'll need to wait apple is gone and I don't think he's taking more entries.

tfw 16-8 5-2 diet master race

I'm part of it, i'll post later when Ameriblubbers wake up to friday

Having great success with the change to my diet of just tracking calories and making sure I hit my macros. Saturday will be the first real test with my first weight in since doing this.

How do you know when you are running too high of a deficit? Because I think I might be, but I'm too stubborn and I like the results the scale is showing me.

Yeah you are good to post your name and weight whenever.

if you're worried then just do a biweekly/ monthly refeed weekend

but you're probably fine

Is it better to swim around in a pool for 45 minuets or walk on a treadmill for an hour? I've been walking in the morning and swimming in the evening, but I went to a nutritionist today and he said that swimming is much better exercise than just walking. Should I get rid of walking and just swim twice a day?

Swimming is better but if you enjoy walking, then walk

I love going for long walks, especially now when the weather is perfect

If swimming in a pool is constant, then pool hands down. Especially if you're fat.
Less joint impact.

11 pounds in 10 days of PSMF is alright yes?

Yes, swimming is easy on the knees, good for cardio, and will give you nice shoulders

I'm not sure if I count as fat? I'm definitely trying to lose weight, I've been lifting pretty hard for the past year, and I have a decent amount of musculature and strength. I train martial arts twice a week and lift four times a week
>242 lbs
>5'10"
>40/30/30 protein/fat/carb

Perfect, I have easy access to a pool for the next couple months. I have one more less important question. Should I bother keeping track of calorie counts and all of the little details if a nutritionist has already given me an eating guide? I'll also be going to see them every week or so. I've tried to start this before and I just got overwhelmed trying to keep track of every single thing I ate.

Also, how does a 1,800-2,000 calorie-a-day diet sound for someone around 300 pounds? He gave me that schedule and I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if he's just being easy on me or if that's a good daily calorie intake.

A lot of questions, yeah, but I'm trying to get the hang of this.

Jacked up my knee while hiking today, please help.

just a scratch bro

just a scratch mate, you will be fine, no chance it gets infected and you die

Keep track yourself so you get used to it and don't need to rely on someone else in the future.

And 1800-2000 is perfect. You can literally cruise at those calories till 200lbs easy.

/fat/, have you learned the magic that is strawberries? I cut a lb of them down to 10 oz which is a bowl full. That was only 90 calories and got me a quarter of my daily fiber. A sweet snack I can have late at night and feel full and not guilty. Good shit

REST. Please, for the love of god, rest. Let your injury heal and listen to your body. Trying to "overcome the pain" only ends in tears and terribly fucked up joints. In the meantime, you can do ab & arm exercises. Leg day will happen when leg is ready.

Mix with 1/2 cup of Vanilla Greek yogurt for a snack. It is yummy!

thats hot m'lady

Yusssss. Destroy the donut cravings. Indulge the fruit cravings. I got one pound of strawberries today for only $1, and it was a wonderful feeling.

Perfect, thanks for confirming. I don't think this'll be as impossible as I thought it was.

Is pineapple a good choice for fruit? I like it a lot more than strawberries but I don't know how they compare.

>18 months ago I was 180lbs and fit
>snap to the current year
>pushing 230lbs somehower

> there are girls here
> mfw

Why not look up the nutritional content and compare?

Pineapple has alot of sugar in

I mean, ALOT

142 kcal for pineapple vs 90 kcal for strawberries at 10 oz. About 1.5x as many calories.

A lot

Been eating 1300 cals a day and 30 minutes of elliptical as hard as I can a day for the past week. Down 6lbs from 295. Feelsgoodman.

>cheddarwurst for dinner
K E T O
E
T
O

I'm confused, according to that last link, i should be eating closer to 1400k to be able to lose weight, I've been eating around 1300k and I'm plateauing hard. my weight keeps fluctuating +2/-2 what am i doing wrong?

Just started keto a few days ago.
>Pan grilled hot dogs wrapped in 1/2 slice of provolone cheese for dinner.

Eating healthy, exercising, losing weight, all is good. But god dammit food really is an addiction. I'm ready to chew the legs off of the fucking table. Can't stop thinking about delicious, greasy, McDonalds french fries.

just cook a few pounds of broccoli and go to town.

Just sauce it up and go, broccoli is the chicken wings of vegetables.

Counting calories incorrectly.
Counting exercise to be able to eat more.
Calculating your TDEE wrong.

shit looked in the mirror and flexed my biceps, I literally lost a chunk of fat that connected my biceps to my lats. Like the fucking thing is just gone. I thought I was like 18bf when I started my cut but I was probably at 25 but stored fat well.

>3 years ago
>on weightloss kick, first time realizing i had the power to change
>watching my 600lb life and realizing this is where I'm heading if I didn't stop these habits
>scared but know what I have to do
>lose 50lbs

>fast forward to now
>gained all the weight back
>got gf after losing weight, got lazy, gained it back over the 2 years we were together

>trying to lose weight again
>taking it easy with 1lb per week
>only on day 2
>watching my 600lb life again and seeing how many of these habits have actually become mine
>scared because I want to change but I'm afraid the food has a hold over me
>find the show scary but not scary enough to squelch my current cravings for food

in this episode the guy is literally eating fuckhuge meals every day because that's all that satisfies him and I'm realizing how similar we are. I mean I'm only 240 so all hope isn't lost but I can't remember the last time I settled with a small bag of cheetos. Anything less than the big bags just seems like too little food to me. No matter what it is I just see the portion sizes and fuck huge. Like I've been eating whole pizzas for dinner at times and that doesn't seem like enough so I'd ordered stuffed cheesy bread with it even though I can barely ever finish that I'm so full from eating an entire large pizza.

Basically my view of a meal is so fucking severely warped that anything but a massive meals feels so little, so insignificant, so dissatisfying. I'm trying to fix my habits and establish a healthy relationship with food but I'm really scared. I'm almost done with day 2 of eating 2k cals and doing moderate exercise but my brain is already telling me to stress out and eat food and is giving me headaches for not binge eating at all for 2 days.

I want to stop counting days because it really just stresses me out. I'm trying to make this a lasting habit, not a quick diet that I can count the days of. But it's hard. multiple times per day the though just rings through myhead

B R O C C O L I
R
O
C
C
O
L
I

1 pound is like 150 cals

I've never really liked broccoli TOO much but I've had such bad eating habits from childhood (we were poor and literally just ate frozen tv dinners because my parents were fat, lazy, and uneducated) that I could probably say the same thing for just about any veggie besides green beans (fucking love green beans)

should i buy this fresh or frozen? how the hell do I cook it

just stuff myself with broccoli when I get the urge to binge?

>26 male
>June 2015 350 lbs 52 waist
>January 2016 280 lbs 44 waist
>September 2016 255 lbs 40 waist
>June 2017 245 lbs 36/38 waist

I haven't lost much of any weight in the last 9 months.

Definitely built more muscle, feel healthier, yet I'm concerned with my extra skin and stubborn fat in my tits and stomach

Keto is a meme

don't binge, but use veggies to make your normal meals huge meals. if you like hot sauce then douse them in hot sauce, 0 extra cals.

Aloha, /fat/s. Finally in bed for the night.

If any of you Aussie bros want to weigh in, go ahead and post your stuff now. You've got about 15 minutes before I konk the fuck out.

There's no such thing as a bad fruit. Just don't eat a whole pineapple every single day if you wanna lose weight and ideally consume it 30min-1h before hitting the gym

It's working for me. Delicious fatty foods keeping me full.

19 year-old male who is 73 inches tall and 260 pounds. I've been overweight for the good majority of my life and I'm finally fucking sick of it. I have a few questions.
1. Is fasting while drinking water a healthy way to lose weight?
2. Should I focus on increasing my testosterone?
3.Any suggestions for weight-lifting routines that will help me build muscle and lose weight simultaneously?
4. How fucked am I?

1. depends on how long your fasting periods are? I would say anything more than IF (intermittent fasting, aka fast 16hrs eat 8hrs) is difficult and a pain in the ass. even for me IF is too much of a pain in the ass

2. ??? I would say the only thing to do here is go to the doc and get blood tests. if you have low test get a prescription and take it. other than that anything else is p much useless, especially if your natural test is fine

3. if you've never lifted for many months and built a decent strength core you can get good strength and muscle gains while also losing weight. I maxed this out at around a 2pl8 bench and 3pl8 squat before my weight loss made it nearly impossible to continue putting on more weights. I would recommend ICF by jason blaha or literally just do this in intervals of AxBxAxxBxAxBxx... and so on

A
bench 5x5
squat 5x5
chest, bicep, back, lat accessories of ur choosing 3x8

B
OHP 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
bent over rows 5x5
any chest, traps, biceps, lats accessories u want 3x8

4. not that fucked considering im 19 5'9 240 pounds and working towards the same goals as u

I ate too many carbs and too little protein today. Need to psmf instead of just eat low cal.

Have you calculated your TDEE? Find that out and eat at maintenance for a while. Decrease your caloric intake by 200-300 every week or two to help get you gradually used to eating less. And as said, eat a shit ton of veggies if your mind can't comprehend that you don't need giant meals.
I used to eat an entire pizza plus at least half a 2-liter and some stuffed cheese bread or brownies or lava cakes sometimes 3 nights a week.
Also if you order pizza, instead of ordering cheese bread you can order a salad. Eat that first as an appetizer, then move on to the pizza. And drink at least a glass water before your meals. NOT. SODA. You'll feel more full.

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THESE THREADS NIGGA

Thanks man.

mirin

Thank you man. Yes I've calculated it. I'm sitting around 2400 or so to maintain. So I'm eating about 2000 per day and doing excercise 5 times a week.

I'm gonna stick to this for a few weeks or a month to get used to it and then if I feel that I'm capable I'll drop down to 1800.

I've previously tried 1800 and 1500 and I always feel like im starving. 2000 has been okay so far, about to hop in bed and call my 2nd day of this good.

Alright, /fat/ contest participants. Weigh-ins are now open for the next 24h from this exact moment. I'm going to bed now but will keep this thread open and go through the future threads for weigh-ins.

Remember that the deadline to weigh-in has changed. It is now Friday ONLY. That means you have 24h from the moment this is posted to get me your weight otherwise you lose your match-up in the tournament bracket and sit out until July (if you're active.)

Remember that 6 of you are on notice. If you do not weigh-in this week, you will be removed from your slot and I will be able to replace you. That means no tournament and no /fat/ contest unless you rejoin at a later date.

If for some reason you cannot post in a thread with the following -

Apple

Name -
Current Weight

Then ensure that you comment on the document in some capacity. The document and bracket can be found here -

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1caYcqS_Vakx7S86gyXSemoKWFzQi8fOpXA93RxTz_o8/edit?usp=sharing

At the bottom of that tab you'll see Contest and Tournament. Once the window closes 12:00 AM CST on Saturday I will update the brackets but if you really care to know, just check your match-up and then check the contest weigh-ins. You'll know if you advance to the next round or not.

Hope to see you all on the board throughout the day tomorrow. I'll be up and about at 6 or 7 P.M. CST to fuck around in the thread and calculate the values of the weigh-ins.

Happy cutting, /fat/ties.

Also if one of you contest participants want to post this in subsequent threads, I'd appreciate it since I won't be around. Make sure everyone is up to snuff on the details and isn't blindsided by this. Don't want 15 people on Saturday and Sunday wondering what the hell happened when they had ample time to sort it out.

Thanks!

242 @ 5'10 is fat, it's actually almost obese class II. You're deluding yourself into thinking it's all muscle, now way you look like the hulk after only 1 year of lifting.

No problem man. I'm right here with you on the journey. Good luck have fun may the willpower be with us

Is it fine to hit an area if they're still sore? Legs are fine from the last gym trip but my arms are still fucked for some reason.

It'll actually help.

I went from Veeky Forums to /FAT/, now back to Veeky Forums.
First pic is me in what I consider close to peak natty mode for me. Second pic is me after over a year of depression and near-daily pizza and beer. The rest is progress. Full disclosure: I started /fraud/ toward the end of 2015. Currently on a cut down to 220lbs or so (goal is 7-8%BF), then it's bulking season again come September.

yeah, it is fat, it's pretty much same as me (i'm 5'11, 242lb) and i've been liftin 18 months and have a gut, i have some minor definition all over but nothing major, i have some veins in my forms though and a few start popping during workouts but that doesnt really happen elsewhere.

in my forearms i mean

You're definitely fat, user. I'm the same height, and weight 251. You probably have more muscle mass than me, though, as I only started lifting in March.

B-brethen, forgive me, for I am a whimper...
I ate myself to 100 kg (183cm) after 16 months of >journey to 85
I actually weight myself daily and kept the record for 3 years. How do I get enough discipline to resist the temptations of food? Colleagues laugh at me trying to drop weight and lord forgive our office for having frequent "Its-my-birthday-I-treat-all" events

I'm not an expert, but my current feeling is don't resist but use moderation.

If you tell yourself something is forbidden, of course you'll want it more. Then you'll feel bad and eventually you'll break and fail and feel shitty.

Don't forbid anything, but log everything you eat and count calories.

If you want some junk food, eat the smallest amount. Instead of a piece of birthday cake at the office, eat one bite of cake.

Don't go over your daily calories, and use common sense. But trying to resist temptation and force yourself to only eat things you feel like you don't enjoy will never help you succeed. As you get used to not eating junk, you'll want it less.

Pic related, I posted about eating a half serving of Cadbury chocolate a day. Taking a month to eat a big ass chocolate bar isn't going to ruin me at long as I stick to my guns about it.

i posted this in qtddtot but given im a fatty ill ask here too

i benched 225 today, i read that is a good first goal, but i only did it for 1 rep, is hitting that weight good for 1 rep or do i need to start repping it for 5-8?

i'd say go lower to a weight you can do 3+ reps with, and work your way up.
1 rep doesn't do much.

>for some reason MFP was recording my protein shakes as 2scoops or whey and 2 of casein the past week

Positives: My calories are less than I thought
Negatives: My protein is less than I thought

>tfw went from fat to chubby

Are cheat meals (meals that out you over maintenance calories) necessary when losing weight? Idk to prevent plateau or something

Why would they be? That doesn't make any sense.

>tfw went from fat to chubby
>can't get out of chubby mode

Not sure if they're necessary, but imo you should once a week as a reward, to maintain consistency. I lost 45 pounds in 2016 and now I'm getting pretty muscular.

Maybe that's because you're a low t bitch who replies with anime pictures

I've lost approximately 10 kg in the last 2 months.
want to lose 15 more, but i'm thinking about maintaining my current weight for 2-3 weeks. I'm moving out, and there are some bad shit going on in my workplace, so i'm stressed as fuck. I'm afraid if i don't reduce sources of stress i might snap.
>tfw always wake up after 5-6 hours of sleep
>tfw hands got shaky in the last 2 months

>tfw stick to my diet the whole morning and afternoon
>bust my ass at the gym, intensive cardio for at least an hour to an hour and a half 6 days out of the week, lift for 20 minutes
>end up snacking on whatever I find in my kitchen late at night

I need to go to sleep earlier or buy a buttload of veggies to snack on.. I always get so close to the short term goal I set for myself and then I fuck it up.. there goes 2 days of progress.

>Apple

252.6 see, i lost nothing lol

>5'6" 170lbs M
>My work is sedentary just sitting as a desk with breaks the majority of the day.
>Find time for walks every few days.

I just now realized I bored eat just for no reason.

Is there something l can eat in between meals that will just leave me feeling full. I snack on almonds, wheat crackers, and some fruit.

5'6
Lol just give up, seriously
I can tell you one thing and please think about this
Basically, people respect a fat short guy more than fit short guy because a fit shirt guy is compensating for something while a fat short guy is just a goofy small nigga who's just too adorable to not have pity for

Find more time for walks

Count calories and arrange your diet so that snacking is accounted for in your daily calories.

From 230 down to 185

Kinda sucks since I thought I was 170ish. This is what happens when you make guesses and don't have a scale, I was pretty wrong on that one. My goal is somewhere around 140.

Worst part about this whole process is that even though I know I'm losing weight since my clothing gets looser by the day, I just don't see it in the mirror.

Guy I can't relate to you any harder.

>170Ibs May 2014.
> Fast Forward to today.
>245Ibs

This shit just sneaks up on you. You don't weigh yourself for a while jump on the scale and it explains why every single shirt shrunk in the wash :'(

im you, but a bit bigger. just skip snacking entirely by eating filling meals. oats, tons of veggies are your friends.

fuck you, let the manlet dream

Shut up Jamal

I don't understand how to input my data without making it look like I'm part of the "quitters" section.

Name: Dub
SW: 277
CW: 220
GW: 165

Losertown goal date: 10/20/2017

I see you other lurkers on the document. Tell me how to do it and I'll do it myself.

AmbrosiaMaple

Fuck off manlet, back into the pit

/skinnyfat/ here

I've been on a cut for two months and have lost 10kg, and 10cm from waist (69kg, 10-12% BF atm) but as of recently I've plateaued. My TDEE is 2.1k supposedly, but I have serious doubts about that. I'm eating 1300-1400 kcal a day, lifting weights 5 days a week and run around 5km a day. Gym bro suggested refeed day but all that did was make me gain close to a kilogram (t-t-thanks) so fuck that. I've been taking fatburners (yohimbine, albuterol) too but they've seemed to stop working. What do?

inb4 starvation mode, it's not real unless you're fasting for 3 days straight.

Dub's height is 5'8 btw

AmbrosiaMaple
You said I was losing .48lbs a day to meet 20lb goal just did the calculation 3.4lbs lost at .48 a day

>You don't weigh yourself for a while jump on the scale and it explains why every single shirt shrunk in the wash
Yeah. I had no idea that I was 230lbs until a few weeks ago when I weighed. I thought I was about 200 but I was way off.

eat 100 calories below maintaining weight for a week.

I don't know what your looking for but magic doesn't exist

>forgot to eat
>2 days in row
Keto is weird