/thicc/

Who's getting /thicc/ here? Discuss thicc specific inspirations, routines, nutrition, etc.

> /thicc/ Pastebin
pastebin.com/fmyJtHVM
Before asking questions, please take a look at the pastebin.

What is Thicc Mode?
>Thicc mode is traditional male aesthetics. Thicc mode for Veeky Forums has been described as a body built from barbell strength training with accessories (texas method, madcow, 5/3/1), 13% to 17% bodyfat that has crossover to strength or contact sports ability. Twinks, ottermode, & contest ready bodybuilders are not thicc mode.

Permanent Discord link:
discord.gg/ZP4HrNc

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/forced-growth-a-new-way-to-build-muscle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll blog instead of bumping the thread like a spambot

Day 2 week 1 cycle 2 of my 531 routine yesterday.
I got 7 reps on the 5+ set for bench (90). Really disappointed, I could do 105 for 6 in November. Oh well.
I also got 9 reps on the 5+ set for rows (67.5). Rows are going to shoot up really fast because I have never trained them, only did deadlifts and chinups for back.
Did some ohp and lat pulldown for accessory work.

Tomorrow is deadlifts 5+ day!

I love it when I can set a PR on the AMRAP set of deadlifts, or even better after bumping the weight up if I'm doing joker sets. If I can do that for deadlifts that's the clearest sign for me that I'm actually making legit strength gains.

>love it when I can set a PR
Me too man. Been so long :(
Will do 145 tomorrow, realistic goal is 7ish reps, dream goal is 10+ because I used to pull 165 for 5
I JUST WANT TO PULL 4 PLATE BY SEPTEMBER RREEEE

Hey /thicc/

I wanna train like a strongman, but only just recently became an intermediate lifter. I'm liking the texas method, but wanna know if I can adjust it to include things like farmer's walks and tire flips without suboptimizing the program.

Any ideas?

Can a manlet ever be thicc? 5'9 183

Many manlets have thick, it's tallfaggots that struggle with it unless they've to top tier genetics. I'm fucked.

>Hey /thicc/
Sup
>I wanna train like a strongman
Cool! Disclaimer: not a strongman.
>but only just recently became an intermediate lifter. I'm liking the texas method, but wanna know if I can adjust it to include things like farmer's walks and tire flips without suboptimizing the program.
Okay, three things.
First, it's Texas METHOD. Not program. It's not as set in stone as the YNDTP drones keep spouting.
Second, read pages 223-230 of the PP book
Third, I recommend checking Brian Alsrhue's YT channel, he is a strongman and has some videos where he explains his U/L split

manlets can be thicc

pic related

Am I on the right path to become Thicc?
6'2 195

I have some bad news for you

you don't have the genetics to be thicc

wrists are too small

Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can make of this

Have a qt

Yeah, I have always been a wristlet :-(

>want to get /thicc/
>too lazy to cut
>getting fat again

I'll go on a strict cut soon. I swear.

>want to get /thicc/
>wristlet
This is my fate for being a skinny 50kg bitch my whole teenage life.

it that's you, you look fine imo. Maybe a bit more mass but overall you are on the way to /thicc/. Wristlet or not.

Thanks for giving it to be straight.
Guess I gotta go trap mode now desu

Sorry, the truth is harsh my friend

Nah that's not me that guy has at least wrists twice my size.

I fucked up my cut so its not that great.
But I also realized that there is no real reason for getting shredded, since I already have a GF and a handsome face.

I also want to get strong. Fuck everything else. Should I just become thicc?

Planning on doing a clean bulk and wendlers 5/3/1.

Opinions? Thanks bros

>wendlers 5/3/1
Don't do this if you're planning on getting strong.

but its pretty good for strength
Whats wrong with it?

Working on it. Bench is almost 275. Not much progress on deads and squats since I had a minor leg injury. Ohp is 165.

Body fat is probably between 22-27%.

Holy fugg

can u get thicc with scoliosis?

It would be extremely painful. No really fix your scoliosis first, thank me later.

could i fix it through lifting?

Well yeah, that's how I fixed mine, but don't forget lots of stretches and I mean shitton I still stretch about 40-60mins each day.

oh boy, do you have anything in particular you would recommend?

Thicc should I leave SS as it is or does anything need to be added? Spoonfeed me the ideal SS routine pls

dont overdo lat work
work your fucking core
get big ass forearms

done

I can't speak to TM but I run The Juggernaut Method with a fifth day for strongman stuff.

>Do farmers at the end of every workout, heavy on upper body days, lighter on lower body days.

>Replace most bench accessories with overhead accessories

>Consider replacing bench with close grip bench.

>Do lots of hinge variations on lower body days (RDL , Good Morning, GHR, Back raises, etc)

> Run your peaking block with nothing but events (log, farmers, tires, etc)

Well my scoliosis was pretty mild, nothing extreme, so I don't want to give you bad advice that could fuck you up instead of helping, but I found front squats pretty helpful. Also keep in mind that even tho it's pretty mild I probabaly will never fully fix it, so if your case is more extreme you might wana go to doctor.

no ive only got 15 degrees, the doc said it wasnt too bad, but i guess thats what they always say

>But I also realized that there is no real reason for getting shredded, since I already have a GF and a handsome face.
Man in body, child in mind. Pity.
>I also want to get strong. Fuck everything else. Should I just become thicc?
Duh
>Planning on doing a clean bulk and wendlers 5/3/1.
Do it. I recommend 531 5x5 FSL alternated so Monday is 531 squats and 5x5 deadlift variation (I recommend snatch grip)
This person is a shitposter
Literally nothing

is this a good thicc routine?

I ran this program for 4 months. I did notice decent changes in size to quads/chest/traps in that time. I think the standard program doesn't include enough upper back work. Your accessories look okay for this, though I might consider changing Thursdays weighted chin-ups for pull-ups, since you're then doing Bicep curls on the Friday.

The first month was good, but after that it became pretty tiring. Having 4 days in a week where you're pushing your absolute limit just caught up to me. I started having a similar amount of accessories to you but found that once the weight got heavier I had to drop some accessories since rest time between sets was getting slightly longer and workouts were taking longer in general. Tuesdays became a day I hated. I would be absolutely ruined after squats and then have to go and do 8 sets of deadlifts. It's absurd.

I work in landscaping, though. Some of the tough days at work would fuck with my energy/strength levels at the gym, and it became common to fail sets all over the place which was a real downer. One week I would manage 140kgx4 on squat, the next week you would fail 142.5kg. Because it doesn't work off of a cycle, I would definitely recommend including a deload week maybe once every 6 weeks. This is just what I found for me though, it may be entirely different for you personally.

I do think it's a good program for getting thicc as long as accessories are targeted correctly, but for me it was just too much volume and too tiring. I ended up moving to a PHUL split recently that has less working sets but still pushes me. Give it a try, see how it goes! Worst case scenario you just have to find a different routine.

>though I might consider changing Thursdays weighted chin-ups for pull-ups, since you're then doing Bicep curls on the Friday.

Yeah I'm not to sure about the accessories yet. I feel like I have an inclination to add a lot of extra stuff but I don't think that's wise for this program.

>Tuesdays became a day I hated. I would be absolutely ruined after squats and then have to go and do 8 sets of deadlifts. It's absurd.
I have done 531 BBB with 5*10 deadlifts after squats and I quite liked it, so this might not be an issue for me.

>I would definitely recommend including a deload week maybe once every 6 weeks.
Yes I'm definitely gonna do this.

Furthermore I replaced the original sumo deadlift part of tuesday with snatch grip deadlifts, as my first part of my pull for the conventional deadlift is my sticking point. We also haven't got an incline bench press station and I don't wanna be that guy who uses the squat rack for that.
Any tips on what I could replace those with?

Also what do you think about rest pause sets for the accessories?
I think this program will take up quite some time so if I can cut that down a bit would be great

I replaced Sumo deadlifts for Snatch Grip deadlifts too at first, eventually moved to rack pulls as my weak point became the lockout. Snatch Grip is good for the first part of the pull, so I think that's a good change to make.
I did paused bench in place of incline bench, eventually I moved to doing incline in the squat rack, but my gym has a fair few squat racks and it was usually quiet when I went, so taking a squat rack wasn't a huge issue. Doing spotto presses might be good, too!

Play around with accessories man. Only way to really tell what's going to be best for you is to experiment and see what you enjoy the most. I think accessories are extremely important, but you just have to find a balance that works for yourself. Most important thing I think is to make sure you're not doing so much that you're too fatigued to work that muscle group a couple of days later.
Time in the gym? My workouts could be between 45 minutes to 2 hours without accessories. Upper body days could be much shorter (45 minutes), but lower body had me in the gym for much longer. This might differ for you since you mentioned you did 5x10 deadlifts after squats and enjoyed it. Best of luck user!

I can't really mention rest pause sets too. I have never done them personally.

you should try them out. Messed around with it for a couple of times now on small isolation exercises and they're pretty fun to do.

t-nation.com/training/forced-growth-a-new-way-to-build-muscle

I'm cutting right now so not expecting any results but I'm definitely gonna incorporate them in my next bulk.

Spoto press might be a very good option as a replacement indeed.
I'll just check what works for me or whether it's way too much.
I'm guessing doing that many sets for those squat/deadlift variations on it's own would make decent strength and size gains.

As for back/pulling exercises I will definitely incorporate those since there's so much pushing in the routine.
Facepulls are pretty much a standard staple in my workout as well.

thanks for the info!

Are there any 3-day routines for getting /thicc/? Running 5/3/1 atm and looking for good accessories.

How long does a workout usually take you on this program?

I have wrists smaller than 6 inches. They're like 5 3/4 inch.

Getting there. 6"3', 225 lbs.
Squat 529 lbs, Bench 330 lbs, Deadlift 584 lbs
OHP 226 lbs, Weighted pullups 110 lbs x 5, Weighted dips 110 lbs x 8
My routine is powerlifting-based, but doing all the exercises above, plus rowing, and good morning. Working out 4-5 days a week.
I'm a wristlet though (7.5 inches), some people have thicker dicks than this.

Anybody have a copy of Paleo for Lifters? Every link I'm finding is dead.

Can I massage your body?

Routine?

One choice is building the monolith. Another is:
>Monday
Squat 531
OHP 531
>Wednesday
Bench 531
>Friday
Deadlift 531

Add accessories at your discretion
I'd do it as such (where FSL is first set last 5x5)

>Monday
Squat 531
OHP 531
Rows
>Wednesday
Bench 531
Chinups
OHP FSL
>Friday
Deadlift 531
Bench FSL
Squat FSL
Facepulls

>FSL

I assume you mean FSL for that week, correct? Or do you mean 5x5 at 65% TM?

For that week, but you can wing it - if you feel too fatigued, do 65% at the third week, or do 5x3 instead of 5x5

Do you squat once a week? I wanted to try Inverted Juggernaut, but I feel like I would lose the ability to squat if I had seven days between sessions.

What direct oblique work can I do to thicken them? Don't say squat and deadlift I already do those I'm talking about direct oblique exercises.

haven't started it yet, but I think it would take up quite some time, especially if you add a lot of accessories

At what point of wristlet can you no longer become thicc? is 195mm alright?

just do a secondary squat movement on your pull day like a pause squat or front squat

There is a high frequency inverted juggernaut Method in the book

Uneven load farmer walks
Jefferson deadlifts
Human flag
Windshield wipers

Do I have what it takes to get thicc, bros? I need it.

god dammit do some powercleans and deadlifts

should a skinny fat guy with a bit of lifting experience eat at surplus to become t h i c c ?

Are you implying power cleans build mass?

starting up /naturallyenhanced/ again