Form check thread

post your lifts that you want a form check on and other people help

can someone help me with my deadlift form? is my back going to be ok? I know I'm using straps but that's just because I did a lot of sets before this and my palms were starting to hurt

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BUpFKpSAM_O/?taken-by=sbdalex
youtu.be/CfJjf1RXNmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bbNA17KjBzU
youtube.com/watch?v=-X1GkG2YgXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dont cause such a fucking ruckus slamming the weights down

at least you didnt drop it

>digits
Your shins need to be more vertical. Make sure they form a 90 degree angle with your feet. Your ass should stick out more as a result of this. Imagine "opening your taint" at the bottom and closing it at the top by squeezing your glutes. This should correct your lumbar flexion.

You aren't using your lats at all which is why your lower back is rounding like a wet noodle just above your belt.

bruh my dl looks just like this.

is there any other cues besides open up your taint cause I don't open my taint.

Jfc retract your fucking scapula.

why do people here love DL?

its not necessary to build a good back

Don't listen to this guy, scapula retracting musculature is not large enough to support maximal deadlift loads
Listen to this guy, your lats are much better suited for the task of securing your thoracic spine than the small muscles around the scapula.

"put your shoulder blades in your pockets"
should help you focus on lats during the set up.
"no slack in the bar"
should make sure you're not jerking the bar and losing force

>I don't know what muscles deadlift works

Preach it brother!

because it's one of the 3 lifts I compete in. I don't fucking like it. it's a shit lift and I hate it.

im sorry

>Your shins need to be more vertical. Make sure they form a 90 degree angle with your feet
is this better

i do know
just used google, its not need it
you are just wasting your time and hurting your back

kek, your face at the end looks like someone who just got splashed with really cold water

youre handsome btw, no homo. just letting you know.

Why do Americans put so many American flags everywhere? In case you forget you're in America?

Posted this in another thread.
Advice I got
>ditch wigger shoes
>push out knees more

Should I try and go deeper? Also if I just did front squat instead would that make me weaker overall in the squat? I like the front squat because of the challenge it puts on the back

hey i deadlift this way. im weak as shit but good to know Its possible to do heavy dl with this method

how is my squat also please
instagram.com/p/BUpFKpSAM_O/?taken-by=sbdalex
not gonna bother making this one into webm
the 2-step walkout it fantastic btw and I would 10000000% recommend it

th-thanks

because we like our country

>5 step walkout
lad

dont straighten your hips when you come back up, keep your hips back a little bit

Wanted to get my extra cardio in

How come?

the hips are the driving force of the squat

Am I headed to snap city? Obviously I need to work on back rounding but how bad is it?

post a video

Very

nah, theres not a lot of lumbar rounding, just try harder to keep your shoulder back

Looks like your weight is going too far forward and you're standing on tippy toes. Try to keep the weight back a little.

200lbs Conventional DL Form check, I used to pull sumo for 265-270lbsx2 but Im switching for a change.

youtu.be/CfJjf1RXNmQ

All I know is that I need to put my head down more.

But how does that affect me if the weight is already at the top? I get it if it's at the bottom but at the top there is nothing to drive.

Maybe. I think the angle of the video makes it look that way but it's possible. Whenever I come back up I notice that I really shoot up and explode the weight up. Sometimes that makes the weights wobble a bit, as you can see in the video.

I can see your heel coming up at the bottom of the lift, it should be flat on the ground. I think you need a straighter back angle or just switch to low bar

Would low bar help with the heel problem? I'm thinking about getting some new shoes to help with that. The shoes I'm using are like 7 years old and are beat the fuck up. They have arch support and shit and I think it's messing with my form. Might get some Chucks or something and see if that helps.

Low bar shifts the weight back a little which makes it easier to keep the weight over mid foot with a less vertical back angle. So yes I think it would help.

>squatting low bar style with high bar placement.

Either break at the knees first with the bar in the same place, or put the bar lower on your back.

Yeah that looks much better in terms of shin angle. Only problem is that it's sumo and so I can't compare it to your conventional form. If this is representative of your sumo form then I would absolutely recommend you ditch conventional and just stick with this.

Hands are way too wide, which is why your hips start so low.

Also your back rounds more and more each rep.

My next squat day is monday so I'll try low bar.

So I'm already squating in a low bar style? I'm a noob when it comes to squats. If I just place the bar lower I'll be okay?

>So I'm already squating in a low bar style

Your form looks like low bar, yes. I think if you just racked the weight on your back low bar style and continued doing exactly what you're already doing you won't go onto your toes and you'll use a lot more weight.

What do I do about back rounding. I have had trouble with this doing conventional and could never seem to fix it

I just watched this video. I think it addresses some of the problems I was having.

youtube.com/watch?v=bbNA17KjBzU

there appears to be some sort of cloth between you and the bar

kind of an old one but i havent changed my form since then

I never feel it in my back. I feel deadlifts in my glutes and forearms running up to my shoulders.

They're good because they release a fuckton of testosterone and growth hormone.

>because it's one of the 3 lifts I compete in. I don't fucking like it. it's a shit lift and I hate it.

why the fuck do you even compete

because he's disgustingly talented

doesn't squatting on that foam fuck you up?

its a solid mat since otherwise id be on turf

because we're better than u

Why are your heels coming off the ground lad? Center the weight further back.

This might be bait but you know what's wrong with your back. Also your eccentric is sloppy and you're dragging the bar over your kneecaps which is no joke dangerous

>head cranking up
>not locking out
>rounding back
Keep your neck neutral and get your chest up.

Mate you know good n well well idgaf about my conventional deadlift. I just wanted a useful thread for people tbqh

Fucking hell Alex is that you?

I didn't even recognize you what kind of friend am I?

You are not at a stage in your training where you should need a belt. Maybe after you put on 20lbs of muscle you will be ready. Also you are not squatting low enough before exertion so you're putting too much stress on the lower back; hence Why you think it necessary to use a belt with low weight. Go back to 135 lbs and get the form down. Weight doesn't matter. Your back should be a perfectly straight line with your hips somewhere around parallel with your knees depending on your anatomy. Keep at it and drop the flashy gear. That's for ostentatious histrionic pussies.

Probably from my shit form. Also once I get to a certain point, I can explode the weight up. Again, probably due to shit form. I think I'm going to try low bar and see how that works out for me.

lol

keep the belt, lose the straps, that's only 395? you should be able to hold that alt grip

That outdoor homegym is some rocky balboa training montage shit, very nice.

>mfw these posters don't know they're trying to give tips to a total Chad who'll have a 500 wilks one day
>mfw he made the thread for some selfish reason
>mfw he's really mocking us all

There's nothing wrong with straps you dyel

Honestly he was too jacked and tan for me to even recognize him

>tfw such a pathetic weak faggot that i literally strained my back doing bicep curls with only 28 lb dumbbells

>mfw (You) are OP

Has little to do with weight, could be a cold muscle or an irregular movement. It's all good user we all get little stupid niggles. My pl buddy got a spasm from picking up his shirt I shit you not

Fucking wish. I'm just some squat Chad who's desperately trying to get his deadlift to be the same as his squat
[spoiler] my bench is also less than 50% of my tested squat max of 200kg which was still only an RPE 9 [spoiler]

Grab the bar
Pull the slack out of the bar (you should feel it in you lats at this point)
Twist your elbows into your body with straight arms (this should flatten your back and load your lats even more)
Deep breath
Brace core
Push through feet
Push hips forward

Really helps me personally to not think of it as a "pull". I'm not "pulling" the bar up, because when I do I initiate the movement with my back rather than my hips. Try thinking of it as pressing with your feet and pushing your hips forward as the bar moves up.

You have squat shoes

GO FUCKING DEEPER

dude look at your plates. they're all rusty from leaving them outside and shit. i know it's "cool" and "tough" to lift outside, but it's also dumb. other than that, you're too far forward. think about pushing with your heels. one thing that helped a few people i know (though there is a bit of controversy around this so tread carefully) is to look up when you squat.

mirin calves. I wish I could get mine to pop like that.

They were my dad's plates that he used when he lifted. Why is it dumb to lift outside? Honestly I just don't have any space to lift inside, otherwise I would.

I've tried looking up when I squat and I think it helps, however since people have been saying I lean forward, I guess it's not helping. I also need some new shoes. Lastly I'll probably be switching to low bar next workout and see if that improves anything.

Don't listen to this faggot going too low will cause buttwink aka lumbar flexion unless you are a slav or asian western europeans need to be careful google dr mcgill.

I squat as low as Clarence. And if you have squat shoes and cant fucking do that consider relearning how to squat.

Buttwink is only a problem if it IS a problem. If you have slight buttwink and it doesnt affect you then you can continue but the second it starts causing some pain then you tweak your technique

The topic of buttwink is heavily debated and people of all lifting backgrounds have different opinions on it.

Also kys

Nigga pls youtube.com/watch?v=-X1GkG2YgXw

The weight is too far forward. You need to do a lot of hip flexor and calf stretching bro