Modular Workout Routines

I've tried a few different routines but I haven't found one that fits with my schedule and my other activities well. Greyskull LP was the best one I've tried, but the AMRAP and focus on legs wasn't doing it for me.

I'm hoping to find something similar that has a strong base that I can customize for aesthetics and for the equipment available in my gym.

Lately I've just been winging it, but I don't want to end up all lopsided because my workout selections are dogshit. Any advice?

What's your gender?
What's your focus?
What muscles you want to get bigger?
What exercises do you enjoy?
Have any injuries?

- Male
- Aesthetics
-Used to be a former skeleton, so I'm super lean and can stand to gain muscle basically everywhere except my legs.
- I fucking hate squats because I'm 6'2" and I get plenty of leg work playing Hockey and through cardio, generally prefer upper body shit.
- I've got Osgood Schlatter in both of my knees, so I try to avoid high-impact leg exercises when I can help it.

>being tall

not having leg muscles appropriate for your size... sure mate nice meme

maybe do some curls

Like I said, I get a lot of leg work normally so I've always had more developed legs than upper body. I think I'll be fine just doing Deads alongside some calf accessory work. If I ever get to a point where my legs start looking like shit in comparison to my upper body, I'd work squats back in. I legitimately don't think squats or more focused legwork beyond Deads is really necessary for me right now.

Instead of squats, can you handle reverse lunges or stepups? Can you handle diddlies or prefer Romanian deadlifts?

How frequently you wanna work out?

Yeah I could swing those. I'm definitely planning on making sure deadlift is in my routine regularly, it's a great exercise and I need the back work for street luge.

Generally I try to go every other day, but any workout routines that are made for 3 days a week seem to work well with my schedule, as it's not catastrophic if I can't go two days in a row for some reason.

AxBxAxx

A
>4x5-8 Rows (+1 dropset AMRAP)
>5x8-15 Shrug
>4x5-8 Incline Bench Press (30 degrees)
>3x5 Reverse Lunge or Step Up
>2x6-12 Triceps Kickback
>2x6-12 Standing Supinating Curl
>3x8-15 Lateral Raise
>2x8-15 Wrist Extension
>3x8-15 Wrist Flexion

B
>4x5-8 Pullup or Lat Pulldown (+1 dropset AMRAP)
>3x5 Deadlift (shrug at the top)
>4x5-8 Bench
>2x6-12 Lying Triceps Extension
>2x6-12 Hammer Curl
>3x8-15 Rear Delt Raise (Reverse Flys)
>2x8-15 Wrist Extension
>3x8-15 Wrist Flexion

Rows: any type you prefer, but I like dumbbells on a bench. I alternate a neutral grip with an overhand grip. Neutral will target lats

You might want to consider both rowing and pullup/pulldown on each day. Most people, especially athletes, end up with under-developed backs. If so, just add pullup/pulldowns to A after Rows, and add Rows to B after Pullup/Pulldown.

Killer, thanks brother. I prefer dumbell rows on a bench too, so I'll probably stick to that as well. The only thing I noticed is that there's no chest work on here. Shouldn't I work in bench press or chest flies or something?

You bench on B, and do incline bench on A. Make sure you use proper technique to hit your chest via pinching your scapula down and back on both lifts.

In my experience, everyone has three groups too large relative to their bodies:
>front delts
>chest
>biceps
while everything else is lagging. I prefer putting in more back work to correct the imbalance, plus I just think having a bigger, thicker back is better. Some are now programming a 2:1 ratio of back to chest work to correct the imbalance. If you want to insert some chest flys, you certainly can, but go with the 2x-6-12 range. Also I recommend doing them on the floor, so you're less likely to injure your shoulders.

Interesting, good to know, I'll keep that in mind going forward. I think due to a combination of me being so lean, and being a novice lifter, I definitely tend to want to focus heavily on those muscles because they're the most "aesthetic" ones. I appreciate all the help my man

x5-8 Rows (+1 dropset AMRAP)
x8-15 Shrug
x5-8 Incline Bench Press (30 degrees)
x5 Reverse Lunge or Step Up
x6-12 Triceps Kickback
x6-12 Standing Supinating Curl
x8-15 Lateral Raise
x8-15 Wrist Extension
x8-15 Wrist Flexion
absolutely horrible, you do not need to isolate everything lmao

I certainly like having shorter workouts, so if you have another suggestion I'd be happy to hear it.

Not that guy, but do the exercise in the OP post, just do it 3x5, no amrap, and swap the squats and deadlifts so you do deadlifts 2/week and squats 1/week, OR alternate them like the bench/overhead. Don't forget your warm-ups.

Hm, that's a good point, I suppose Greyskull without the AMRAP is still a good routine. I could add in some of the good accessory work that suggested with the strong three day base that Greyskull has.

In fact, if you're not overly interested in being a curl monkey, just do this:

Day A:
3x5 Overhead Press
3x5 Weighted Chin-Ups
3x5 Squats

Day B:
3x5 Bench Press
3x5 Weighted Dips
1x5 Deadlifts

Just alternate between day A and B three times a week. Plug in curl stuff or ab at the end if you really want to, chin-ups and dips are all you need for arms to not look like DYEL.

Also check this thread out, you've got similar issues.

I am going to start lifting again and I was thinking about doing Canditos strength/control and switch to strength/hypertrophy after 2-3 months.What do you guys think

Thanks for the recommendation my man. I'll check out that other thread too.

NP man

>Rest 4-6min between the main sets.
u fucking w0t m8? I'm sorry, but I have a life which includes a job and limited spare time, fuck you if a squat exercise is going to take me 25 minutes including warmup.

Yeah, I always thought that was super weird. I /think/ it means that should be the rest period between your different lifts, and whoever made the infographic fucked it up. I read through a fair amount of the actual Greyskull LP book, and iirc you're supposed to wait ~2 minutes between sets. That already feels way too fucking long, it's like most of a song. I can't imagine waiting 4-6 minutes between sets.

Once you start actually lifting heavy weights, you have to start resting longer between sets. You must be pretty weak if even 2 minutes feels long to you