/QTDDTOT/ - QUESTIONS THAT DON'T DESERVE THEIR OWN THREAD

/Fung/ Edition

I'll start:

Why don't more fat people water fast? They would drop literally .6+ lbs a day, can take breaks 1-2 times a week without sacrificing much, and it's super easy.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/reflecting-on-five-years-studying-protein/
youtube.com/watch?v=rNUsOaB5V2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

20 rep squat programs
y/n

If I had a bad session today only doing 2 out of 4 sets after upping the weight, do I deload or try again?

I see people say they have no energy they can't get out of bed when water fasting

what about us wagecucks?

you do it right, i.e. lots of water and lots of salt

They are probably doing it wrong (not taking salt/magnesium) or fasting for too long. I'm 6 days, and can still work; worked this whole week. 6/1 or 5/2 is an easy schedule to do while working.

After the first day or two its tolerable.

What's the best way to recover your cut after a night of drinking? Fasting?

is one of these or something similar worth it?
Should I just cook on the stove/oven or get one of these?

because they love eating

>taking in zero calories
>while doing PPL

What about muh gains?

If I have 13 inch arms and 24 inch quads, am I T-Rex mode?

because people simply lost every logic when it comes to nutrition and existence. Our body is able to work without food for weeks without any problem and people that are highly overweight store a lot of energy to spend. Its not normal to be an overweight gorilla and it has been trained to us from out parents and the society that we MUST eat every single day to not die early.

Overweight people should def do this fasting since it helps them with their appetite management and to actually lose weight that has been stored exactly not to go into starvation.

Do one thing at a time.

You'll make better gains anyway with lower body fat.

Should I mix my whey protein with milk or water?
I read on the internet that water offers a better absorption rate and don't give protein farts but milk tastes better and I also get the calories from the 200ml of milk.

Protein shake before gym and late meal after or meal and shake after?

Mean to say meal before gym and shake after.

I'm 6,1 with normal body type and i currently weight 76 kgs but i still feel fatty, not as fatty like i used to be at 80+ but i was hoping that il get more thin by the 75 mark

All im doing is just not eating like a retard (eating enough to kill the hunger but no enough to feel full and guilty and of course cut on sodas ans garbage food)

Is working i already lost 7kgs but my actual body does not reflect my weight i believe, even when i was 80kgs a girl told me i look more fat of what i actually weight

Should i start doing the gym? i dont really have time for gym i was thinking to do push ups, abds and squads at home like the 100 challange thing of every body exercise is that a good starting point?

What's a good chinup to pullup ratio?

At 76kg, I can do 20kg added chinups for 8 reps but only 10kg added pullups for 10 reps. Is this a normal ratio or is my pullup too weak?

Any reason to not start pinning?

how bullshit is this video on a scale of 1-10 because I don't fucking fall for it for a second

How to do I work out my chest and abdominal without going to the gym. Poor fag for membership.

1. Resistance training will change your body composition. The more you work out, the more fat is being burned and some lean mass is added, even if you're in a calorie deficit. Only as a beginner of course.
2. You don't necessarily have to go to the gym, you can buy a pullup bar and a set of dumbells. With those you can do a whole upper body routine that is pretty solid.
3. You can't grow your legs at home unless you have a powercage, a barbell and 6 45lbs plates at the very least. Which is a pity because squats and deadlifts and working big lower body muscles in general will increase your testosterone levels measurably.
3. 100 rep challanges are retarded. Just do around 5-20 reps with a reasonable amount of weight and for multiple sets. Try to increase the weight on a given amount of reps over time and you will have positive results.
4. You will need more protein if you want to work out and lose fat. Read the sticky. There are also good routines if you do choose to go to the gym. I recommend GSLP.

There is no real reason per se. There are risks that could affect you. Liver problems, cardiovascular problems, acne on face and body, gyno (if you're not careful), mood swings and these are just some. Notice I said risks. Not everyone experiences all of these or even any of these side effects but you might, so you're taking the risks for yourself. It's also illegal in most states so you should be careful when it comes to that. It also costs money.

Really it depends on what you want to achieve and if it's worth the risk to you.

TL;DR: Nah, go ahead

What's wrong with 3-4 reps

How long before i stop looking like shit?
6'3
190lb
1800-2000 kcal a day
lifting every other day, 2 compounds, 3-4 isolations
walking 1-1.5 hours every day.
its getting close to two months on this schedule
so again, how long does it take to not look like shit?

Going to start logging my process. Got weight, belly size, arm size and chest size. Anything else I should be logging?

what are you trying to do? Lose fat or gain muscle?

Either way, it's slow. It takes a couple of months to notice progress either way.

Nothing. It's just nuances. Anything below 5 reps is usually used to increase your 1rm and your peaking strength. Not saying it doesn't build mass if you do it with high enough volume but doing that volume requires a lot of sets and is very stressful for your CNS. So unless you're trying to max out on a given lift and want to maximize your 1rm, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to train with such low reps.

does browsing fit increase your gains?
there is a point be fa if youre already fit?
drinkin coca cola effect your gains beside demagin teeth?

There are pretty much three valid reasons:
-Fear of sides: some people are a lot more prone to developing severe chest/back acne or gyno while on cycle than others
-Inability to find a reliable source: some people just aren't good enough to
-Isn't necessary for your fitness goals: if you don't wanna be big and are just alright with being lean, no real reason to pin. It'll make things easier, but if you just wanna cruise around at a slim 9% bf you can save yourself hundreds of dollars by being natty.

Other reasons like cheating, integrity, etc. are all bullshit and a lot of times they will come from people who actually pin anyway.

soda is fucking terrible for you of course it affects your gains.

It's literally worse than alcohol because it's just acid and sugar. Having one here and there is fine but limit that shit son.

brain size

Lose fat, see abs. Then ill increase calories and try to slowly build muscle.
so 6 months before I see anything?

Oi me bones hurt (arms forearms). Should I adjust my bench width maybe? I'm benching near max width almost every time i bench

Does organic whey reduce the farting?

Think about how many years you've been flabby in your life. Now think, do you really expect to be nice and lean in just a few months after years of looking like shit? It just ain't gonna happen unless you supplement some nice chemicals. Otherwise it's a natty lifestyle change that you'll adhere to for a couple of years in order to finally see great results.

you're eating too much. You want a minimum 500 cal deficit, eat 1800 cal a day maximum.

Start measuring progress, weigh yourself every week and make sure you're losing a pound a week.

organic is a overpriced meme don't fall for it.

take it from a guy who worked at whole foods for half a year.

I guess Im just nervous im doing one key component wrong and all my work will be wasted

a few years is harsh unless you're a total fatass. A shlubby looking guy can easily transform himself skinny in about a year natty.

2300 TDEE, i walk at least 1 hour a day which burns minimum 200 calories.
1800-2000 is pretty accurate.

All you can do is track your calories, weigh in once a week, and take a photo once a week in order to make sure everything is right. Those things aren't necessary, but they help keep peace of mind that things are going the way they should. Remember that weight loss and fat loss don't necessarily follow a linear function, maybe one week you won't see much, then another week you won't see much, but then the week after you'll look like you lost more fat than you would expect.

>what am i doing wrong I'm not seeing progress clearly something is wrong
>your eating too much
>that's impossible I'm right I clearly know what I'm talking about

Well I havent really been taking pictures but Ive been counting calories for years, just not restricting them. and Ill try to weigh once a week.
>asking when I shouldnt look like shit is the same as saying "something is clearly wrong"

When i start pinning my ass with steroids and i want to bulk up, do i have to eat at "enhanced" surplus since day one, or do i have to wait for test to kick in before adding the calories?

nigger if you want to lose weight, and you're not losing weight, there's literally only one answer: You're eating too much.

as soon as you inject it it's working, eat at a surplus when you start.

also you should really ask in the /fraud/ thread.

I fucked a chick from the bar for about 3 minutes raw last night...
She showed me her birth control, it had the prescription date and it looked like the right amount were missing
How fucked am I?

Quad size
Calf size
Glute size
Wrist size
Neck size
Glute size
Penis size
Forearm size
Glute size
Hand size
Ankle size
Elbow size
Shoulder size
Almond size

I've been doing SS at a deficit for several months and ive completely hit a wall and had to deload a few times. What should I do now? i still have about 20ish pounds to lose. I'm 6'1 223 pounds so I can't really eat more since I still have a considerable amount of fat to lose.

Should I just focus on cardio for a while?

i never said i wasnt losing weight, I was asking when I would see progress.

Did you cum inside?

SS is a beginner program, do a split

then weigh yourself dummy, take a picture every month and compare

Any decent splits you can recommend?

im aware progress will take place. the question was about when to expect progress to have visible signs. clearly 1 month isnt enough, but is 4? 6? 12 months?

It was a lazy pullout job, maybe a tiny bit got in there
I was just so drunk and I haven't been laid in forever and she really seemed serious about not wanting kids, and said she'd get an abortion without me mentioning it
Now I'm sitting here like wtf theres a chance I ruined my life for no reason

I don't regret having one and I guess it's the easiest way to do grilled chicken if you don't have a full grill

you need to stop looking at this as a timed sort of thing. Progress is subtle. This is why you should weigh yourself and take pictures. You may not notice it yourself since it's slow and you see yourself shirtless/naked every day, but over 2-3 months take a comparison photo and you'll notice small differences.

Dont. Do. Splits.

Try texas method.

Brosplits are the best way to workout. Everything else is a meme.

Give me your reasoning.

I'd like to start lifting, so I've been practicing forms and movements to make sure I know what I'm doing when I hit the gym.

When I try squatting, I get an intense pain in my hip-thigh socket when my butt passes the midpoint and goes below my waist. A couple of times it's been so intense that I had to immediately lie down.

Does anybody know what this is? I'm going to see my GP, but I'm scared it might mean I can't squat.

I just want to look good, theres no isolation movements in texas method.

Whats wrong with splits?

I'm currently doing a push-pull split 4 times a week which I enjoy.

push has bench, squats, press, (bench) press accessory, and biceps+triceps+shoulders.
pull has pullup, deadlift, row, pullup/row accessory, and biceps+triceps+shoulders.

you can leave out biceps on push day and triceps on pull day, but doing arms more often works better for me.

Motherfucker add accessories. You can modify the program. It's for upper-intermediate/advanced lifters who are strictly seeking to increase their lifts. It's periodized correctly for a lower intermediate, but the weight and volume doesn't put nearly enough stress for someone lifting light enough weight.

For someone looking good, adding accessories is entirely fine.

so on a cut, you still need the same amount of protein per day, right? I'm 190cm, 81kg (6'2" 178lbs) and probably about 16-18% body fat...so that means my lean mass is about 145-150lbs. So I should be aiming for 150g of protein a day? That's like 600 calories assuming it's whey powder, or like 12 eggs a day. How do i do that while remaining at about 1500 calories? I really don't want to eat purely eggs and lean chicken breast and scoops every day, my farts are bad enough.

Does it matter mixing your protons in a liquid or can I just shovel the scoop in my mouth and flush it with milk?

Serious question

do you get that at bodyweight? or only when you use weights? did you try squatting just the bar and checking your form? Maybe your feet aren't far apart enough or you might have a flexibility problem. Try stretches (look up taekwondo/kickboxing stretching routines, they really help loosen up your hips and legs - only do them after a good warmup of at least 10-15 minutes though.) It sounds like some sort of issue with your joints or tendons, which you can help with gentle stretching and lightweight exercise, but you should definitely go to your GP and get an expert input.

it's just easier to eat when you mix with milk. as long as it all goes in and you wash it down then it doesn't make much of a difference. Don't know why you wouldn't take the five seconds it takes to put it in a shaker cup and shake with milk though, you get a nice frothy milkshake. add some dark chocolate powder for extra tasty.

some sources (e.g. examine.com) recommend a higher protein intake when cutting.
protein intake should be based on what weight you'd be at an optimal body fat level (10~12%), not completely lean body weight.
anyway, 150g of protein should be fine.
eating at just 1500 calories is quite a cut for someone who's 6'2", but doable if you just cut out most carbs.
meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, low calorie fruits, stuff like that.

kek

Have you ever tried water fasting mate? Did you even watch that kid's video?

After day three or so, you can barely stand up without fainting. Within a week and a half, you're basically bedridden. Most fat people have jobs and stuff

okay, thanks for the input.
>eating at just 1500 calories is quite a cut
is it too much? that's based on an average BMR of about 2000, although I probably burn another 600 in exercise so I probably should be averaging about 1900 a day.

Do you cut faster at ~800 deficit than at ~500? If I'm keeping up my workout routine and eating enough protons it won't mean I lose muscle as well will it? Doing a 6 day a week PPL routine atm.

if you get 150g of protein and eat plenty of vegetables, it's probably not gonna make a huge difference.
just try and see how you feel.

if you feel shit, just eat more.
if you feel good and you're maintaining or gaining strength, try less.

alright thanks user. gonna order some more whey protein to make up the gap, I try to eat protein-dense foods (eggs, tuna, etc) but i can't seem to make up the protein while remaining at the calorie deficit.

Is 3g of protein per kg of bodyweight too much?
Are 1/2/3/4 lifts 1rm or 5rm?
By cold showers you mean actually cold or lukewarm?
When I have to deload on compound exercises how much should I deload? (%)
Ty

Yeah just at bodyweight. Thanks for the advice.

I used to be hella hench due to going to the gym daily and steroids. Now 1.5 years later I'm a chubby unfit dude that weights 205lbs at 5'10". I can see my frame is much the same and I still have some muscle mass, but I want to cut down and get fit again. I'm done with being in a rut due to my depression and my disgust with myself has finally overtaken my disgust for the world so I'm ready to get back into it.

I won't be able to get into a gym for another 2-4 weeks ( depending on income ) but I am starting my cut today. Is 2000 calories a day with about 150g protein fine for my weight of 205? I don't want to lose much muscle mass in my cut.

My goal is to lose 25lbs ( or however much I need to get down to 12ish% ) and then hop back on the juice.

>While dieting, the jury is still out concerning whether there’s a benefit from an intake higher than 1.8-2.2g/kg for muscle retention. However, there probably are some benefits in terms of satiety and potentially mood. That said, I wouldn’t go too high, as excess protein can displace your caloric allotment for carbs and fat. Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater and end up with a sub-par diet in terms of variety, micronutrient density, and adequate nutritional support for training. Thus, I’d cap dieting protein intake at ~2.8g/kg of total body mass, or roughly 1.3g/lb.

>based on everything, I think ~0.8-1g/lb (~1.8-2.2g/kg) is probably the highest intake you’ll benefit from in terms of enhancing strength or mass gains when you’re not in a deficit. Higher intakes are fine, but the only benefit would be for people who tend to overeat in the offseason and want to limit their calorie consumption to prevent excess fat gain.

strongerbyscience.com/reflecting-on-five-years-studying-protein/

what was that drug called that reduced your anxiety and made you feel social that was popular around here called?

i remember it was invented in russia and it mirrored htp or something

Need to know more about your program and diet before this question can be answered.

phenibut?

I masturbate 3-7 times a day how much does it hurt my gains?

Might not hurt your gains but it'll fuck your bodies dopamine regulation up and is linked to things like anxiety, depression, social anxiety etc

Xanax

Can I do strong lifts 5x5 plus a split in the off days? So my routine would be

>bench row squat pull ups
>cardio, arms and chest
>deadlift squat ohp
>cardio, back and arms
>rest
>repeat

I've never really done a split so I dunno. I can already hit 1234, I'm just bored

that's just dumb, but sure, you can do that.
go ahead and let us know how it worked out.

6 days on 1 day off.

On the day of your refeed, avoid high carbs and useless foods. Stick to fats, proteins and make sure you get your micros in, you are going to need lots of potassium. If you do decide to carb it up, leafy greens and maybe some in season summer melons. My first refeed I had watermelon and it was delisc.

Should I still work out if I want to do a water fast?

Dumb why? Because splits are dumb, because no rest is dumb? Elaborate

My dad is going to work in Istanbul, Turkey for two months this summer and I will join him there.
I am looking for a gym there, preferably close to Taqsim Square and neighbourhood where we'll be renting a place. Also I'd like a price estimate for a monthly subscription to the gym.
Thanks fellow turkanons.

Your muscles need between 36 and 48 hours of rest to recover.

5x5 is a full body program meaning it hits the whole body every session.

So...
A
48 hrs
B
48hrs
A

See the pattern?

If you throw a split on the offdays you'll be effectively inhibiting muscle growth,

Yes, just listen to your body. You won't be able to workout hard after fasting for 2-3 or more days. Workout intensity is inversely related to the length of the fast. The longer the fast, the less intense your workout will be.

Working out from only a 16 hour fast is no problem at all. This is Intermittent Fasting.

youtube.com/watch?v=rNUsOaB5V2c

What's a good program that fits the following criteria?
>intermediate
>strength-oriented
>four days a week

So if I'm gonna try and attempt this guy's 28 day fast, I shouldn't try and workout at all?

>literally in the sticky.

At what height is squatting either not worth it or too much of a hassle to do?

(im not not him, but) sure you can, just don't expect to be able to lift the same weights or get the same amount of reps.
medium reps (~5) is easier when fasting than high reps (8+), and so is longer rest periods between sets.
intense cardio is probably not a good idea either.
but you can go train fine, as long as you listen to your body.

that's not a thing

Just listen to your body. You can try to workout, but by the 3rd week you won't have much energy.

Watch his video. The only "workout" he was doing was very mild "lifting". I.e., getting the blood circulating into the muscles, not much else.

You are better off doing a 5/2 schedule (5 day fast/2 day feast). You can literally eat whatever the fuck you want for 2 days, and still lose 5-6 lbs a week with zero activity.