What's more impressive, a 2plt bench or 2plt front squat?

What's more impressive, a 2plt bench or 2plt front squat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2plate bench isn't even impressive, it's advanced beginner

I remember it being impressive in high school.

Neither is impressive.

Pretty much anyone can get that within a year at most if they took their training even a little seriously.

The only time I would be impressed by a 2pl8 bench would be if you were a girl.

>people constantly talking down 2pl8 bench
>I bench 145

congratz on being weak as shit? i bench 205 and i'm actively embarrassed about that.

>0.5% of people at your average gym can do ether one of these
>everyone on Veeky Forums can do them for reps
ok

This is a pretty well done meme.

tfw bench lmao 3plates for 2 reps at 190lbs bodyweight.

How long does it realistically take to reach 4 plates?
Is it even possible - talking about natty strength gains.
Feels like I don't progress any further.

I swear Veeky Forums has turned into nothing but self hate and e-statting. Every thread is filled with "you can't do X" and "if you don't X Y amount of weight you're Z"

At your bodyweight 350x1 should be possible for pretty much anyone naturally. If you have the genes, 405x1 might be possible at that body weight but I doubt it. So unless you wanna get fat, 405 isn't really possible for you.

2pl8 bench is gonna be a challenge assuming you weigh less than 2255lbs

But to obtain 2pl8 front squats youll be back squatting around 300 pounds

So I think it just depends on whether you're more proficient in benching or squatting

Routine and training history? Height?

>At your bodyweight 350x1 should be possible for pretty much anyone naturally. If you have the genes, 405x1 might be possible at that body weight but I doubt it. So unless you wanna get fat, 405 isn't really possible for you.
Okay well, trying to stay lean/get even leaner, without losing too much strength is my goal for the future. I am hoarding some fat desu. Feel like benching is so much easier if I am not that lean.

I should probably change my goal from stupid numbers to X times Bodyweight.
I think relative strength is way more impressive -> aiming to get 1,8 x Bodyweight bench would be pretty nice.

It is possible but it's going to take you a long time.

It took this dude 14 years to from 310 to 410
youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg

>Routine and training history? Height?
Training since 3 1/2 years.
190lbs-200lbs at 5'11 ~16% bf.

Routine: 5-6 times a week.

A: Push
B: Pull
C: Legs
X
A: Push
B: Pull
C: Legs

To get strong in benchpress I just focus on 3x3/3x5 with additional accessory lifts (incline dumbbells for 3x8/3x10 or so)
The thing with benching is, consistency is key. Always push at 80-90% of you 1RM. Dont go to failure too often.

How tall do I need to be to bench 405?

what sort of overhead/close grip pressing do you do?
ohp or Z press and cgbp/a slingshot should help if you don't actively attack it beyond some extra db volume

I'm 6ft and currently weigh around 176lbs. Want to bulk to around 200 - 225, ideal for my height. Currently bench 176lbs too and want to reach at least 315.

It's not completely wrong though. Both are not impressive by powerlifting standards. I'm 165@5'9 and lifting for a year and I can bench 225x2, high bar squat 285x1 (I don't front squat though) and I feel like I've got a lot more in me. Sure, I've only ever seen a handful of guys lift this much or more in my gym, but that's just because I'm in a shitty commercial gym. If you measure yourself by the lowest standards than you might as well be content with the fact that you're not obese or a nigger and stop lifting altogether.

I'm not putting down anyone, I'm just saying it as it is.

>what sort of overhead/close grip pressing do you do?
As a shoulder exercise I mostly do heavy seated dumbbell presses, e.g. 90lbs each side for 5-8 reps. It just feels more natural to me for my joints.

I should probably implement heavy OHP or push-press tho, I always feel like doing it again. But the feeling is just not right, I am afraid to injure myself If I lift heavy.

>I should probably change my goal from stupid numbers to X times Bodyweight.
Yeah, you probably should.

And then there is THIS dude lel.
He has been benching since 10 years or so though, wasnt it like that?

Fucking asians always have crazy bench presses. Some of the strongest benchers in the IPF are japs.

I just started lifting again a month ago after a 2 year hiatus because I had absolutely no self control. Now I'm afraid of looking like shit and dying at 50
I'm 6'8" and 242 lb so trying to get king lanklet mode. My bench is weak as shit and I can just about manage over half pl8. Pushups are a serious struggle for me too. I was told that tall people struggle with bench. Is my bench always going to be shit and it's something I'll have to accept or if I keep going like I am and lifting 5 times a week will I reach 2 pl8 in a year?

He started benching freshman year of high school with a 110 max. He went from 110-190 his first year of lifting and had a 310 bench by the time he graduated highschool. It was 365 when he graduated college and the video is 10 years after that.

He's apparently been using the exact same routine for the entire time.

>Monday/Wednesday

>Same volume and intensity both days:

33% x 10 (warm up)
56% x 10 (warm up)
79% x 5
86% x 3
91% x 1
96% x 1
91% x 1
91% x 1
86% x 3
79% x5

>Friday

>Fridays are tougher usually due to end of work week and 3rd bench day of week. If you can't repeat M/W, then use this lighter scheme that doesn't hit 96%. If you do happen to find the strength to repeat the M/W session, definitely do so as you have the whole weekend to rest and you will feel like superman come Monday's session.

33% x 10 (warm up)
56% x 10 (warm up)
79% x 5
86% x 3
91% x 1
91% x 1
91% x 1
86% x 2
79% x 4
79% x 3

He does 3x15 triceps and 3x15 pullups as accessory work. Do the program for 4 weeks with the same weights and then retest your max in week 5.

I think Veeky Forums is a pretty cool board. Eh benches 675 pounds for reps and is 6'8 with a 14 inch cock, and is a pretty cool guy.

the very first day I ever benched I hit 185.

both aren't impressive

>0.5% of people at your average gym can do ether one of these
>everyone on Veeky Forums can do them for reps

99.5% of people in the gym are not interested enough on lfiting to post in a fitness related online community.

Do you even know why you typed that ?

My best front squat is 265 x 5 but I can only bench 185 x 5. HELP WHY AM I LIKE THIS