GORUCK

Any of you /pussies/ ever done a challenge?

How do you feel about the style and methods of this type of endurance training compared to a more 'bread and butter' cardio/weight lifting program? Compared to something like crossfit?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn-tp1.mozu.com/7979-m1/cms/files/GORUCK_6weekplan.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This isn't really a training program more of a "challenge."

I haven't but am interested. I'm going into ROTC at my university so I think it's probably a good idea for me. As far as non-military applications, it depends on what you want to be good at. If you want to be good at humping a ruck, then it's great. If you want big arms, probably not. I think the cardio aspect outweighs the strength training aspect so I wouldn't sub it for strength training but use it alongside it.

You have to train a specific way to be able to complete the challenge (the harder ones at least).

It's physical strength, but more importantly, muscular and psychological endurance.

There is literally no reason to ruck unless you're in the military. It ruins your joints and makes you shorter (this is true, ask any grunt who's been in longer than 10 years)

GoRuck is crossfit tier bullshit

This thread might be better on /k/. The kind of shape that this sort of thing puts you in is closer to something they'd be interested in.

'Operator' conditioning to be able to do well in the military and similar environments.

Basically it makes you 'real life strong'.

Armyfag here who had to do a 26 mile ruck. It's fucking pointless and literally just about anyone with legs and isn't obese can do it, it's mostly a mental challenge. I fucked my foot up at mile 16 and literally limped the rest. I gained no muscle, just injured myself and tried to fight the will to quit

HIIT such as 30-60s is better for you than rucking

Armyfag here, rucking kills your joints man. When I was 17 and enlisted I felt great, after OSUT at Fort Benning I felt like a 40 year old man

This
Rucking is stupid as fuck and by the time everyone in a combat role gets out their joints are fucked because of it

>Any of you /pussies/ ever done a challenge?
I guess the answer is no. kek

W E A K

Sign up for goruck selection and tell me you only failed because of the rucking aspect.

Should have posted this too:

cdn-tp1.mozu.com/7979-m1/cms/files/GORUCK_6weekplan.pdf

>goruck "selection"

Lol what do they think this is some kind of SOF screener. Gay as fuck. Yeah nigger I did the goruck challenge, in Kandahar get on my level

They're very open about the fact that they aren't trying to make anyone an operator.
So I'd say no.

so you must know that it's all run by current and former SF dudes, right?

Veteran making money off dumbass civilians who wanna do "military grade" training? I mean I'm not shocked, that's pretty smart. Dudes are probably making a shitload of money off crossfit fags looking for the next trendy workout program.

Rucking is bad for you, end of story. Unless you have a reason to train to carry heavy loads over long distances, there are infinite other ways to workout that aren't going to degrade your joints, bones, and posture.

I've done real rucks.

It will produce 0 gains and fuck you up.
It's a challenge in pain tolerance and endurance. Nothing valuable will be gained.

This. Marine reporting in.
Fuck hikes dude

>Rucking is bad for you
>carry heavy loads over long distances
>I've done real rucks

It's not the same as a military ruck. The most weight you'll ever carry at a goruck event is 45 lbs and that's for their selection program.
Pic related is for the 'heavy'. Their hardest 'commercial' event/challenge.
If you guys think that's too much, why are you even on this board

I love people in the army who tell me how bad their knees and backs are after six years. Rucking is not a good way to train, and unless you're a beast of burden, you should only be carrying a heavy bag when absolutely necessary, i.e. hiking trips with your hiking gear.

Who you calling a pussy? How many wars have you fought? Ever kicked a door in at 0200 and subdued a man who wants to kill you? Crossfit? Get real.

You're a fucking idiot.

>look at me i was in the military
>no one else but me has ever been in the military

wow cool

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>missing the point this much
Paying someone to hike or train or run an obstacle course does not make you a warrior. And there are plenty of people "in the military" who aren't warriors or professional soldiers either.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>Who you calling a pussy? How many wars have you fought? Ever kicked a door in at 0200 and subdued a man who wants to kill you? Crossfit? Get real.

>m-my point is that this ENDURANCE EVENT that never claims to be military training doesn't mean you're in the military

>Claims I missed the point

Do you think that people who finish spartan races think they're world class athletes?

If you ruck with 45lbs or less you wont be degrading your skeleton and joints much worse than running. Assuming youre walking withthe weight.

The armyfags here who have shit joints have done military training and operation with 70lb and up loads on calorie deficits and deprived of sleep, which will murder your body.

Bottomline however, it could be a good changeup to running/swimming/other regular cardio; but it only makes you better at rucking.