Advice For Skellys/Skelly Thread

Lets get a skelly thread going.

Post Diets/Routines/Before&AfterPics & anything that relates to skellys.

I never really see skelly threads on here so I'm hoping this will get alot of replies.

Questions for other skellys out there:
>Are you doing GOMAD
>Did you start with SS/PPL or a different routine?

Also hoping to get a lot of progress pictures so if you have them, post them.

Pic Related is not me but i have the exact same build at 6'2.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000GIPJ0M/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1496658806&sr=8-1&keywords=serious mass
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was a skelly when I graduated High school about 4 years ago, like 5'11" and 130lbs. Have been lifting while at uni since. I've had the most success eating as much as possible throughout the day and doing the 5x5 program as a starting point. Specifically, I ate a shitload of roasted chicken wraps(with spinach and veggies, sometimes a slice of cheese) for lunches and dinners, eggs and oatmeal for breakfasts. Sometimes rice-based meals if I got bored with the wraps. I had a rough semester this last spring and fell off the lifting wagon. Lost a bunch of weight, feel weak as fuck. I'm at about 160 now. I have a lot of ground to make up.

how do i deal with feeling bloated. i wanna throw this shit up

You mean after eating a huge meal?

yeah

I jist pushed through it at first, but I hated the feeling so much that I broke the meals up into about half the food and ate twice as often. So eating six meals a day instead of three. It takes a bit of adjustment

I started at 110 lbs at 5'11
I hsvent made it such a big part of my life but I'm going on 130 after 5 months

Just been eating a lot and doing push ups/dumbbell Shit

Nothing too organised because ive spent most of my time running

I feel you. I don't have access to a gym over the summer so right now I'm running with my wife and putting together a calisthenics regimen. I have some dumbbells I'm using too, but since they're my wife's they're not exactly heavy. I don't think I can gain weight again until the fall

Is it OK to get in 1600 of my daily calories with bearnaise sauce? 2 dl @ 400kcal x 4 square meals. I'm poor and butter + sauce mix is cheap, so is rice, brocolli and chicken legs w/skin

Probably. I didn't always eat clean, I just tried to max out calories. You take protein?

I've never been to a gym, still living with parents until I finish college and can join the military

Gotta reach 145lbs before I can do that so I've cut down on the amount of running for a bit

No, I (plan to) eat about 6 chicken legs or 1,5 kg before cooking. I don't like the taste of whey but maybe they have made progress in the taste department since 2006

2 years lifting, 1.5 focused on hypertrophy and 6 months cutting/strength/doing whatever
177 cm
54 kg - 63 kg

I'll try to find the stuff that worked the best for me, it's like $48-$50 for a 12lb bag, so it's a good deal and it should last a while. Didn't taste too bad to me, but I like to add things like bananas or whatever to it

I started at the age of 17 at 6' 105lbs currently i'm 20 at 6' 155lbs. I still have a long way to go but I really love going to the gym and i'm still really low on fat so i'm happy.

Slow but steady boys.

looking good, nice progress

Here's what I had success with.

amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000GIPJ0M/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1496658806&sr=8-1&keywords=serious mass

You can find it other places too. The serving size is absurdly large, I took probably 1/3 of a serving at most just as a calorie supplement since I had a hard time making six meals a day work.

Nice job. It really is playing the long game against your metabolism.

I haven't asked for supplements but thanks. I've tried mass gainers before and they make my stomach really uncooperative.

That's fair. Keep at it.

I was proper skelly - 50kg at 6ft. Not good.

Also had dreadful panic/anxiety which meant I couldn't "just eat more".

My advice is as follows -

- SS/SL are good for building a strength base, but provided you're consistent and really rack up your lifts, call it quits after about 3-4 months. If you haven't fucked around, your lifts should be decent by then even if you started with the empty bar. I personally preferred ICF as it is just SL with some accessory work.

- Move on to something like a decent PPL routine. There's a good one on reddit.

- If you can't "just eat more" try to at least be consistent there too. If you're skinny there's no dire need to eat extremely clean. If you're struggling to get calories in, choking yourself on dry chicken and brown rice isn't going to work. Don't go mad and just eat McDonalds every day, but try to focus on food you enjoy. Learning to cook helps alot.

- Drink loads of water, don't just sit on your arse, and cut out alcohol and any drugs (including doctor prescribed meds for anti-anxiety or "depression" if you take them),

- Do steroids. Safe, legal, extremely effective. I'm on week 4, best decision I ever made. Not only means you can lift more and train harder, but most importantly for a skelly means you can eat more. This time last year I never would have imagined in a million years I'd be hitting 4000-5000kcal per day, but I am.

Thank you brother! It really is. I hope everbody understands this.

That's why I also don't use any weightgainers and shit. I just fucks up your metabolism and gives you a temp weighgain.

Have fun with fucked up endocrine system.