Veeky Forums's Summer Cut

How's your cut going, lads? On your way? Falling behind? Let it out here.

Also cutting general thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mBotY_n27VA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Current diet staples:
>Oatmeal
>Almonds (any snacking)
>Whey Protein
>Broccoli
>Sweet Potatoes
>Chicken Breast
>Tuna
plus a smattering of veggies. Not going too bad, but a bit rushed atm

SummerBulk2017

terrible I look like complete shit again, seriously considering just stopping altogether

What happened?

>cut
Lul
>He doesnt lean bulk year round doing mini cuts when he sees fit

Not cutting at all this year, I think. I had hoped I could start cutting this summer (started lifting in September last year) but I don't think I've progressed enough for me to cut right now.

Summer? In my mind it is winter all year around, and you cant cut in the winter!

I've gone 82>88kgs the last 3 months ~2kg per month. And starting to think about doing some mini cuts.

What sort of protocols do you follow and what sort of results do you get strength wise?

Only been lifting for a month and a half, but going for summer ottermode instead of bulking like I probably should.

Can I make it? Criticisms/suggestions welcome.

Good bro, we are all gonna make it. Went from 275 and fat as fuck to 221 today and at the rate I'm losing bf% I should be in single digits July 4th, not as early in the summer as I wanted but I'm still happy

Sure you can. People who dont lift arent gonna know you just started.

Mini cut wont do too much on strength, maybe it will go down a bit, but you will gain that back quick.
I usually just eat like 1800kcal for 2 weeks, my normal lean bulk is 3000kcal, yours may vary.
Reason for me cutting at do low calories is bc i cant lose weight at -500kcal

That depends, do you have a background in sports? If you're not, you just might end up being skinny with barely any muscle mass. A month and a half isn't really enough to build up any significant muscle.

Mainenance is 3500 for me @88kgs

How much total weight do you lose in 2 weeks on 1800?

Lifted for 2 years before a year long hiatus. Muscle memory and semi-clean eating during my off-time is the only reason I'm where I am right now.

Just hoping to be good for July-August. Currently 6'2 at 183lbs.

Should I cut or continue bulking?
>176 cm/5'9
>70 kg/154 lbs
>3x5RM:
>Bench: ±75-80 kg/170 lbs
>OHP: 42,5 kg/94 lbs
>DL: 130 kg/286 lbs
>Squat: 80 kg/176 lbs
I feel like I'm getting pretty chubby.

If you're anywhere near your old PRs, I think you're fine.

215 lb down to 187. Been cutting for 60 days now. Eating 2200 kcal a day and doing SS with accessories plus two HIIT and ab sessions. I'm sitting around 15% bf, my goal is visual abs. Probably around 175 or 170 lb I imagine - honestly I've never seen my abs before so no idea when to expect it.

Over the past week though my weight loss has plateaued even though my calories and exercise has not changed. Any ideas how to bust through it?

>cutting too much to remove that last layer of fat
>body is deflating, arms are back to the skinny side
>mfw

Great, dropped 12kg since breaking up with my gf right before new years. Friends and family hating pretty hard but still grudgingly respecting the effort. Had to drop off some stuff at exes house after losing the initial 6kg and she cried like the cutie patootie she was, telling me I looked amazing.

Matching with all the qts I swipe on tinder like pic related but no interest since any chick willing to swipe right on my shallow ass profile has already failed relationship requirements.

Pretty empty desu but the constant mires are nice and I've had girls drop their spaghetti in front of me half a dozen times.

Bulking is a shit stupid fucking meme, just increase bodyweight normally(1kg a month is good enough), people always overestimate how much muscle they can gain, EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Awesome progress dude.

I'd switch up the SS to a 3 day PPL with one HIIT and one 5 mile run. Maybe lower carbs a bit more and drop the calories by 100-200 a day? Not an expert, just what I'd consider to shake things up.

Eh, I'm using bulking as a bit of a hyperbole here. I eat around 2700 kcal every day, and I was 66 kg when I started lifting months ago.
I was just wondering if I had to stop trying to gain mass but cut down to ottermode or something.

2 weeks and a day into my 6 week cut. Going well-ish. Started IF last week as I find it gets rid of the hunger between my meals which is making it leas painful than the first week. My fitbit is measuring some worrying heartrates though for my running, might need to stop doing it on an EC stack.

>Bulking is a shit stupid fucking meme,
>just increase bodyweight normally(1kg a month is good enough)

Increasing your bodyweight by 1kg per month IS bulking you mongoloid.

What do the kids here think bulking is? I'm out of touch.

Just nix the E before you do a run, but keep the C.

yes I know, lighting and angles etc. but there's no way you hadn't at least picked up a weight or had some BW routine before a month and a half ago

See

My man.

I wrote out a lengthy response to this and lost it.

To summarize:
My lifts suck
(145 lb bench, 95 OHP, 185 squat, 275 dl )
And I am nervous to change programs during a cut although I was already considering a move to ppl.

Why do you recommend the longer run to replace the HIIT?

Thanks for your advice user.

They had to recall all the tuna in Houston because it was infected with Hep A ):

Temporarily replaced it with catfish, which i might stick with. Its a lot cheaper for similar nutrition. Taste isn't quite as good, but blackened catfish is still p good.

After being stuck at 164 lbs for a couple of months while eating at a lower deficit than ever, I stepped up on the scale yet again after 2 weeks to find I'd finally dropped to 159. Got a few veins showing on my stomach and hip areas that I've never seen before. I'm getting close, lads, 2017 is gonna be the year I finally have visible abs.

>eat like shit while lifting February-May because work/life stress, gain 20 pounds
>no longer hungry skeleton, but in danger of love handles replacing abs
>try to restart proper diet/calorie counting in May, fall of wagon every few days because shitty habits become ingrained
>by someone divine miracle I'm back below 140 lbs in June, look fucking fantastic

So after testing the waters for about a year, I think I found my aesthetic sweet spot that I want to maintain. We're all gonna make it boys

For me I've found the longer distance runs keep my metabolism going longer than HIIT, but that's just me.

Really, the longer runs and switch to PPL is more about keeping your body guessing. If your progress is stalling it's probably because your body has adapted a bit to the lifting routine and currently calorie intake.

With PPL you can lift for hypertrophy (4x10-12) instead of the 5x5 for strength in SS. Don't worry too much about your lifts right now. You might lose a bit of strength but as long as you're still lifting it won't hurt you in the long run.

Besides, we're going for A E S T H E T I C S.

youtube.com/watch?v=mBotY_n27VA

I think I look fine in normie-eyes. But I'm really looking forward to bulk season cus I want to get bigger
pic related, left is in january and right is may

>inb4 good lightning

DO NOT EVER STOP IMPROVING OKAY user

>muscle confusion on 2017 Veeky Forums

Did I trip into a wormhole to 2011? With advice like that, you'll never get a qt3.14 korean gf, user.

>mfw I live in Korea

Nice dude

Started off well enough, going from 89.7kg, to 85.6kg in a couple weeks, but now about 3 weeks later, I'm 91.4kg.

Part of it's cause I can't seem to get a decent workout anymore, so my body isn't burning the amount of calories I used to. I've changed up my routine again, and I'm gonna get back into it today.

Taste isn't quite as good as tuna? As tuna.... The things we do for gains, does it at least smell better?
140 pounds sounds light? whats your height? And as someone said above it's good just steadily gaining a kilo a month.

Lost 10 kgs in one month because of double jaw surgery. I reckon I could have lost a lot less if I went 4 scoops mode with whey but couldn't stomach that for 4 weeks. Going to gym when doc clears me for it

why no eggs? this looks manageable for me but I would want eggs in da morning.

Protein mixed with the oatmeal is too tasty and convenient desu

pretty good! already lost 11 Lbs, but i slowly get to the "fuck i feel realy skinny" point

>birthdays galore
>gains goblin family
>new gf
>tendonitis in left arm, pain in right wrist, herniated discs and sciatica

kill me pls

No one said it would always be easy...

>Matching with all the qts I swipe on tinder like pic related but no interest since any chick willing to swipe right on my shallow ass profile has already failed relationship requirements
You cheeky cunt

No its not. Bulking is eating at a calorie surplus and nothing more. You dont have to gain muscle.

>186cm
>71kg
Failed. Had six months to get fit and I went from 68 to 71.

I can see abs, but I have to flex hard.

not as well as I want it to.

Weight is going down slower, but I am putting on decent strength, so I can't bitch too much.

199->192ish

Too much alcohol

Bretty gud bros, I've consistently stuck to my diet and for 5 weeks and just this past weekend had a refeed because my lifts were going to shit. Back to normal diet but I literally eat the same thing every day, am I the only one??

Also I just order some yohimbine hcl but I kinda want to wait to drop a little bit more bf before trying it. Pic related was me a week ago at 211 lbs. I posted it in the CBT but was hoping someone here could give me a bf estimate??

Tuna smells fine? Unless youre talking about canned tuna?

Im talking about fresh fish lol. A pound of catfish is about $6 in the Houston area.

Pretty good! Have a long distance relationship seeing her for the first time in 6 months next week. Last she saw me I was at 92 kg now 81, looking forward to seeing her reaction

I've cut for 2 weeks, accidental recomp 1 week, now 2 weeks of cutting left. How fit does a girl have to be for her to look okay in a bikini? Don't say
>just don't be overweight
because I looked even chubbier underweight than now at a healthy weight. So at what bodyfat level would it be acceptable, keeping in mind that I'm a chestlet (not completely flat, just small chest)?

NOT NOW NOT EVER

5'7" and I'm a former fatass that crash-dieted his way into skelly mode before beginning my Veeky Forums journey last summer. The ride never ends.

lost 22lbs, things looking good. Been cutting for 18 weeks

Shes fucking other guys

Let's go brah

Started late but I'm down 16 lbs from May 1

Pics and we can tell you better

It always ends up like this for me.
I train hard and try to get no additional fat and that's my summer body..
18%bf

bulking and cutting is a meme
you are not intelligent people
nor do you care about fitness

I going on a vacation to the Caribbean in a month.
I've been cutting since March and have lost 15 lbs doing 500 cal deficit and PPL. I was losing about 1 pound per week.
I want to lose an additional 10 lbs in 5 weeks. Will 2 pounds per week be possible?
Any recommendations?

Lighten up, state your goals, be realistic and get back to work.

Got sick in the middle of my cut. Can`t train, can't eat properly, can't sleep well, and barely study even tho I have finals next week.

Help me Veeky Forums. Will I lose too much muscle?

20%+ bf and counting

Almost got that 1pl8 ohp and 200lb bench tho

>eat 2000 calories a day with TDEE @2500
>Why aren't I gaining any muscle?
geez, really makes you think

Nah I also eat the same thing every single day. It's the surest way to hit your macros exactly. Also mirin physique, you look like Eric Bugenhagen. Beautiful front delts.