Texas Method

You guys know the drill.

Can Tm be splitted to 5 days, where mon-wed-fri are normal Tm with no assistance and on tue-sat I do upperbody assistance? I really need to bring up my lagging upperbody parts which are mostly pulling power (so a lot o pullups, rows)

Bump

Mon:

Squat 5x5 90-80% of Friday, ussualy start with 90% than drop 4% and do 4x5 86%
Ohp/bench - 5x5 90% of Fri same manner as squat
Snatch grip dl - 2x3 around 60-70% of max normal dl

Tuesday:

Pullups 7x max
One arm dumbell row - 3x8-12
Abs 3x
HIIT Conditioning - 5x20s max

Wed:

Front squat 3x3
Bench/OHP 3x5 - 85-90% of monday
GHR - 3x8-12

Fri:

Squat 1x5 5rm
Bench/ohp 1x5 5rm
Deadlift 1x5 5rm
Facepulls - 3x15
CGBP - 3x8-12

Sat:

Pullups 7x max
One arm db row - 3x8-12
Abs 3x
HIIT Conditioning 5x20s max effort

my 1rm - squat 445, dl 470, bench 265, ohp 150

>Can Tm be splitted to 5 days, where mon-wed-fri are normal Tm with no assistance and on tue-sat I do upperbody assistance? I really need to bring up my lagging upperbody parts which are mostly pulling power (so a lot o pullups, rows)
That actually sounds reasonable, but you may be better off trying one of the many SPLIT versions of TM which are in the 3rd Ed of Practical Programming, and tacking on the extra volume there. Usually the pulls are added to the Squat days and extra triceps/pushing aux added to the Bench/Press days.

Incoming templates below.

> Basic 4-Day Texas Method Split
This just takes the vanilla Texas Method and splits the volume and intensity days while it deletes the light days, which gives time for some additional accessories and a shorter volume workout.
Week A
> Bench 5x5, assistance (ex: Press 3x8 and then Dips 3xMax or LTEs 3x10-12)
> Squat 5x5, Clean 5x3, assistance (ex: Chins/Pullups 3xMax or Row or Back Extensions or GHR 3x10)
> Bench 1x5, Press 3x5 light
> Squat 1x5, Deadlift 1x5
Week B
> Press 5x5, assistance (ex: Bench 3x8 and then Dips 3xMax or LTEs 3x10-12)
> Squat 5x5, Snatch 6-8x2, assistance (ex: Chins/Pullups 3xMax or Row or Back Extensions or GHR 3x10)
> Press 1x5, Bench 3x5 light
> Squat 1x5, Deadlift 1x5
Then take the 1x5 and "run it out"
> Essentially, when the lifter feels like he can no longer complete another 5RM on his intensity day, then he will attempt to get the next increment for 2 sets of 3. This should provide some mental and physical relief for the trainee who has been pushing through limit sets of 5 for quite some time. After a period of just a few weeks (generally just 2-4, as triples don’t last very long) the lifter will scale his reps down to doubles aiming for 2-3 sets across. Perhaps the lifter will increase his 2s for another 3-4 weeks, and then it will be time to pare down to singles, generally aiming for 5 across. The lifter will continue to increase the weight on the bar for 5 singles until it becomes apparent that he can no longer do so. He may decide on the final week of this cycle to take out just one heavy single. This will probably not be his true 1-rep max because of the fatigue he has accumulated over this entire training cycle, but it will be a useful number to know.

> Texas Method Split for Powerlifting
The overview for this program appears in the 3rd Edition and begins around page 181 of the PDF version under the name “Four-Day Texas Method: Version #2.” Below is the weekly layout for the two “phases” of the program.
Phase I
> Bench 5x5, Press 3x8, LTE 3x10-12
> Squat 5x5, Clean 5x3, Chins 3xMax
> Bench 5x1, Press 1x5, Dips 3xMax
> Squat 1x5, Deadlift 1x5, Row 3x10
Phase II
> Press 5x5, Bench 3x8, LTE 3x10-12
> Squat 5x5, Clean 5x3, Chins 3xMax
> Press 5x1, Bench 1x5, Dips 3xMax
> Squat 5x1, Deadlift 1x2, Row 3x10
The Squat and Deadlift will progress on 1x5 until they can’t anymore, and then those two lifts would switch to 5x1 and 1x2. Progress the Bench emphasis on Phase I as long as possible, then switch for a while to the Press emphasis, and back again.

when i ran TM i couldn't do anything on tuesdays, if you want to do some accessory work i'd suggest thursdays and saturdays

I think its thread related

I just started madcow as it was hard for me to make easy progress with SL (got stuck with 70kg bench press, not even consistent 5 reps)

So, will adding accessories like:

Monday:
DB incline 3x10reps
Biceps 2x3x10reps (preacher barbell, then 1 arm)
Shrugs 3x12reps
Forearm 2x2x10reps (undergrip then overgrip)
Widegrip pull up 1xAMRAP

Wednesday:
Triceps 2x3x10reps (skull crushers, tricep extension, pushdown, whatever I feel like)
Calf raises 3xAMRAP
Abs pulldown 3x8-10reps
Pull up 1xAMRAP

Friday:
DB incline 3x10reps
Biceps 2x3x10reps (preacher barbell, then 1 arm)
Shrugs 3x12reps
Forearm 2x2x10reps (undergrip then overgrip)
Chin up 1xAMRAP

Basically monday and friday are the same, cause I feel like making accesories AxBxAxx would interrupt progress (even more?), what I mean is
it would make me do DB incline press on wednesday then hit chest hard on friday, only difference are chin ups on this day.

Texas method is truly the GOAT routine

Bump. Seems every Veeky Forums thread with actual routines in it, regardless of chan, is under slide attack by trap and penis and meme threads.

i like it very much but what about squatting 3x a week like good t-rex I am

This looks like a beginner workout. I sure hope you just started lifting...

That's the 4day TM split straight from PP3 you dense nigger

First of all, rip for choosing SL over SS, I did the same thing and regret it up to this day.

Before I comment on your proposed routine, how much are you actually staling? What are your lifts?

whats this OHTE at day 1?

also what the fuck is 5rm at 80%

5rm is ~85% what hte fuck are thsoe numbers

Not that guy
overhead triceps extensions

that's highly individual, I've had a period in training when I couldn't pull 150kg for 5 but my 1rm was over 4pl8.

Buy PP3

These are really helpful, thanks.

fuck i like this but i also want to front squat like I do in 3 day version

kill me

Alternate squats when you alternate ohp/bench. Back squat during bench week, front squat ohp week. Progress would be painfully slow but you're doing what you like

Any advice on Oly alternatives? I've heard paused deadlifts work well in place of cleans.

Here you are

I think misunderstood you and thought you wanted to do Oly whereas it seems to me that you do NOT want to.

OK the cleans are basically a lighter pulling session, based on Bill Starr's philosophy of building the deadlift with cleans and clean pulls etc. If you want something else, other than Oly, just do a deadlift version that uses much lighter weights than your regular dead. Pause or double pause (below and above the knee) would work, stiff-leg or romanians would work, doing deadlift sets "light" like 1x5 at 80% of your top 1x5, or even speed sets, are all good ideas. Do NOT just do rows, those are a good assistance move but don't work the whole chain the way cleans etc. would.

if you want to lift 5x or more a week do easy strength by that russian fuck, it's got the "correct" volume to lift everyday and get stronger.

Squat 92.5kg x5
Deadlift 120x5 (there still progressing 2.5kg each workout)
Bench 67.5kg x5
OHP 52.5kg x5

The thing is I would keep doing squats and it takes a week to get up another 2.5kg with full 5 reps.

Those are pretty low lifts to stall on to be honest.
Do you sleep enough and more importantly, do you eat enough (>500 cal surplus)? If the answer is no to any of those questions, fix it first.

What I'd advice you to do is slowly dial back to the SS scheme and try to get out as much as you can from linear progression. That means switching to 3x5 on presses and squats, keeping deads as 1x5. Add some curls to the workout with deads if you want, LIGHT tricep extensions/dips to the other one. Keep it on 3 sets each. Anything beyond that will shut down the progression even further, trust me, been there.

As long as you keep adding weight every other workout (and with enough food you WILL be able to), keep doing what you're doing.
Depending on your weight/height, the average lifter usually translates onto TM after reaching 140x5 on squats, aim for that.

bump to save
fucking meme threads and dick threads need to go

Yes, out of those 3 (lift, eat, sleep) only lifting is a problem. Maybe I will just use madcow for DL, bench and OHP and try to go 3x5 with squats - i dont know.

Today was the first day and I barely did 5x85kg, a weight I expected to be easy as fuck, when I did 5x92.5kg 29th May.
Can provide video if you want cause I was just checking my form

I want to squat 3x and upperbody 3x cuz we freeaks baby

>I really need to bring up my lagging upperbody parts which are mostly pulling power (so a lot o pullups, rows)
>but I chose to do a program specifically for aggressively improving the squat and bench

Literally why?

beacuse squats > everything else?

idiot

What do you guys think about trappy chan's TM?

>lagging back and upper body in general
>better prioritize squats

Gotta get off of that kool-aid nigga

I would stick accessory exercises at the end of either Volume Day or Intensity Day.

But then, I live 30 minutes from my gym it's easier on time and gas money to condense training into fewer gym visits.

You could also kind of TM an upper/lower split over four days. On Monday, do squats 5x5 and some pulling accessories like power cleans, SLDLs, deficit deadlifts, speed deadlifts, or even goodmornings. On Tuesday, do your OHP/Bench press 5x5 and some related assistance (dips, Close Grip Bench, LTEs) and maybe 3 sets of chin ups. Rest Wednesday, Heavy Squats and Deadlifts on Thursday (either a 5RM or 5x1 squats and 3x1 deadlifts are good options). Rest Friday, heavy OHP/Bench press on Saturday plus some curls or whatever faggotry you think is holding you back from Dem Aesthetics.

Just be sure to not do on Saturday any accessory exercises that would tire your legs and/or back out for Monday's volume squats.

Are you not worried about your lagging upper body?

>texas method
>they worried about looks

lmao somebody have low eastem

I'm looking at the 3rd edition pdf and it has a 4 day routine that is as follows
>5x5 bench, 3x8 press, 3x12 lte
>5x5, clean 5x3, Max Chins
>bench 5x1, press 5x1, dips max
>squat 1x5, deadlift 1x5, row 3x10

Starting on Monday I believe. Questions:

If it's 4 days, how do I split it? I'll end up back to back Sunday and Monday. Squatting once a week is fine with me, I run and bike for legs, but can I press and bench on the same day?

Will I really inhibit growth just by adding in accessories like curls?

>eastem
Real low.

>low eastem
>eastem

these are the retards saying your routine is shit.

>Will I really inhibit growth just by adding in accessories like curls?
No.

Lift on one of these schedules, doesn't matter which
>ULxULxx and run or bike on the first U, on the first x, and on the second x
>ULxUxLx and run or bike on the first U, on the first x, and on the third x
>ULULxxx and run or bike on the first U, on the second L (but make it a power run or bike, short and fast), and on the second x
If you do a lot of running miles, be prepared for your squat progress to be slower

While curls are gay as fuck, they won't impede your progress.

president kennedy was pretty swole back int he day. no wonder he was able to beat freddy rosevelt and take the washington wrestling federation belt

>training counter to goals
>it's okay, I'm a REAL lifter and pick up weights the RIGHT way

Lmao, and we're the insecure ones? Training for your goals is insecure?

This is a 5/3/1 with the two mains listed then the rest are accessories. Too much volume? I've been doing it for a week and feel worked but ok. I only have a barbell and bench to the program fits around it.

Day 1: Bench & OHP
3x8 Pullups
3xBicep 21
3x8 Incline bench
3x8 C.G Bench
3x8 Pendlay Row
3x8 Skullcrushers
3x10 BB curls

Day 2: Squat & Deadlift
3x8 Front Squat
3x8 Romanian Deadlift
3x10 Hipthrusts
5x12 V ups
5x12 Side bends
5x12 Leg raises

Day 3: OHP & Incline Bench
3xBicep 21s
3x8 Incline bench
3x8 Front Raises
3x8 Chinups
3x8 Bench
3x10 Inverted Row
3x10 BB curls

Day 4: Deadlift & Front squat
3x8 Pullups
3x8 Romanian Deadlift
3x8 Pendlay rows
5x12 V ups
5x12 Side bends
5x12 Leg raises

Day 5: Bench & C.G Bench
3xBicep 21s
3x8 Front Raises
3x8 Incline press
3x8 Chinups
3x8 OHP
3x10 Inverted Row
3x10 BB curls

Day 6: Squat & Deadlift
3x10 Barbell shrugs
3x10 Hipthrusts
3x8 Pendlay rows
5x12 V ups
5x12 Side bends
5x12 Leg raises

I do this but instead of intensity days I just do more volume days. Think that could be bad?

Will it hurt too much if I do ULxULxx with ab work/push-ups on the UL days and harder cardio on 2 of the xs? I'm inna army so I gotta keep up on my sit-ups and push-ups

In that case, I'd do a modified PSD over those weight workout days. Do a 2x 1 minute max pushups with some rest imbetween sets at the end of each U, and do the same with situps at the end of each L. As far as the running goes, keep at least 2 days, or alternating 2/3 days, in each week, and rotate between doing 60:120s (with the occasional 300SR thrown in) and timed runs (max 30 min).

Bump. Can't let meme and dick and trap threads win, have to preserve threads that actually talk about programs.