I wanna learn how to swim Veeky Forums

I wanna learn how to swim Veeky Forums

I'm planning to take private lessons at my local rec center but they are giving me alot of options and dont know which to pick.

Its kinda of expense too and they charge for each session. Should I be able to learn how to normally swim and float in under 4 sessions? or more?

Other urls found in this thread:

ruthkazez.com/SwimWorkouts/ZeroTo1mile.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish I had that chad's shoulders, height and face

the life of an gymcel is the life for me

If you're white, you'll probably be not-drowning tier pretty fast.

its a photoshop

bump

lel, and not even a good one. look at where the traps meet the shoulders

How can you tell his height? How tall are you?

His shoulders are simply decently trained - possible steroid use but hard to tell. The "frame" shit is just a lazy excuse unless you're actually deformed. Plus, as said, it's photoshopped to make his head look a bit smaller and his "frame" wider.

As for his face, he looks like me, and I keep getting told I'm ugly.

So damn, if this is considered good looking/Chad-mode I'm well on my fucking way now I've started roiding.

can you guys please focus on my question and not the photo....

also dick

2/3 classes should be enough to learn to not drown, then work on it yourself by watching technique videos on YouTube or something

>learn not to drown
>his dad never threw him at the pool when he was a kid
>not learning the hard way
Fucking numales, I'll tell you

>his dad didn't throw him into an emptied pool full of squatters with $10 bills taped all over your 6 year old body
> instead throws him in a pool full of water

Your dad is a pussy

He has a dumb-looking and brutish face but it's still pretty masculine and chad. As far as ugly faces go, it's not a bad kind to have specially if you are well built

I was thrown into a lake

I've taught swimming lessons to both adults and children before and adults are much harder to teach. Practice floats to start off with a noodle or something to start off. Once you got the hang of it practice floats without the noodle, try and get at least 5-10 seconds. Next practice kicking on your front with a flutter board. Make sure you don't bend your knees too much and your legs don't come too far out of the water. Next start practicing front crawl with a flutter board. Make sure you breath to the side, you can practice this by doing side kicking. Once you get good at this ditch the flutter board. You can figure out the rest.

Post your face

Also, frame is actually a legit thing. It basically means how wide your shoulder sare, and some people have genetically wider shoulders than others. But most people fight their genetics by putt on muscle on their shoulders to make it look wider.

and this can be all done in what?

one hour?

three hours?

Yeah man y'all didn't even knowledge op

That's how I learned.

Go to the shallow end of the pool, ask a lifeguard for dumbells, small floaties, and a kickboard.

1. Breathing: Start by submerging head for 5-10 seconds blowing bubbles out(practice nose and mouth). As many times until you are comfortable. Then try doing quick bob submerges breathing out under water, and breathing in above surface.

2. Backfloat. Start with dumbells, then progress to smaller floaties then progress to no floaties. Keep ears in water, hips at top of water and look at sky. Stretch arms and legs out.

3.Frontfloats: Same as back float but flipped with face in the water.
Dumbells>small floaties>nothing.
Breathe out with face in water.

4. Front Glide: Hold single dumbell with both hands above your head. Bend your legs into a squatting position. Tuck chin into chest. Lean forward and push forward with face in water and keep legs glued together.

5. Backfloat: Start with two floaties. Hold arms straight to your hips with floaties at your pockets. Face wall. Bend legs. Ears back in water looking at sky. Very slowly push into glide and keep your hips at top of the water.

Different from person to person. Depends a lot on buoyancy and how comfortable is with the water. Most adults I've taught took a long time to get comfortable with the water which would delay them from seriously practicing. If you're not too scared of the water it will likely only take a few practice sessions to do a half-assed front crawl. It'll take a lot longer to do anything with good form if you're starting from scratch though.

>I wanna learn how to swim Veeky Forums
why tho

>The "frame" shit is just a lazy excuse
I'm guessing you got lucky with decent shoulder width and just want to believe you earned it through hard work. Well you didn't. Bone structure has a huge impact on how you look.

Dont learn to swim. Because they will just rip out your heart when they inform you that the pools being filled in to make a basketball court.

On the subject of swimming, is there a program like couch to 5k for progressing from "i can swim a lap but feel like death afterwards" to some baseline of competence?

>tfw no swimmer bf

• swim until you get tired
• rest for a few mins
• repeat
• do this several times a week

ruthkazez.com/SwimWorkouts/ZeroTo1mile.html

I just joined "Master Swimming" group at my gym, apparently they have them all over the country.

I swam for first time in a long time the other day and I couldn't even do one stretch of the pool. It was really fun though.

great help mate

OP here

I'm confortable in the water I had an inground pool once over a summer years ago and I spent alot of time in it just not in the deep end. I can float on my back and stomach I can doggy paddle but thats it. What I have difficult is to float in place in deep water.

i wish i could swim, but im too fat and insecure

Just do it you pussy. When you're in the water, you're weightless. It's a great feeling.

Swimming classes? Are these really a thing? I always thought it was one of those things that came naturally and you could teach yourself in a few hours in a pool.