Should I count calories? Is it beneficial or no?

Should I count calories? Is it beneficial or no?

2/10 got me to respond

Well the label counts them for you already, you can just add them.

If your a skinnyfag I'd say it isn't beneficial you should just be eating as much as you can.

I always found it too tedious, especially since I eat mostly homemade meals and measuring everything is a bitch.

Instead, meticulously track your weight. If you're cutting, see how much you're losing per week. If too much, eat a bit more; if not losing any weight, eat less. You'll have to have a basic idea of how many calories each meal contains, but that's easy if you're not a fucking retard.

Depends on what you want.

Either way yes. Keeping track of what you eat is beneficial.

Well that depends, do you plan on using that information?

I thought I was eating too much and counting made me realize I'm actually 300-500 under my TDEE on the regular and my beer consumption is the only thing keeping me from becoming an even worse skelly

>counting calories
>not counting protein instead

Quints!

Not even fucking close ya idiot.

You should recalculate them manually because manufacturers are allowed to skew them by ~5 calories. After so many things rounded up/down you could be missing gains during bulk or overeating during cut. Trust me it's worth the effort. I'm a scientist.

Oldfag here,
In the 15 or so years I spent trying to figure out how to lose weight and take care of myself, tracking everything that I ate was simultaneously the biggest pain in the ass (at first) and the one thing that made the biggest difference in my quest to have ultimate control over my weight.

I'll tell you this much: as previously stated it's a gigantic pain in the ass for the first month or so, but you get used to it, and if you do it consistently (and HONESTLY) for a few years, you get to a point where you don't have to keep track every day if you don't want to, because you develop a keen sense of what you're eating and how much without having to actually measure and track it. You also discover that there is a 'set' of foods you eat all the time that you rotate through.

I highly recommend it. Others will tell you it's worthless and stupid, but they either never tried it, or they never committed themselves to the idea, either because they didn't need to lose weight (needed to gain it probably) or really didn't care enough to try.

Once you start counting calories, you really get a much better picture of what's going on.

I was overreating by a lot, and once I started counting calories, I realized how little I had to eat in order to stay at a decent cut.

Quints fuckboy

move aside nerds

NAH, CHECK ME OUT

One side, boys.

Look out, here come quints!

I AM THE GOD OF QUINTS BOW DOWN BEFORE ME!

ok for real tho

OwO what's this?

It's always beneficial to count up these Quints!

Yaowzah

>There was a full 17 seconds of potential quints

Damn familia. I blew it

FUKKEN SAVED for posterity xD xD xD

Nice fucker I'm jelly

hey guys, i just wanted to say good job

Fuggggg

Veeky Forums claiming both quints

breh

You're jealous he got 5 numbers in a row. Wow, I bet you're a fat virgin.

>Veeky Forums claimed both quints on Veeky Forums

Bruh wow man like what are the odds

Its not bad If you don't mind eating the same things every day, then you can just make it, add to a calculator on your phone and go. Whenever you want to shake things up you can make some new things. The hardest part will be making meals, and even that's easy imo. If you wanna maximize your gains it's the way to go.

Any statisticians here? Calculate the odds. That's what it's about, user. xD

pretty hard dude theres like 50 boards on Veeky Forums

i count both

>being either this new or this meta

Each board has its own post count. It's only mildly impressive that both quints were in this thread.

This

Being on a cut I can only barely squeeze my protein into my calorie limit

I hope youre actually just this much of a newfag, its cute

>not knowing Veeky Forums algorithms

summer is here

see

Yeah, the algorithm is

[Previous highest post number] + 1.

Pretty complicated stuff

>Baiting this hard

Oh shit nigga, Im taking it

do you really think Veeky Forums has this many posts by itself? no way
just facts man

I know you're fucking memeing now, but shut up. Veeky Forums is one of the most popular boards on Veeky Forums and has been around for over a decade.

For fucks sake, Veeky Forums has almost 10 million posts.

>what is google analytics?
check mate

Try looking at another board for a sec

tried once a long time ago, never again desu

QUINTS

You're only 11000 posts off there buddy.

How much should you be losing a week to keep from losing muscle?

I have been losing like a pound a day on my cut that i just started like a week ago, but i have been getting the recommended 1g of protein per 1 lb of body weight.

Should I be worried?

I recommend counting calories for anybody that hasn't done it before. Everyone will have a wow moment when he realizes how energy works. After you have done it for a while, 3 to 6 months I don't see a point in continuing because by then everybody develops a feeling for their daily intake. Counting calories is more about educating yourself and not a permanent method to stick with to control weight.

>thinks calories matter

aAHAHaHAHahahhahahaahhaHahahaha
calories are part of a archaic system in which the food was burned and burn time and color of the flame was used to determine its nutritional content

dude thats like thinking mercury is the essence of silver level wrong . its like the prof system for alcohol that was developed using gun powder way back in the day. its bullshit

calories mean nothing . carbs, sugars, fats are relevant

>carbs, sugars, fats are relevant
im going to assume you meant to say carbs, proteins, and fats

but do hope that you are shitposting considering that the amount of macro-nutrients that you consume is directly related to the amount of calories that you consume