1st day of the gym

>1st day of the gym
>can only bench 90lbs
>everyone around me benching 250lbs+
W-we all start somewhere... right?

Yes.

That's what they're thinking about you as well, if anything at all.

Yes. Keep going, keep eating right and you'll be up to better weights soon.

Yeah. Don't worry about it. Four months ago I benched 95 for 6. Now I bench 205 for 6. Continue to work out, eat a lot and sleep a lot. Don't let others being stronger than you discourage you. Use it as motivation.

We're all gonna make it.
Just do back squats 3 times a week until 3 pl8s!

very well memed sir

THANKS FOR THE MILK, MARK

>can only bench 90lbs
lol consider yourself lucky

I was barely able to do the bar

keep going senpai

Thanks anons, very motivating, I don't feel that bad anymore

Looking thicc user, great job

>*bbbBbRrRrppp*
>bubbles rise to the surface

Thanks bro. Hopefully I will be able to hit 225x6 bench in about two months. I've noticed that putting an emphasis on my upper pec by doing incline barbell and dumbell has greatly improved my bench and my overall strength in my chest. Does anyone have any advice on how to increase diddly weight besides just doing more? I.e any other exercises

thats right player, look to the top, and make strides

Don't worry you should be able to bench 1pl8 soon if you eat and train. Idk why but i felt better about myself when i started repping at least 135lbs.

>bench 95lb
>squat 185lb
t-thanks rip

After going to the gym for 3 weeks, I managed to squeeze out a 90lb 3x5 set the other day. Starting on 90lbs isn't bad at all.

i started at 95. 3 months later i'm benching 145 4x10

nice gains. i'll shoot for that at the end of this month.

if its your 1st day, this is the mindset you want

fuck what everyone else is doing, your in the gym for yourself not them

this tbqh, we're all gonna make it.

That's correct. I was embarrassed to bench only 75lbs, but I'm currently 150lbs bench and not slowing down. Unless you're a coach, don't focus on the progress others, focus only on your own progress.

So you increased your bench by about 4.5 lbs for 24 STRAIGHT WEEKS after starting at 95 lbs?

Lmfao stfu you lying bitch. Your progress is good but there's now need to lie about the time frame.

doesn't matter if you're benching 1 pound, if you want to improve yourself then you went to the right place

Noob gains are no laughing matter user. I started at 140 lb one repper and was at 250 in three months. Due to bad life choices, previous ignorance, and discipline issues, it has wavered and bounced. Can bench 275 for 3. It has been 315+ before. Genetics are also a factor. Dont be so mad at me and that user because you are genetic trash.

Creative

When I started I could barely bench the bar three times.. I started out at a body weight of 140lbs at 6'3 at full bulk I was 225lbs
went from 45lbs bench x3 to benching the mid 300s for reps. Took me around 2 years but I only got serious about my diet in the last year and thats when I put on the most size. Goodluck bud. Don't listen to the haters most of them don't even lift.

>tfw started benching at 65 lbs
>not even half-ROM
>muscles shaking like you were having a seizure
>tfw bench is still in ultrapoverty mode at 165 lbs

Suppose it's better than nothing

You realise starting strength/strong lifts have you increase the weight by 5.5 kbs each session?

Make sure to add plenty of pushups on your off days. I didn't do that shit, and I had some severe retard fucked up weak shoulders/chest muscles going on... I wasted nearly a year of my life increasing in bench only to deload because I did not have the foundation to bench. I am retarded though so you'll probably be fine.

pretty sure that only applied to the squat/DL
if you're increasing your bench/OHP by 5lbs each time ill suck your willie

got serious about diet and supplementation***

There is hope for us tall skellies after all

mirin

if you benched 140 for the first time, you're just a fatass. irrelevant

> being so stupid that you thought the part about jumping 11 lbs/5.5 kg every deadlift/squat session applied to bench press
> being so stupid that you think you can jump 5 lbs every session (even accounting for noob gains)

>naturally fairly muscular before I started working out
>within a month at the gym can do 2pl8 bench and 3pl8 squat and deadlift
>catch flak from friends who started skelly mode
My reps are fueled purely by smugness at this point

That's where I started user. Just keep puttin in the hours, you're gonna make it :)

True, I was back then. 5'5" and 210 lbs doughboy. But 140 lbs is 140 lbs and youre a genetic fuckup.

Natty?

he probably didnt go from 90 to 95 to 100 and so on. When i started i benched 95lbs for 5, but once i learned proper form and got used to it, i shot up to 145 for 5 in a month,

>mfw 5'8" 118 lbs and can bench 105 lbs 3 reps and 115 lbs max and I don't even lift
>all these people struggling with the bar

Considering I'm 99% of the time the weakest guy in the room at any given time I kind of find this all hard to believe. Got any vids to back up these claims?

whats your diet like

>everyone around me benching 250lbs+
what the fuck kind of gym are you going to

I rarely see people doing more than 2pl8 in my gym.

tfw been lifting for a while but I only bench 170 for 10.

Is it normal to walk like a faggot who got fucked in the ass all night long, the day after leg day?

Nigga, I can't tell you how many people probably have your same mindset and then just give up. Do you think everyone else at the gym walked in and started benching 2pl8? Hell no. For some people it took months, others years.

The only reason my benches are good at all is because I was in football. When I started going to the gym roughly 4 months ago, 6 years after I did football, I started with 105 pounds. I felt so fucking weak. You have to understand, my max bench in high school was 215 before I quit football, and I always wondered if that was because the guy spotting me was slightly helping or something, it never felt right. I'm currently at 205 pounds 1RM after religiously going to the gym several times a week, even more than the typical 3-4 times, sometimes 5-7 times depending on how crazy I am. I still feel weak if only because I see people lifting that weight for reps and tell myself that I want to get to that point. It has always been about me trying to get that much better. I don't care if people make fun of me for not being able to do certain weights, I don't care if I'm shit at some lifts, I'm there to improve myself.

I always loved the quote, "Don't compare your chapter 1 to someone else's chapter 20." You're going to be different than others, and you shouldn't give a flying fuck what everyone else is doing. Instead, look to them as a reminder of what you want to lift one day, and how you will be like that, because we're all going to make it.

i assume you are skele tier, nothing to worry about user.

i'm 135lbs and i can't bench 135 yet, but my starting bench was a pathetic 66lb. i know how it feels being the smallest in the gym while everyone is benching one pl8 and above but ignore the haters and we can do it user.

WE ARE GONNA MAKE IT

I couldnt even bench 90lbs when I first started, was half of that desu.

Have just reached 100lbs, I was seriously weak.

today you benched 90, in a week you'll do 95-100 and so on, excessively comparing your lifts to others will lead to bad form in pursuit of weight at any cost, do your own thing, you'll get stronger if you stick with it

THANK YOU FOR THE MILK MARK

I squat 190 and bench 150 and I'm 3 months into SS. You're doing something wrong

Thanks for the milk, Mark

I have downloaded KG version and it clearly says - increase your bench press by 2,5kg (1 lb is 0,45kg for all you amerifats), squat by 2,5kg and deadlift by 5kg up until the point you hit 100kg x 5.

just creatine bro haha thats not even like a supplement though so i didnt have to mention it

4.5 lbs per week is nothing abnormal. There's 3 sessions in a week, you increase the big lifts by 10lbs per session (30 per week) and the small lifts by 5lbs per session (15 per week) unless you get stuck you can easily average 4.5 per week, even if you lower the increment later on.

Are you fat?

>every session
>every week
Here's your mistake.

100% natty and no i haven't taken creatine or any pre workout ever. Not my style.

I could barely bench the bar when I started
Doing 210+ now boi

you're a big guy
what do you eat like 4000 calories day?

[email protected]

I can fairly french your father when I farted
Doing his butthole+ now boi

Why would I lie about my stats on an Iraqi bible auctioning site? Also notice how I have given myself two months to increase my bench to 225. That's because I've recently sarted to stall a bit.

Ya bud when your skinny and tall you gotta. Took my awhile but consistency is key for skinny gainers

I only started with the bar and a 5lb plate on each side, so you're already ahead of a lot of other people when they first started

THANKS FOR THE MILK, MARK!

THANKS FOR THE MILK MARK

Same at my gym. Local gyms (2 in neighboring towns) owned by a big dude who snagged the "serious gym goer" market. Other gyms in the area are either $80 a month (mine's 40), or nearly PF tier trash, or literally PF. Summer means lots of kids but during the school year probably 25% of guys bench over 2pl8 for 5 or more.

I was 135lbs benching 60 x 5 now im 160lbs benching 150x5. Gonna try 1rm at 185 next week. Pray for me bro.

>socks and sperries

>poops and peepees

Not real sperries don't worry haha and i was rock climbing too.. I put down the bong and picked up the weights haha

5'2

Calling it

THANKS FOR THE SEMEN, STEVEN

It's really not that hard to raise your bench 5lbs a week as a novice mane

>started Greyskull LP about 7 months ago
>haven't been able to progress linearally in probably 5 months
>not even at 0.5/1/1.5/2 yet
What the actual fuck am I doing wrong?

THANKS FOR THE MILK, GUY

Thanks for the milk Mark!

THANKS FOR THE MILK, MARK! AND THANKS FOR LETTING ME SUCK IT STRAIGHT FROM YOUR UDDER!

t-thanks for the milk mark

Thanks for the milk, Mark

>increase the weight by 5.5 kbs each session
>tfw still not 1 gigabyte squat

it hurts lads

>youre a genetic fuckup.
says the 5'5" doughboy

Im 5'11" king of manlets.

Are you eating enough? Are you sleeping enough? Have you tried a deload?

I'm actually a 5'9 turbo manlet

I started at 66

How much does the bar by itself weigh, and do people usually add that in to their numbers? Same boat as OP but with just the bar.

You realize everybody else is thinking that at the gym too, right? You're making an effort, and that's what counts.

THANKS FOR
THE MILK,
MARK

>5.5 kbs
>kbs

You can be like the rest of the world and use kgs, or be a dipshit fuckhead and use lbs.

Unless you are actually loading an olympic bar with 5.5 kettlebells, upon which you better fucking tell me your routine

>tfw not benching 5.5 kettlebells

feelsbadman