"SS is great for strength gains!"

>"SS is great for strength gains!"
>Shit bench progressions
Don't fall for it, do SS if you want to get better at squats and maybe deadlifts, but holy fucking shit it's legitimately bad for upper body.

Other urls found in this thread:

strengthvillain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wanna lift big weights. Lower body does a huge amount of work and builds up much faster then upper body. After several months you do upper body and it increases very fast.

felt the same. here's what i do
>5x5 rows
>5x5 pause bench or cgbp
>4x10 pullovers or 4xf chins
>2x5+1xf z press
>hammer and wrist curls for whatever
>abs
just do more volume. like benching and pressing on the same day, with variants thrown in to fix a weakness. i also split up my workouts into an upper and lower day. lower body is squats, deadlift or variant, barbell hip thrusts for dem glutes

3x3-5 bench and 3x8 pause bench 2x a week followed by 5x10 dumbbell presses

Are chest flies worth doing if I added inclines right after flat benching?

I just want to have thicc chest, flat belly, nice arms.

Thick, solid, tight. SS?

Wow, just do SS like this:
AxBxACx
A: Squat, Bench, Rows, Dumbbell incline 5x10, Dumbbell bench press 5x10

B: Deadlift 5x5, OHP 5x5, Dumbbell chest press 5x10, Skullcrushers 5x12 etc.

C: Even more chest and shoulder-work

>etc
>even more

Neat, you should write a book.

No I won't write a book.

SS is supposed to work for like 6 months. You probably can't get bigger gains during that time, and after that it is imperative that you do a lot of volume on upper body. If SS is your go-to routine even after that, no wonder that your bench doesn't improve.

GreySkulls > SS

GS actually focuses on aesthetics, but on the side note you still do quite a bit of squats, mixed in with DL. Bench is also empathized a lot.

Where do I learn more about greyskull? Is there a resource for it, I'm too poorfag to buy the book.

Is going up 12.5 kg in 3 weeks shit progression?

5 seconds in google:
strengthvillain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89

Also
>neck harness
Nigga do you think I'm autistic?

Nice, I like the look of this. Looks like SS but more upper body focused.

The only difference between this and SS is substituting chinups for power cleans. Is that going to make that big of a difference? You could even add chinups as an accessory to the SS program.

The guy puts a big emphasis on squats, no doubt, but if you follow it you'll make plenty of upper body gains too.

>Do SS
>Big juicy legs but lack forearms and calves
>Add in wrist curls and running to routine on off days

Been pretty good so far. I also force plateau myself to prevent other body parts from getting too far out of balance. Except my ass.

not him, but I've tried both SS and GS
GS >> SS
>>duplicate file
here you go

What's this talk of "resets"?

What is that?

Why don't you actually read Starting Strength instead of just what you see people with less than 6 months of lifting experience say about it on an anonymous German potato salad crafting forum?

Why are you tripfagging on said aboriginee cave painting wall?

You could just do ICF 5x5. It has plenty of upper body lifts. You can do 3x5 on it probably if you're autistic.

I have anterior pelvic tilt which causes my lower back to do too much of the work on lower body lifts so I've been neglecting my legs. It's stupid I know but everyone says that squatting and stuff with APT will just make it worse. I'm going to start stretching, work hard on my abs and do glute ham raises for 3 weeks because I really want to get my lower body lifts back up. Anybody deal with this before?

>anterior pelvic tilt

I had to google that. As bad as pic?

Fuck no. It's just slight. I definitely notice my lower back taking longer to recover than it should though and I presume it's because the muscles are constantly engaged. Also I know that I have weak hamstrings and tight quads. My posture doesn't look horrible but it's fucking with my lower back and I don't want to get hurt.

Whats the benefits of AMRAP on the last set? For more volume?