What are the psychological effects of lifting?

What are the psychological effects of lifting?

I'd say that the fatigue the day after lifting heavy is actually depressing. Also the feeling of sticking out due to unnaturally large muscles and the whole aura that conveys are unnerving.

Other urls found in this thread:

redorbit.com/news/health/1048357/testosterone_levels_declining_in_men_at_younger_ages_zrt_laboratory/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>fatigue the day after lifting heavy
you've not been lifting very long
>unnaturally large muscles
therefore you don't have muscles big enough for this to be a problem

shut up you dyel faggot

Testosterone takes over your shitty personality

physical activity is a exercise to brain too

Cardio is good for concentration, which makes sense in that it raises cerebral pefusion.
Heavy lifting makes you sleepy.

this!

I tell you, because military training is not publicly recognized by the state, you must not make that an excuse for being a whit less careful in attending to it yourself. For you may rest assured that there is no kind of struggle, apart from war, and no undertaking in which you will be worse off by keeping your body in better fettle. For in everything that men do the body is useful; and in all uses of the body it is of great importance to be in as high a state of physical efficiency as possible. Why, even in the process of thinking, in which the use of the body seems to be reduced to a minimum, it is matter of common knowledge that grave mistakes may often be traced to bad health. And because the body is in a bad condition, loss of memory, depression, discontent, insanity often assail the mind so violently as to drive whatever knowledge it contains clean out of it. But a sound and healthy body is a strong protection to a man, and at least there is no danger then of such a calamity happening to him through physical weakness: on the contrary, it is likely that his sound condition will serve to produce effects the opposite of those that arise from bad condition. And surely a man of sense would submit to anything to obtain the effects that are the opposite of those mentioned in my list.

Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit. But you cannot see that, if you are careless; for it will not come of its own accord.

Socrates to Epigenes

Xenophon's Memorabilia

Yeah I get that but that doesn't endorse lifting.

>Cardio is good for concentration, which makes sense in that it raises cerebral pefusion.
>Heavy lifting makes you sleepy
I concur. Send help.

pbpf

You've obviously never done a real program and don't even lift heavy. Probably go to the gym to get """"toned"""" Come back after you've done smolov, sheiko, c6w or any other real program. I'd say you'd feel pretty damn fatigued.

Just do cardio after you lift. Hop on a bike for 20 or 30 mins.

>the fatigue the day after

stopped reading there you faggot

>cardio after you lift.
Does this work in making me less sleepy? That is what interests me only

why dont you just try it and see for yourself senpai

Try wearing normal fitting cloths and not tank tops and shirts that show off your muscle everywhere you go. That makes you look desperate for attention anyway

The breadth of my shoulders cannot be disguised by any fabric human made.
Also if you're really swole such as me it shows in the way you move.

dyel

Your mom doesn't even lift

muscle = test creation
fat = estrogen creation

redorbit.com/news/health/1048357/testosterone_levels_declining_in_men_at_younger_ages_zrt_laboratory/

people used to have muscles, used to.

Well that link you gave doesn't contain any reference to a peer-reviewed paper and also the lab that found out this groundbreaking fact is also the same lab that wants to make a business from testing your saliva for its testosterone content.

I'm not saying that what you say is totally wrong but your source appears to be shit.

feel free to find a better source. But there are secondary sources, testosterone in fat people, and also testosterone in old people (which is not supposed to drop THAT fast)

For the theory on fat = estrogen it would be also fairly easy to find back.

>smolov, sheiko, c6w or any other real program
so you're a fat powerlifter. Well, then autism should be your top concern.