ITT we thank chicken for everything it has done for us

ITT we thank chicken for everything it has done for us.

Thank you chicken for being the most based food in the world.

Thank you chicken for your eggs, meat, and hilarious antics.

thank you based protein bird

>Thank you chicken for being the most based food in the world.
You mis-spelled "salmon"

thank you based bird for all your estrogen
without you I would have never ever developed these manboobs that my bf loves to suckle on so much

Yeah enjoy you salmon eggs while I have this omlett you fucking retard.

>ω3 eggs

I wonder how many different chickens have directly got their amino acids in my muscle right now. It must be in the thousands.

Fish eggs are delicious

Salmon fillets are more protein per calorie than either chicken meat or eggs

Plus, you they dont have to add in extra omega3 unnaturally like with eggs

>you they

Well that was a good fuck up on my part

Thank you walking bird of gains

Thank you, walking bird of gains.

I wrote a poem for this bird.

Thank you for being flightless
You help me make gains to fight with
Your breasts are tender and very lean
They feed my muscles with the finest protein
You provide amazing nutrition in the form of eggs
You lead my example in how not to train legs
As i grow bigger and get stronger
The line of ladies at my door grows longer
You are a descendant of the dinosaur
You help me make vaginas sore
My muscles thank you, based chicken
For making me swole, and giving girls a dicking.

I don't have to thank you, because I don't even eat you lmao

thank you chicken for being based dinosaur birb

chickun arise

literally living on dinosaur acids

>chicken
>most based

Pffft. Rabbit is better.

thank

Keeping one of those alive past 5 weeks is cruel

Thank ya chicken

Wtf? Rabbit? Seriously?

Yep. Been raising meat rabbits for the better part of 7 years. Dirt cheap protein.

How do you cook it? Do you kill the rabbits yourself?

wtf is that?

I want to build a statue to honour farm animals. They've done so much for humanity and they deserve our respect for the great job they've done. Also for farmers too.

Thanks Scootaloo for helping me become Veeky Forums.

>how do you cook it?
Literally however you cook chicken. In fact whenever I cook for people and I use Rabbit I just call it chicken. No one has ever said:
>"Wait just a fucking minute this isn't chicken!"

It's a lean white meat, a little less fatty then chicken, and a smidgen more protein than the same. Like chicken, meat rabbits have a mild neutral flavor that accepts seasoning well. Last night we had rabbit tacos.

>Thank you chicken for being the most based food in the world.

It's not a food. It's a sentient creature that you choose to kill and make into food.

You kill it yourself?

And?

And?

i luv u chickn

don't forget they let Europeans conquer the New World

gotta love those diseases

>You kill it yourself?
Of course. Sending them out to slaughter would raise the price per pound beyond that of dry aged angus steak.

>grab rabbit by the scruff
>smack it in the back of the head right behind the ears with a stick.
>string it up by the back legs
>slice its neck open.
>pierce and cut open the inner thigh
>cut outwards to open up the leg down to the ankle
>cut hide from ankle with one slice
>repeat on other leg
>gather the hide from the back, cut just under the tail
>cut free the vent on the belly
>pull hide down around the body
>pull arms out slightly, snap bone, cut free
>cut off head
>slice open belly from the vent
>remove the organs.
>keep liver, pluck off gall bladder
>intestines, stomach, lungs and heart get tossed into a pail
>I leave the animal strung up as I cut the meat from the bone

The organ meat almost always gets chopped up and given to the dogs including the soft tissue from inside the skull. Every once in a while the s.o. wants to do sausage so I'll save the organ meat for that. (it pisses the dogs off somet
ing fierce though)

All the bones, sinew, skull and hide go into my black soldier fly bin to get cleaned up. Once picked clean, once every two weeks or so I'll toss the bones into a crusher I made and gets tossed back into the bsf bin.

After cutting the neck I let the rabbit drain for two minutes as I get everything organized. dressing out the rabbit takes about 2 minutes tops. Separating the meat takes 4 or 5 since I'm pretty meticulous. Prepping the organs for the dogs takes just a minute on the outdoor butcher block. I just cut chunks and toss it off the porch.. they eat it faster than I can cut it.

bless your eggs, bless your legs. Without chicken there wouldn't be gains

Cluck cluck chicker

THANK YOU WALKING BIRD OF GAINS

Pork >>> Chicken

Oink! Oink! fucker.

That was beautiful user, I'm sure the many chickens that have gone to fuel our gains appreciate it

Sounds cool

Thinking about asking my dad to go hunting some day, and maybe even learn to skin and butcher a deer now

Holy fucking shit thats cold! How can you do that?

Thunk welk berd if genz

Hundreds of chickens live on through me and you, friend. Would you really let them down? Go and make those bros proud

thank you based chicken for literally going into my mouth every day and becoming my skeletal muscles that I use to lift things up and put them down

Pretty much dressing any animal is exactly the same. Deer are just harder on account of being bigger and heavier. But the theory is the same.

>How can you do that?
I'm not going to lie. It's hard. I feel myself starting to tear up as I'm pulling them out of the cage and talking to them and petting them. I know them all. I know their personalities in the short time they've been around.

My does and bucks have names, but the kits destined for food I don't call anything other than 'kid'. My husband doesn't even go anywhere near the 'death barn' and he won't even be outside when i'm doing it. I have to do everything out in the shed and only come back in with fully prepped pieces of meat ready to cook.

I couldn't do it. But I'm also morbidly curious about it.

How much meat do you get from a rabbit? How much do they cost to raise and feed??

Thank you based bird of protons

>tfw had to slaughter one of my hens
She got sick, and started getting super aggressive. Kept biting everybody. Finally, the day came when she stopped eating. She was so weak she just gave up and went limp when I picked her up. Chopped her neck twice with an axe. Unfortunately, I dont think I got all the way through the spinal cord, because even though she stopped breathing, she managed to tear out of the bag and run halfway to the coop. Rip Stella, you always were the cuddliest chicken

I love the way they look. A pet chicken sounds cool

>eating chicken
Literally slave food

Arise, chickun

I had chicken and scrambled eggs together last night and didn't achieve protein singularity from completing the circle of life, what am I doing wrong?

I second these

Also, how long do they take from birth or purchase to grow to butchering size?

Ive been considering doing this when I hopefully get a mortgage in the next month or two, with chickens being the other option but theyre noisy and Ill be in a town most likely

You ate the wrong one first

Thank you, walking bird of gains
If you get the right breeds and raise them correctly, they will be super friendly and cuddly. In all honesty they probably dont care about the contact, and just like the elevated perch for looking for their next morsel.

Same for humans

>But I'm also morbidly curious about it.
Nothing wrong with that. I started raising meat rabbits because my grandfather did it. I remember eating rabbit at his place and enjoying it.

The straw that broke the camel's back so-to-speak that made me decide to start doing it was a massive chicken recall. I'd already eaten like half of one effected package and had three more in the freezer.

I simply feel safer knowing my food on a personal level. I pick out a fryer or roaster, slaughter, and before it's even cooled any it's getting cooked.

No antibiotics, no hormones, no added saline solution "for flavor", and I know my rabbits are disease free and spoiled rotten. It's the tenderest, most delicate meat I've ever had that just falls apart.

>How much meat do you get from a rabbit
Depends on when you harvest. What people call a 'fryer' is a rabbit that is between 8-10 weeks old and weighs about 5 lbs whole, 2.5-ish of meat. 1.2-1.5-ish in organs for the dogs or sausage.

A 'roaster' is typically culled any time after 14 weeks and has another 1.5-2 lbs whole weight on it compared to a fryer resulting in another lb of meat and half-ish pound of organs.

A fryer is just simply tender. It's the best meat you'll ever have. Its best for quicker cooking like frying and baking. A roaster is a little tougher, but still more tender than a chicken breast with no added saline. People typically slow cook these since it'll hold up better to low and slow cooking and won't fall apart easily.

I almost always harvest at 8-12 weeks. It keeps the feed costs low. the cost of feed for another month of grow-out for just a pound more of meat isn't really worth it. Only times I have roasters is when I'm trying to pick out a new doe to replace a poor performer or an aging doe who isn't conceiving at 85% or having low litter counts.

> How much do they cost to raise and feed
Very little. The breed like rabbits. They don't need shots or vaccines, and as cold as it sounds, any sign of illness or disease I just cull immediately unless it's a high-performing buck or doe.

We have a small farm so I have plenty of space for hay and greens to feed them which they are given more than enough to graze at will.

I give them pellatized rabbit food to supplement. Each doe and all her litters every year to raise them up to fryer size on average costs about $120 and I average about 200 lbs of lean finished meat from each doe annually which works out to about $0.60/lb in real costs.

having no hay and greens would about double the cost. I also buy very little dog food throughout the year for my two Akitas.

The scraps feed my black soldier fly larva, which I then use to feed my 20 chickens for dat dere glorious egg.

Kek I came into this thread knowing this crying vegan faggot would be here

Eating anything is just taking in star particles that your atoms were also a part of

Thank you walking birds of gains

Thank you chicken for the

>Look at all those chickens

based little girl.

Thank you for the 10/10 posts

>Ive been considering doing this
You really should. I have no reservation saying that raising my own meat rabbits and chickens has been the single most rewarding experience in my life. I feel so much better know exactly where my food comes from and knowing that it was spoiled rotten it's whole (although short) life.

>Also, how long do they take from birth or purchase to grow to butchering size
8-10 weeks for a fryer size when you raise new zealand whites. This is a good balance between final yield and expense. 14-16 weeks for bigger meat, but at the expense of more feed. For two people a fryer is a meal with some leftovers for a light lunch. two or three meals for a single person.

>with chickens being the other option but theyre noisy and Ill be in a town most likely
Chickens aren't really that noisy. Rhode Island Reds are prolific layers and are pretty damn quiet, only really singing when they're laying an egg. As long as you keep a deep litter in the house and clean regularly even your neighbors in suburbia will hardly notice they're there save for the chicken coop. People will only complain when they smell and that happens when you don't clean.

thank you walking bird of gains

Also. If you decide to start raising meat rabbits, expect to outlay at least 2,000. final tally costs

The more you can /diy/ the less it will run you. You can buy rolls of mesh and make your own cages for FAR FAR cheaper than buying pre-made ones, and they'll probably be better quality. There's various ways of arranging the cages so research it first depending on your footprint.

Buy your feed in the biggest bulk you can and buy plastic garbage bins to store it somewhere safe and dry. We keep the majority of our bulk feed in the basement to extend it's life as much as possible.

Go investigate the rabbit seller and only buy from an established seller who at least lets you look into the rabbitry to check on the sanitation. Poor sanitation in a rabbitry=turn 360 and walk away without saying a word.

You'll spend about 35-50 for a doe and a little more for a good buck. You'll get your rabbits at about 5-6 weeks of age. Keep them well fed. Does are ready to mate earlier than bucks who won't succesfully sire until around week 10 in my experience. The does first litter is usually a complete failure. be happy if you have one survival to harvesting age.

Does can typicall well care for about 8 kits. inspect babies daily but don't fuss with them too much. at day 3 I'll cull down to 8 babies. After which expect a running loss of 15% up until weaning and another 10% loss after weaning. These are typical and expected deaths. I have NEVER had a doe not lose a kit in the first 5 weeks.

Kits can be removed from mom at 4 weeks if they're taking feed at will and freely. I give mom 10 days from separation before re-breeding giving me 7-8 litters per year.

>walkin
thank you walking bird of gains

You're kind of talking me into it. How often do you eat them? How many do you raise?

>How often do you eat them?
I'd say upwards of 90-95% of our meat consumption is rabbits. The kids love it, but like the husband, have a hard time dealing with the fact that they're eating something tonight that just this morning they had on the ground playing with it and petting it and saying 'I love you' to it. For an average meal I'll typically cull two rabbits. This gives us enough for the four of us and some for breakfast/lunch.

Fish and beef make up the remainder. We also get meat protein from eggs which are very prominent in our diet. We have 20 birds and average 15 eggs a day. By the time dinner rolls around there's none left.

>How many do you raise?
We have 50 active does in our rabbitry for meat production. Far more than any home gamer would ever need. I sell to a couple restaurants, friends and family, and local individuals. I also manage the operational side of the breeding program for the university that uses rabbits in it's research programs.

And since it's the next question sure to be asked. I sell to the restaurants at about $7.50/lb. I charge a flat $20 for a dressed out 10-11 week fryer chilled and wrapped delivered in an ice chest.

There's a french restaurant that buys 20 a week. They've been buying from me for the better part of 7 years after I met them when I posted about having rabbits for sale on craigslist. They're the sole reason I managed to get as big of an operation as I did and move to these 30 acres.

Anyone got any recommendations for meals that contain chicken so I can bulk up a bit? Also how many portions of it do you make and how many days does your meal last?

i love you gainz burd

thank you, walking bird of gains

Do you eat your birds?

I'm just waiting for chicken to approach me to do a commercial... I'll do it free chicken! It's the least I could do.

>High protein meat
>High protein eggs
>Milk
How can one based animal give so much?

Too busy eatin chicken to type it

>Milk
Nigga wat

>eating the birds
Generally: No.
Qualified: sometimes

Our birds we raise for the eggs. During the spring/summer/early fall our birds lay 5 out of 7 days. The continual stream of eggs is a more valuable resource than the bird meat itself.

When we have had to cull a bird, it's usually an older bird so the meat would be tougher than you'd find in a walmart pack of frozen chicken. When I cull them I'll cut open from the vent, rip the skin off feather and all and cut off the meat and toss it and the organs to the dogs. Skin, feathers, and bones go into the bsf bin for composting.

>Milk

Thank you walking bird of gains.

10/10 thread thank you rabbitgirl

I think thats a dude.

Thank Mr. Chikun

thank you chicken, hope theres no hard feelings

This is correct.

>implying animals have feelings

Thanks for all the meat and eggs, based chicken

Brother, can you spare some oats?

Only ever eaten wild rabbits but they taste extremely different to chicken tbqh

Wild rabbits are quite a gamey meat.

Meat rabbits, like New Zealand White, California, and other specially bread varieties have virtually no gamey flavor.

I quite often will bread the thighs and hocks and fry them up like chicken tenders for the kids and you can't tell the difference between a chicken tender with the slightest bit of seasoning in the breading.

Thanks pal

>Chicken are better at converting grain into protein than all other mass produced animals
>less harmful than all other animals on the environment since they are kept indoors and produce little waste
>Avoid the vast majority of heart related issues red meat does
>Best protein to mass of all the mass produced meats
>Avoid all the bullshit of over-consumption of fish
>Also produce feathers and eggs

They really are the best meat.

Out of curiosity, you said you have a small farm, how much do you make off of it? Is it a full time job?

didn't chickens evolve from dinosaurs? do you think if we lived in dinotimes and ate dinomeat we'd get insane gains?