Bodybuilding and Guitar playing

Do Veeky Forumsizens play any instruments?

So, I've been playing bass guitar for some time, and recently I was asked to join a band. If I do accept, that means I'm gonna have to spend hours with band mates, practicing, recording and all that.

I'm really wondering, will that affect in a negative way my gains? Will I overtrain my biceps / shoulders? Will it ruin my gains?

P.S. If you guys are lifting just for girls, you should join a band. It's a much more effective way to get some pussy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hgrhBB_VUTM?t=88
youtube.com/watch?v=ju1FiSt0TOY
youtu.be/Hy4rfzx0tKQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I've been playing bass guitar for some time

>effective way to get some pussy

Well, I know most girls to don't care about the bassist, but if you are shredded, and in a band, the girls will instantly drop off their panties.

Also, I'm not doing all those things just for the chicks!

just pick up a guitar and stop being a pussy

playing guitar and bass is more about the forearms, and you'll never be able to overtrain them

The main issue for musicians is that forearm and cns fatigue can cause reduced fine motor control. But you said you're a bassist so there shouldn't be any problem.

>bass guitar

i've played guitar for 12 years and will get sore hands/wrists/forearms after jamming for long periods of time, but you get used to it

the more important thing is this: being in a band is fun. you shouldn't worry about the band getting in the way of lifting; if anything, worry about lifting getting in the way of having fun playing music
lifting shouldn't be a hobby that overtakes real hobbies. that's not healthy

>effete music fags shitting on other homos who wasted their life

For what purpose?

Being a shredded sick cunt is fun too

>lifting shouldn't be a hobby that overtakes real hobbies.

Kill yourself tbqh

Drummer of 4 years, lifter of 2. Forearm gains. Cardio. Plus being justifiably shirtless, thus showing off righteous gains and musical skills simultaneously. Be a drummer.

I've been a drummer for 21 years now (I'm 32).

Definitely allowed me to get better looking and higher quantity of girls than I would have otherwise. If you are an ugly sperg it still won't help much but it still can help, because if you play shows you are the center of attention for a short amount of time and it elevates you above the women if your band is popular enough.

Now days I just substitute drumming for cardio 2 days a week. I play for an hour and a half each session, completely dripping sweat by the end. I play a lot of metal so it's using all 4 limbs, fast tempo.

I think my ex gf actually replaced the guy in OPs picture for touring.

>being a drummer
>anybody actually notices you

I've got the most girls of any band I was in except one, where the singer/guitarist was ripped and insanely good with girls. Complete narcissist, had more confidence than anyone I've ever known. I still got a lot of girls in that band though.

well I stopped lifting when i moved in with some roommates that were musicians. We were always playing music, listening to music, doing other creative shit or getting stoned.
It was my choice to stop working out and focus on music. None of my creative friends are Veeky Forums, theyre all skinny awkward kids, even though they were incredibly talented musicians....but that was really just an excuse. no reason it should get in the way of your gains.

No one gives a shit about you being in a band anymore, because most bands are shit nowadays. Probably because the majority of them play music because they think it'll make them cool. You're better off being a DJ

However, if you're actually fucking good, you're creating a scene, doing something different, people will be attracted to you....wether you're the bassist, drummer or whatever.
>lifting shouldn't be a hobby that overtakes real hobbies. that's not healthy
Lifting is def a real hobby and shouldnt be done half-assed. You generally have no excuse not to do it. You can stay Veeky Forums with 3-5 hours of exercise a week and a good diet.

However, i do think a lot of people take it to autistic levels where they overtrain, do really intense unpractical diets, shitload of supplements, spend too much time shitposting online, etc.

Yeah the music industry changed a lot. Most of the girls I got with in my band days were 16-20... after that you're pretty lame to most of them if your band isn't big

missed my point

understood my point

I have a hard time doing shit like this with the thumb after a pull day since my forearms are fucked

youtu.be/hgrhBB_VUTM?t=88

Same with weird sweep picking after push since my shoulders are worn out

>twf I can play all of dave's parts in rust in peace
>tfw I can play most of marty's solos
>tfw chicks don't give a shit about lucretia
>tfw already look like a meathead stereotype because of lifting
>tfw I don't talk to chicks about playing guitar because it goes into a weird conversation and makes me look like a metal douche

How long did it take you guys to learn guitar?

Kinda want to get into playing one

Played guitar and bass for about 10 years, but I've never gotten super good.
I could never do the autismo slow down and practice perfect technique for hours part, I just play everything at full speed until I get it (or don't).

you never stop learning, lad

I've been playing since 12, 23 now. Consistency is key in the early days of it, even if you play one chord over and over or just feel out the fretboard, everything is going to improve. Do it while you are watching a show or chilling in your free time

I play classical guitar
Feels bad when my nails dig into my fucking palm doing deadlifts

Ibanez Prestige JTeam player here. ask me anything.

What do you lift all day? No its not going to effect your day to practice a couple hours a week with some people.

Also, any bros into metal in socal? I play guitar and bass.

Drums here.
Your gains are safe if you eat all your meals and get enough sleep.
Being in a band puts in the kind of stess that may fuck up those two routines but if you can manage that you'll be fine.
Also, how do you join a band?
I've been banging around by myself for about two years and feel I'm not shit enough for someone else to listen to.

Girls don't care about guys in bands anymore. This isn't the 80s or early 90s when young people went to see live music for their weekend fun. The local music scene is a shadow of its former glory.

Music teacher here. I can play most percussion, string, brass, and woodwind instruments with varying degrees of skill. Chicks dig that.

not playing death metal, good luck making it in either art

youtube.com/watch?v=ju1FiSt0TOY

Where do you live? I need a bass player

youtu.be/Hy4rfzx0tKQ

DJ's have pretty much taken over that role.

>But no one notices the bass player

That is because those bass players play like pussies. Play those sick leads and slam the shit out of those strings. Be like Geddy Lee and John Entwistle not that guy from AC/DC that no one knows.

>Doyle
>Jason Richardson
>Manowar
>shit loads of others

if they can do it so can you faggot. I play lead guitar and vocals in a metal band and lift 6 days a week. only advice is to quit playing a meme instrument or learn to sing if you want pussy

been playing almost 6 years and I just started feeling like I'm good enough to play out.

>private lessons
>hour+ of practice every day
>play with people who are better than you.

it's just like lifting, you just do it til you're good at it

I run a band, write all the songs, sing and play guitar, and I go to the gym four times a week.
If you play like hell, rehearsals and gigs can be counted as cardio. Other than that, you must be a total DYEL to think that playing bass in a band will have any impact on lifting at all.

Classical guitar is the guitar is its purest form.

this.
bass guitar CAN fucking dominate but most groups don't call for it