Was reading about carbohydrates on wiki, and found this little tidbit

was reading about carbohydrates on wiki, and found this little tidbit.

"Carbohydrates are a common source of energy in living organisms; however, no carbohydrate is an essential nutrient in humans.[22] Humans are able to obtain all of their energy requirement from protein and fats"

Vegans btfo?

>believing wikipedia
How old are you?

You CAN get your energy from fats and protein, but it's easier for the body to take it from carbs.
You also have a pancreas that secretes insulin and amylase for the digestion of carbs. It's like your body was made for eating all sorts of stuff.

>2017
>still thinking the peer reviewed behemoth Wikipedia still publishes false facts.

Westman, EC (2002). "Is dietary carbohydrate essential for human nutrition?". The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 75 (5): 951–3; author reply 953–4. PMID 11976176.

theres the source fuckhead. I love it when teachers pull that shit.

>essential= optimal
The appendix, one kidney, and frontal lobe aren't essential either. I'll let you guess which one you're already missing.

Well unlike you I'm only lacking my appendix. And your right essential doesn't equal optimal.

Just like only eating plants is not optimal compared to a balanced diet.

Only eating plants in neither essential or optimal would have been a better choice of words...But I'm sure you wont hear that over the lies you tell yourself and others on the daily.

Your gut bacteria won't like it if you don't feed them any fiber and starches. Enjoy your deer shit and hemorrhoids

Good thing I eat both of those. I'm not a carnivore, I eat a balanced diet. Being a vegan is fucking retarded though unless your extremely emotionally weak and cant deal with the fact your eating a dead animal. I guess if your morals stand in the way thats your choice but its definetly not healthy

Name one nutrient a diet of lentils, tofu, flax and sunflower seeds and nutritional yeast is missing. One.

Well ist not healthy if you do it for like years...
But it is healthy if you do it straight for a month.
Or you can do raw vegan under the week and eat balanced the Weekend.
I diet like this is God Tier.

Don't care much about the whol vegan vs. non vegan thing but the marginal benefit of eating a diet like that is outweighed by the cost of missing out on all the delicious food

>outweighed by the cost of missing out on all the delicious Food
What are you, fat?
Where do you think you are, people here are starving themself are injecting their asses, eat according to plan, counting calories, ect just to look good and be healthy...
>missing out on all the delicious Food
We have cheat days for that shit.
Back to /lit, read something nice and eat something tasty... faggot

>missing out on all the delicious food
Have you ever had tasty vegan food? Have you ever even looked for it?
>Marginal benefit
18% of GHG is due to animals
Most deforestation in the Amazon is to create land to plant soy to feed to animals
Animals are castrated, debeaked, mutilated, amputated and raped while alive and conscious and then mercilessly slaughtered by the billions

I'd say "marginal" is an understatement

Just eat everything in healthy proportions ffs. No need to overthink every single bite unless you're getting a degree in nutrition.

You go to wikipedia for sources, you'd be a literal drooling fucking retard to quote wikipedia itself.

>Just smoke cigarettes in moderation ffs
>Just take heroin in moderation ffs

carbs are a way better source of energy than fats and proteins... pls leave dumb fuck

a fuckload of vitamins, including vitamin C, K, zinc, calcium and others that you'd need supplementation

>the source is written by an Atkins diet book author

Anyway, carbohydrate isn't essential in the strict definition of the word, but a lot of things that are good for you are non-essential. Being able to survive to some degree with it doesn't mean you should try to survive without it.

why do i keep seeing posts about muh environment in threads about nutrition? fuck off.

Completely wrong, check cronometer

enjoy your insulin resistance retard

Every teacher in college says to use the sources from wikipedia or use it to get you brainstorming. Only the dumbest people dont loook at the sources they post

>Vegans btfo?
Literally how?

yeah it's not like every cell in your body runs on glucose or anything. There's a reason why you have to specifically limit your carbs for your body to start using fat as fuel...