How do people stand doing hours of cardio in the gym every week?

How do people stand doing hours of cardio in the gym every week?

I've tried all the equipment and machines and within ten minutes I'm bored to tears and leave. I can run and bike all day outside no problem but running on a stationary machine when it's a nice day outside seems like a total waste of time, especially when one has to pay money to do it.

Am I missing something here?

It's just a preference. Some people like rubbing on treadmills much more than running outside. They can set the programme or incline and monitor whatever they want easily. It may just be more convenient too.

I get on a rowing machine that faces outside and just people/scenery watch.

I do it because the area I live in is kinda shady. Easier to do it at the gym than get stopped on the street by a gang of Mexicans.

Running outside has the disadvantage of suddenly being in the nigger outskirts

Why do you guys have to make it sound like anyone who runs on a treadmill is a pussy. Fuck what's the point of even getting fit then if you guys are that pussy just get a gun

I do 40 mins of HIIT 3 times a week, only reason i do it is because im eating a shit load of food while doing 8 weeks of 20 rep squat program, saying that theres no way i could do it without headphones

I watch youtube videos while on the stairclimber.

Thats about it

>only gym within 30 minutes of where I live has one frame for barbell lifts, 2 benches for free weights
>10 treadmills, 10 ellipticals, 8 exercise bikes and a few of thoese "sporty" exercise bikes

Cardio is indeed boring as shit. I just torrent tv shows, movies, or download podcasts and put them on to my phone to watch.

Its boring as fuck. Run outside or do lifting, with goals.

Nobody likes it, OP, they just have much more mental fortitude than you do. You think I like walking up an incline on a treadmill for 10 hours a week when I'm in prep? Fuck no, I hate it, it's boring, it sucks.
Do I give up and go home? No, I suck it up because I want to look shredded.

I get on the treadmill. I pick a distance and try to beat my time every time I run. It's actually quite addictive. This athleticism transfers over to other sports.

i have always done HIIT to avoid boredom, or just went outside
lately, i am using a treadmill that has some kind of dock for the phone, so i download live concerts from youtube, and i watch a different one each time i do cardio
it is really cool, if you download any performance with lots of energy, like some punk or metal

This is the only way I've been able to manage doing cardio on a treadmill. I live in northern Illinois, so fuck running outside during the winter. I try every year, but I can never do it. So this year I tried doing a treadmill at the gym... then the stair stepper... then the ellipticals...
Boring.
As.
Fuck!
Half hour on a treadmill is a fucking eternity! So I bought a treadmill and set it up for gaming. I Set it to the highest incline and do a brisk walk. The game is a good enough distraction that I can go like this for 2 or 3 hours, and at a 10° incline, it's a damn good workout too.

that is a really cool setup

This
>get off work late
>didnt want to cardio in the morning at the time so i bike at night like a retard
>how is someone gonna mug me on a bike lol
>on my way back home after a good ride
>its late now
>bike past mexican apartments, street is dark as fuck
>see two dudes standing on either side of sidewalk in hoodies
>one beaner shouts HEEEY HEEY MAAN as I approach
>they start to walk closer to where I'm going to be
>stand on pedals and crank as hard as i can
>one starts yelling STOP STOP STOP angrily
>turn into middle of street and keep peddling
>slow down when I get far enough away and coast back to sidewalk
>Guy yells WE JUST WANNA TALK TO YOUUUU
>can hear the shit eating grin and mexican accent in his voice

God damn i hate living near so many mexicans. Also as I type this I just looked and they stole my fuckin bike, the two wrenches and a screwdriver i had next to it and my fuckin can of wd40

>treadmill
Listen to music with different bpms to adjust my speed during the workout

>arc trainer
Play a game on my phone to distract myself

>stair stepper
Just feel like shit and do my best

I usually do two of these in 20 minute intervals.

I can only do cardio if there is a hot grill in yoga pants running on the treadmill in front of me.

I like when someone runs next to me because it makes me want to keep going instead of stopping early.

Carry a gun.

We have one heavy bag. I just hog it all to myself for 45 minutes, and if someone wants to get a round in while I'm recovering sure.
Best cardio tbhfamalambam.
Something to pour in that anger daily.

i watched the 5 seasons of breaking bad on threadmil, on the more intense scenes i increased the speed too, lost 30lbs of fat on the 5 seasons

Way ahead of you friendo, just bought a cheapo taurus 9mm, gonna get my concealed carry soon. Kind of want to get something bigger like a .38 but this'll do for now. I've just been too busy to figure out where i want to holster it and all that good stuff.