About drinking water what you guys think, when is to too much? Or theres no such thing as too much of it?

About drinking water what you guys think, when is to too much? Or theres no such thing as too much of it?
Ive seen that some people drink like 9l per day, i can hit like 4l max and forcing alot.

Also going to the bathroom every 20mins cant be that good.

And theres anything proved that theres benefits, ive reed a few stuff about it but seems like everyone has different thoughts.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencealert.com/there-s-no-evidence-we-need-to-drink-eight-glasses-of-water-a-day-researcher-advises
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why would anyone drink that much water? Don't tell me you fell for the
>If you're thirsty you're dehydrated meme

>motivating yourself to drink fucking water

Who does this shit?

2 to 3 liters is enough for almost everyone

GUZZLE it down!

Imagine needing to write "sexy and I know it" on your water bottle

Autists on Veeky Forums

>Or theres no such thing as too much of it?
You can flood your brain and die from drinking too much water.

Im too lazy to look up the scientific term for it

How many scoops of pre-workout could you mix with that water?

amerisharts

Hyponatremia

2 liters is enough man don't be a tard

>Americans need motivtion to drink water

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It couldn't be more simple
>Thirsty ? Drink
>Not thirsty ? Don't drink

But nah lets fall for the X litres per day meme spread by companies selling you water. What a shock.

>people have to write gay motivational quotes to drink water
>act don't react baby

Shower + brush

but if you're thirsty you're already dehydrated bruuuuuuuuuuh

>having to force yourself to gulp water
>not realizing that food has water in it

who does this shit

you actually can have to much, liver failure and shit just google it lazy water boy

Just drink tapwater,
or do you live in some 3rd world country?

>if you're thirsty you're dehydrated
>if you're hunger you're literally starving and slowly dieing

is this that American thinking which forcing people to constantly gorge themselves and snack?

>but if you're thirsty you're already dehydrated bruuuuuuuuuuh

>Millions of years of evolution is more retarded than a study by a water bottling plant with financial incentives and biases

Is piss darkish? Drink a glass of water.
Is piss lightish? You're fine.

but the science websites told me its true

coke oven worker here, i work in heat sometimes boiling on 40+. i usually drink about 10 liters of water a day, and moving to about 18 when i hit the hot summertime.

its all about how much you are sweating during the day and water loss, taking a piss is the tell tale method of figuring out how hydrated you really are. Watch the stream not the bowl in the rule of thumb.

handy chart i use

As Scooby taught me, "Piss klar."

So long as my piss is basically the same/as clear as water, that's when I know I'm drinking enough.

I drink damn near a gallon when I'm working out so I think its useful

I drink a lot of water and still my piss is dehydration coloured

I drink a gallon everyday at the gym ~2 hours. Then more when i get home, chicks make everything seem like its a challenge

>Just drink tapwater,
>or do you live in some 3rd world country?
Newark nj and it's basically a third world country the water tastes like ass

Dumb chicks

No you're not or your diet is shit

Maybe it's the coffee, diet is fine

There are different levels of thirsty. Aka I could use a glass of water vs I'm going to chug a bottle water in one go.

>>There are different levels of thirsty.

Just look at /r9k/

Water in big cities tastes like shit and is pumped full of estrogen due to woman pissing out their birth control pills.

>handy chart i use
You mean a handy fucking thumbnail of said chart ?

I kinda sweet alot and if i forget to drink water for a while my pee gets kinda darker even tho i dont get thisty

see a doc

Is there actually a valid source on this

Thats it, theres no where that you can find whats what

Depends what you consider valid, and as pe usual opinions do vary, but EE2 is making it's way into drinking water, and the main problem is not it's quantity, but it's potency. But it got to the point where EU started to consider purifying water to get rid of it.

MD fag here.

No, there's absolutely no reason to drink that much water every day, it can actually be harmful. When we sweat, we actually pump out electrolytes with the water we put out, so when we drink massive amounts of pure water, we dilute our own electrolytes, which can lead to hyponatremia (low sodium) which can cause cerebral edema; when we exercise we also release ADH (Anti-diuretic Hormone) which tells our kidneys to retain free water, which further dilutes our electrolyte stores.

One should stay well hydrated, and as a general rule, even dehydrated and in a desert, we put out about 500cc of (very concentrated) urine out unless our kidneys begin to fail, and we lose another ~500cc through sweat, breathing/mucus membranes, etc, so taking in a good 2-3L daily should be fine. Our body has a pretty sensitive and effective system for inducing of suppressing thirst, so it should be fine to just listen to your instincts, for most people.

NOBODY SHOULD BE DRINKING GALLONS OF WATER EVERY DAY. I once had a guy in the ICU who thought he was a health guru and "drink all the time for the health benefits," and came in with a Sodium 110 (normal 135-145) -- we had a nightmare of a time trying to bring him up to normal slowly (otherwise certain cells in his brain could shrink and get damanged, and he could get "Locked in" Syndrome), while listening to his ranting and raving, which we didn't know if it was due to his hyponatremia, or innate stupidity.

There are a lot of people with heart failure (generally elderly) who we limit to as low as 1-1.2L per day, and there are others with water retention issues we tell to do the same.

This.
I'm sipping water every hour.

2/2

But those on fluid restriction are special cases, and we generally monitor them on an outpatient basis so we don't over correct and dehydrate them.

Brown or dark urine is always unusual. Go to your doc and get a Blood chemistry and Urinalysis -- it could be liver, it could be kidneys that are the culprit.

If y'all have any edema (leg swelling: by pressing on your legs or other parts of your body, you can make a thumbprint stay for a time (press for at least 5-10sec)) then you may have issues w/ fluid retention d/t kidney dysfunction and/or low albumin.

all u need 2 know, is that ultimately what the 'experts' say is that they literally dont know;:

>sciencealert.com/there-s-no-evidence-we-need-to-drink-eight-glasses-of-water-a-day-researcher-advises

>it is thoroughly, defined but the impulses ur body tells u 2 do, not from some1 else

Damn. Union County is so close by, but as long as you live on the west side of the county, our water is top notch.

i said but, i meant *by :3
2 err is 2 human, eh?

Right?

I find myself drinking about 1.5 gallons a day by just drinking when i'm thirsty.

someone on a soda liquid diet

Wut

thank u mr doctor

audible kek

typically drink a gallon before 5pm when I'm off work, I don't drink that much after work though, maybe one more glass.

we actually had a soldier die from over drinking water in the tropics...he completely diluted all the minerals/sodium from his body and then went down

a lot of us now carry just packets of table salt and if we cant get our hands on proper electrolytes we just put a packet of salt in a 1L water bottle. Is this just broscience or is it better than nothing?

2 err is human, but 2 skrrrr is transcendence

God damn thats a ton of time wasted writing all that shit

Another MD fag here. Carry some ORS packets in your gear. Make sure it has the appropriate amount of Na, K, and glucose that matches up with the WHO formula. Don't die, faggot.

give him a slack. he's an ant that's the reason he always thirsty. he hauls heavy things (e.g breadcrumbs for living

so, the yellow thing is not ketone?

This.

You are pretty much urinating minerals and water at a certain point and pretty much stupid for not thinking going to the bathroom every hour is fine.

>housewife

yeah, coffee is shit bro stop drinking it.

>Big city with waterlines to mountains hundreds of kilometers away.
>Some of the best water in the world.

feels good man

>not putting motivation on your jugs

you're shit

That jug is something from google

Well i guess so far the best thing i got is i should belive what i pee, that means theres no such thing as too much beer

>sunshine!

I would drink more water that's the easy part. But I can't fucking go piss every 30 mins while at work
How do I enlarge my bladder to hold more pee?

>mfw a little disorientated for 2 months now
>mfw it's 4-5 months in taking almost 4L/day

>truth hurts

ive been meaning to drink more water but havent had the time to make one of these jugs with the motivational phrases on it. i feel like if you use a normal blank jug you just look stupid for carrying around somthing so big, but when you write on it like in OPs pick people dont judge as hard for carrying one. i normally just drink monster or soda and feel fine anyway plus having to use the bathroom so much from drinking extra water would be a pain so maybe its for the best lol

Here is the truth about the water meme

Humans were not meant to eat cooked food. Cooked food is waterless.

Humans were meant to eat water rich fruit and vegetables. Water is the cornerstone of digestion.

That is why the western world drinks so much water because the diet is waterless.

retards. i'm used to drinking a lot of water because i was a bricklayer in australia for a while and you'll die during summer if you don't drink but fuck me who the fuck is drinking 9 fucking liters while not working 16 hour days in an actual furnace?

>Cooked food is waterless.

>needing 14 hours to drink a gallon of water

jesus christ

holy shit do you really believe this?

drinking that much water is the byproduct of a low carb and high fat diet
been there, done that
if you eat a huge breakfast plenty of carbs, you are ok with just a glass of water every 4-5 hours at most

check jaden smith: he is clearly in a high fat diet, and carries a jug of water everywhere he goes

we live in an insulinphobia society

I don't eat low carb and I drink at least that much water every day.

I look at my piss. If it turns yellow, I drink more. I don't think I've ever drank more than 5l though. Even when painting roof in the summer.