/PLG/ Powerlifting General

/PLG/ Powerlifting General.

We lift heavy, eat heavy, and feel heaviest of all.

Post progress, PR's, meet videos, lifts, or anything powerlifting related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xy0eCwMK0VA
youtube.com/watch?v=lHxiMbtWBTU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First against sean

Ok those are fine, i really don't know what's wrong but perhaps you are working with a lower max. Also take it light with the accessories on the second day.

repost from last thread

I'm doing Nuckols 3x int med for bench, but haven't seen any progress so far. (after 4 weeks)
I've been doing the C6W accessories alongside it (DB row, DB OHP, Chin-ups). With some cgbp, dips and curls also sometimes.
I pause all my reps and bench with a wide grip.
Could it be that the volume from the accessories is just too much? Should I run it without the accessories?

First thing I'll try is inflating my max, like an user recommended in the last thread. Intesity tends to be a bit low on Nuckols I think.
But any other advice is welcome.

Form video:
youtube.com/watch?v=xy0eCwMK0VA

Thanks.
Yes first thing I'll try is inflating my max. How much do you recommend? 5kg? 10kg?

Taking it lighter on the second day is also a good idea, that way I'm not fatigued for the amrap. I'll try this next time, thanks.

where can i see results for Boss of NorCal IV meet?

5kg

Try tucking a little bit less.
Work on your arch. For example with thoracic extension on a hyperextension apparatus, or just stand with a barbell in a BB row position and "curl" your upper back. Try to keep your lower back flat while doing it. You can also try pulldowns with bench grip, pulling down and arching hard while keeping the lower back relatively neutral.
Another way is thoracic stretches, like webm related.

Can someone post the eric spoto spodo version of this pic?

Also, it's generally better to be a little conservative with volume in the beginning to see how you respond and add more as you go.

why the FUCK do i feel like im the only FUCKING one who fUCKING misses trappy FUCKING chan in this FUCKING shitty ass fUCKING general

WHO ELSE MISSES TRAPPY CHAN SAY YEAA

Squat 5x5
RDL 2x8
GHR 3x10
Pullups 3x max

and now having RDL I dont need GHR so my question is, what for exchange of GHR?

Both Rafi and his character were very unlikable.

Your attachment leads me to believe that there's a serious lack of masculine positive role models in your life

Comp day in 2 days lads, weight is on point and I feel strong.

>Marcel, t-spine
Read that as Mike T at first.

something worthless like leg curls

>t. rafaello
>t. rafaello

hi raffy boi

thanks

Thanks for the advice, I definetly need to work on my arch

Instead of benching with a wide grip like a pro leet powerlifter why don't you bring your grip in. Not close grip, but something in between close-grip and wide grip. Then do a better job of driving your traps into the bench and keeping your lats contracted

You look very unstable. Drive your toes into the front of your shoes and drive your traps into the bench

The narrow grip will help keep your back tighter

At your level, 100 pushups a day would probably help you more than doing any type of accessory work besides pulling to balance your pushing

>Narrow grip will keep your back tighter
IME the closer my grip is the harder it is to keep my shoulder blades together tbqh

Yoooo

Me me me I I I

Keeping your shoulder blades pinched together =/= tighter back.

Some people work for a living, sean.

If you want to talk, you need to be worth talking to. Say something meaningful. Did you have a good bowel movement today?

If you can't keep them together then your back won't exactly be tight now will it?

Dumb ass nigger

If it works for you, great

If you learn to tighten your back, it might help your other 2 lifts

I know how to tighten my lats senpai

For c6w where it says to do deadlift variations, can i just do normal deadlifts? If not, what are some patrician variations?

You can do whatever in the fuck you want to do. Candito isn't going to run out of the bushes and fuck you with his eyebrows.

Here are some variations:
Snatch Grip
Deficit
Rack Pulls
Block Pulls
Alternate Stance
Jefferson (for homos)
Accommodating Resistance (bands, chains)
Paused Deadlift
Romanian Deadlift
Single Leg Med-Ball (or kettleball) deadlift.

Deficit, block pulls, paused, sumo if you normally pull conventional, add chains or bands, Romanian deadlifts...possibilities are endless

If you don't have an obvious weakness then do this:
Opposite stance deaflift with either a wide grip or a deficit.

Everyone that isnt at the hyper advanved level has an obvious weakness. He just needs to take some time and identify it

if i post my bench video can i get a form check

i wanna bench 120kg this year

yes

I think im most weakest at the start of the movement, which variation is good for that?

Paused deadlift, pausing an inch or so off the floor

And deficits, they are good for everything,

Deficit deadlifts or pause deadlifts

thanks mate
here it is
both these sets were quite easy but my max is 100kg paused

youtube.com/watch?v=lHxiMbtWBTU&feature=youtu.be

>the narrow grip will help keep your back tighter

Lolfedder detected.

any tips for how I can squeeze out some more KGs and reach my goal? Or just technque tips?

No. If you aren't hyper advanced, generally you're just weak and should focus on getting stronger versus meme'ng around with exercises that target your imagined "sticking point."

Looks pretty good.
Maybe try to get your heels on the floor, that's mandatory in the ipf if you're looking to compete anytime soon.
Also, are you using leg drive enough? hard to tell with this camera angle.
Other than that I don't see any obvious mistakes.
Just keep eating big and put on some muscle mass, you'll get there.

plg is dead

How much of my max should i use for paused

>most weakest

Haha, okay raffy

Aren't you in a trip fb group chat? Can't you ask them to come back.

What program are you doing currently?

How can someone even have that long arms?

yeah gonna do a slow lean bulk to 100kg over the next year or so

The bench at my gym either lets me put my feet behind the legs of the bench = heels off the floor but nice leg drive - or I have my feet in front and I don't get good leg drive

pnp3 how so?

lmfao kill yourself faggot my thread will always be there

Feet should be behind AND heel driving into the floor. Leg drive comes from the heel not the toes. Your ankle/hip flexors/thoracic spine probably aren't flexible enough to keep your feet behind, heel planted, and back arched to keep proper form. Work on flexibility

I'm driving through my heels even though they're not touching the floor, I'm just shoving them down as hard as I can.

Many lolfedders who bench big have heels up

HOLY SHIT I MET MY IDOLS TODAY AHHHHHH

Nice. Did you ask him about vids?

shave sides

Vid will be up on Mike's channel in about two weeks, no info on if candy toes will return to making vids
No I'm growing it out

You don't have the face or hair colour for long hair
You look autistic

Trim nigger

Whats a good hair colour for long hair?
t. blondie

Blonde or Blondie brown only

cool

Yes, we're too busy.

I've been running a similar thing, c6w for squat and deads and nuckols 3xim bench for. but instead of the accessories from candito i just do an LP style layout of OHP and Klokov behind the neck press, plus wide grip barbell shrugs

What could have possibly changed? Your job surely can't take up all your free time. I refuse to believe you're not using it up jacking off to Asian women.

I know board shorts took a break from lifting but he said he'll be back.

Bodorio is a traitor.

Benchbro wants to post but has no friends.

I forgot about almost every other trip but I'm sure they'll find time

I just don't have the energy in the couple of hours of non gym, non family time I have each evening to spend it shitposting desu.

Sucks tBh. Wherever see ya

>look for cheap phone tripod to record lifts
>a couple bad review put you off something with like 40 good reviews

how do i escape autism?

In my next post I'll go over form issues from a powerlifting perspective, but this post is more important.

The reason you've not seen any progress is because bench progress is a bitch for even mediocrely strong people. Here is an honest, in-depth critique of your bench training.

1 - You're too weak to be doing intermediate anything, or even powerlifting-specific training.
2 - You don't understand powerlifting-specific bench training
3 - You don't understand how bench progress is made for anyone, powerlifters or not.

Powerlifters make the majority of their progress in bench by refining technique and, once having achieved a certain level of mastery, hammering away at the EXACT bench motion that they'll use in competition. Later on, variations such as board presses are implemented to target weaknesses. This is NOT relevant to your training. You don't even have a plate on the bar in your video. Even if you had "flawless" technique, you'd be so weak that as soon as you added weight onto the bar, your technique would fall apart at the weakest point and have to be rebuilt from scratch.

Assuming you EVENTUALLY want to powerlift, you should be doing beginner level strength programs with the goal of getting STRONG enough to justify doing accessory lifts or working on form. Anything more complicated than 5lbs a week on the bar through Starting Strength or Stronglifts is a WASTE OF TIME. In these four weeks you could have added 20 lbs to the bar, and instead you added 0.

If you can't make progress on SS it's because you're sleeping poorly, wasting time on accessories, not eating enough protein, not eating enough period, not trying hard enough, bad form, or have a genetic disorder (Should be troubleshooted in this order).

>This is NOT relevant to your training. You don't even have a plate on the bar in your video.
Read the video description. It's 85 kg for a double. I have a 1rm of about 100kg...

1) Set-up: If this seems like a lot of bullshit, it is. It's powerlifting, not funbenchingforcomfort-ing.

You're retracting your shoulders a little. Good job. You can do better.

When you put your feet on the end of the bench, row yourself up towards the bar until your traps lose contact with the bench. While in mid-air, tighten your traps as much as possible, and lower yourself onto the highest point of your traps. Your goal is to have the point where the bar meets the chest to be as high as possible.

To this end, walk your feet back along the bench towards your head to the limits of your flexibility. Once you can walk back no farther, put one foot at a time down off the bench onto the ground. Your feet don't need to be flat yet. The goal here is to use your feet to move your glutes as far back towards your head as possible and then drop the glutes as straight down as possible to maximize your arch. Once your feet are down, start moving them out from the bench at 90 degrees to the minimum amount it takes for your heels to touch the ground and for your glutes to hit the bench.

2) Limiting factors -
A - Poor hip flexibility. This is the number one culprit of EVERY problem ANY powerlifter has. If you can't do the splits, you should be more flexible. Your hips flexors attach to the lower back near the middle of the spine. The tighter they are, the harder they pull on your spine as you try to arch. They will transfer their inflexibility up the chain.
B - Not keeping the bar over your elbows. Look at your last reps. The bar's center of gravity moves towards your shoulders, away from your elbow flexors. This is making your bench harder. From this angle, it could be anything. Check the way you're gripping the bar, your lat engagement on the way down, and the consistency of your reps. Make sure you're not losing upper back tightness on the way down as the weight increases.

Imagine being such a literal homosexual that you couldn't fuck a girl she asked you to

do me

100kg for 1rm is very bad. My 1RM is 142.5kg. This is also really bad. Assuming your lifts are proportional, you're under 1000lbs total and your wilks can't be much higher than 300 regardless of your bodyweight.

One final note. The limiting factor for bench STRENGTH is always triceps. Any upper body accessories that aren't triceps or prehab (curls, rotator cuff work) focused are vanity.

Candito's program is famously horrible for bench, even according to him, and part of that is a bunch of worthless accessories. CGBP is good, dips are good, curls are good. Chin-ups are fine, DB row will tax your deadlift, DB OHP is inefficient, and OHP is overall a waste of time since you'll have to stop eventually to make bench progress anyways.

Add in cable tricep extensions for high volume. If you like dumbells, DB incline bench is good for stretching pecs, getting tricep work in, not hurting shoulders if you stay above parallel, and looking swole in the mirror.

Floor press is also a top-tier bench/tricep accessory.

How's training been going, senpai?

Squats and deadlifts haven't really been making much progress lately, but my form is getting a bit better at least.

Bench is feeling great though. Somehow benched 225x3 @7.5-8ish today.

Doing pic related today, bench and squat. Unfortunately I took a 3 hour nap and my quads are refusing to work. Wish my luck

Your form is not ideal, but it is good. Outside of stretching hips and slowly refining your position, there's nothing you can immediately fix. It's more than good enough. It's also impressive that you bench without wrist wraps, although not so impressive that I wouldn't recommend buying some.

All you need is time, consistency, and bulk. You got a lot of potential mate, keep it up.

I think I've fixed my bench it's only 110kgx3 but that's not only a pr but it felt really good as well.

thanks for the help friendo

don't most people bench without wrist wraps? only people I've seen at the gym with wrist wraps are those old school 40yr old bodybuilder types

Training is going great. My friend outlined a basic version of Max Aita's program, and it's working well so far. 6 weeks until skills test, and I'm looking to set mad PR's all over the place except bench lmao. Hoping for a 450lb squat, 315 bench, and 575 deadlift. One more 12 week cycle and I hope to hit 400 wilks or more by the end of the year, which is about a 80 point increase for the year.

Unless I get injured.

>One more 12 week cycle
>roiding for this stats

Excuse you I refuse to pollute my body with horrible internet bathtub chemicals in order to remain pure for my asian gf. Sure she might be 3dpg now, but once the singularity comes and anime is real my devotion will pay off.

Also when I asked her she said no so I guess that's that.

I couldn't care less if I look autistic tBh

powerlifting should die

reintroduce strenghtlifting we are mans for fuck sake i want to press overhead not lmao from chest

Why can I do less pull ups after squatting?
Is there actually some kind of "global energy" that you have as resource, so that even if you don't use a muscle you might end up being weak in exercises requiring it?

Seems weird. I mean sure, if you go to complete failure and kilo yourself, sure.
But that's more a thing that happens in cardio aka truely exhausting work - not some squats where you only do a few reps.

You're too weak to do intermediate. Work on basics - stability, flexibility.

the glutes are one of the prime movers in pullups
seriously, try to deactivate your glutes when doing a pull up, it's impossible

I increased my hip thrust by 40kg, and without doing any sort of pulling(other than DLs) my weighted chin increase 25kg

What are my chances of breaking records in every weightclass if I decided to compete?

You do lose overall energy from doing more lifts before a specific one (glycogen stores get depleted, you're not as fresh as you were at the start, etc.), but it's not like you're not using your back when you're squatting senpai.

its cns fatigue dude

Is it possible to high bar squat 260 kgs natty?

I'm 183cms 78kgs and my current 1Rm is 130 kgs. Been lifting for three years.

>strongest lift pendlay row
>weakest muscle: biceps/lats
wut

maybe if you stopped fucking around, did a real program and bulked to 100kg

Recently started bulgarian lifting. Goal is to bulk to the 105 category. I'm a weightlifter but wanted to ask in this thread since 1.) powerlifters know a lot about squatting and 2.) /owg/ is dead.

Can only do 3 chinups that's why it thinks I'm a weakling

pl total 635lbs

wilks 201
-------oooooooooo-ooooooooooooooooooooo-oofffffffff

XDDDDDDDDDD- op: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPp

You need to do a beginner program and eat.

Fuk u normie

with 130kg 1rm you should go back to SS