Why is obesity not a bigger political issue? Why does the media and government mostly ignore it?

Why is obesity not a bigger political issue? Why does the media and government mostly ignore it?
Literally everybody I see now are overweight, if not horribly obese. Granted, I do live in the south.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160801093003.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Money and more fat = more estrogen means people can be controlled easier

Also it is mostly a money thing,

I'm in one of the most Veeky Forums states in the US and it makes me feel like shit since everyone here is fit as fuck and when you are fat you stand out quite well

>Literally everybody I see now are overweight

that's why

it's a sensitive subject and telling people that maybe their problems are their fault is basically political suicide

The fatties are the majority.

If a politician stood against them, theres no way in hell they could win.

Plus, the food industry is HUGE in the lobbying business

Obesity isn't a problem that the government can do anything about.
What, is the gov gonna knock down your door and swat the coke out of your hands?

but telling people they are at risk for heart disease and other horrible illnesses isn't

Haven't you heard bigot? Fat is beautiful. Get with the times

no, but they could tax it. The government killed smoking, basically

Because when Michelle Obama tried to get kids to eat more healthy you called her a stupid monkey nigger who was overly concerned about the banana shortages.

My dad is a real logical guy, and debating something is normally pretty interesting. He is pretty fat. One time I brought up calories in calories out and it is the only time I have ever heard him go quiet during a back and forth.

The deck is stacked against nearly everyone and if you fail your failure is just out there on display for everyone to see.

This. Fatties are fueling the food, diet, medical and hospital industries in the US. Why the fuck would anyone try to stop this?

yeah, but people don't like smoking the way they like sugar.
smokers like smoking because they are addicted to it
while sugar is objectively tasty

Worldwide governments are terrible at food health. I don't want to pay them to suck at a job.

I'm guessing it's related to government employees getting paid off by the heads of these multibillion dollar corporations.

are you saying people aren't addicted to sugar?

You haven't ever considered the addictive qualities of food have you.

I work in the industry

The sugar/fast food industry is a multi trillion dollar industry and this won't change, it is so successful and funds thousands of different companies that this business can never change. Do you guys know what is involved in a business like a global fast food chain? Do you know how many meetings I've been in where they are rolling out a new product and they have samples and promotions in every corporate office across America.

Like I said I am fat myself, but the reason we are so fat is the huge profits made from selling shit that sells easily

The money. It's always been about money. The pharma industry would collapse if everyone was healthy. Alcohol, fast-food chains, cigarettes, candy makers, coke and Pepsi... they'd all go bankrupt

Say what you want but both are a matter of taste and addiction. I know people who just like the feeling of a cigarette, me included. I don't smoke but on very few special occasion I'll light one up and enjoy the moment, but of course there are also fags who can't go 10 minutes without smoking. Contrarily, there are people who really don't like the taste of sugar and actively avoid fruits, sweets and other sugar products but at the same time there are fatties who can't even eat spaghetti without pouring kgs of sugar in their tomato sauce. That is factually an addiction.

Healthcare spending is the main cause of the US national debt. Obesity is the main cause of the healthcare spending. Government would love people to lose weight, although food industries would hate it.

Government gives decent diet advice to help curb the problem but good companies keep making tastier foods. People don't have the willpower to give up junk food, which makes it hard for government agencies to do anything, especially without seeming anti-capitalist and anti-freedom.

Do you hate freedom

Smoking was a huge industry too at one time.

>multi trillion dollar

There's no such as a trillion dollars stop talking shit.

Still is

just hate watching western civilization collapse. Implying we live in a free society. Dont you know the jews run everything

ya because it's fueled by shit hole third world countries. Smoking is almost taboo in america now, in public at least

Smoking with cigarrettes maybe. Weed is everywhere. Strong shit too, this new weed is too strong for my ass. I don't wanna trip balls on weed.

>Smoking is almost taboo in america now, in public at least

Smoking is common everywhere in America. Everyone acknowledges it's a bad thing but they smoke anyway.

ya I was talking about cigs

the demand for sugar is practically inelastic.
attempts to decrease its consumption by taxing have already failed.

Same. Smoking cigs is common.

English is a short scale language, look it up and learn english before shiposting.

i have no idea.

government plans existing to promote healthy eating are aplenty here in the UK, but the only thing they invariably lack is advice that isn't meme tier eat your greens and do yoga type shit.

they need to do stuff like how they killed tobacco, have pictures on unhealthy food of fat people dying, have ad campaigns showing pictures of average people and describing how fat they are, etc.

>eat vegetables and be physically active is a meme

Wut

NHS C25K helped me a lot. NHS websites has a lot of good health advice on it.

Like this?

this x 1000. They need to treat obesity the exact same way they did smoking (at least in Canada here).

Tax products that have a large amount of sugar/fat per serving, put warning labels on everything that also meets those criteria of too much sugar.

Fat shaming needs to be brought back instead of this fat acceptance b.s. It should not be socially acceptable to be fat. Go to any asian country and see how they do it, they will call complete strangers fat, poke their stomach, etc.

You guys don't know how industries and business works

Many of the things we saw in business from the 1900s to today is just another industry you know

I've explained some of this shit before but when you see the world as a global business and when you do work for a large, very large internationally recognized company you see how shit really works and how fucked we really are

The fast food is just an industry like the car industry up to the 60s, and the cigarate/alchol industry..

Fast food is here to stay unless something else comes along that revolutionizes the world and the future generation

They tried to tax sodas over a certain amount in New york and people all over the country went absolutely bat shit. I'm pretty conservative but fuck there is no reason to be selling fucking gallons size cokes at gas stations

I don't want to pay for that shit nor I want to pay for fat people's healthcare, not my fucking problem

Fast food sales are declining in the US

Vegans really are retarded and grasping.

>vegans want to ban meat

It's a good thing none of them have the energy to actually go out and campaign or the brain power to think.

Estrogen doesn't make people easier to manipulate right out the gate, it just makes them less perceptive towards unfairness, leading to apathy about their environment.

I'm a caregiver and phlebotomist, women tend to cause much less trouble than men simpmy because they find contentness much easier. Don't try to fight back.

the problem is not meat, the problem is sugar, and overeating. That infographic is the sort of thing people will look at and think "'I'm okay, I don't eat that much meat", while being obese. Telling fat people that they are fat and unhealthy is what is needed.

WHAT STATE PLS

Inb4 Colorado

That tax should have passed.

If you pay taxes, you're already paying for social programs. You vote libertarian, right?

I'm in Denver bro

I want to get a bike so fucking bad, and just ride around the state for hours

(((democracy)))

>stop fatties by plastering pictures of fatties eating everywhere
That's literally just advertising, it will only make them hungrier

Moving to denver from atlanta in a month (im moving for work, not a freeloader) can't wait to get out of this fatty hell hole

I figure obesity will be a thing until the food pill is finally in production making real food obsolite

what are some decent gyms down town. Preferably with a basketball court

it's a private issue not a political issue

>the government should be preventing lazy disgusting fucks from eating themselves to death

Meat is one of many problems

Top kek no, I'm a manager at only one store in a chain of stores and our 2nd biggest profit comes from cigarettes, beating out cooked food, coffee drinks, soda and shelf food/snacks. As in I can actually see the numbers. The only thing we sell more of is gas, and that's one store in one chain, there's no reason to think that trend doesn't extend to the other stores in this chain and to other chains in this half of the country

not pictures of fat people eating, pictures of fat people dying. Cigarette packages aren't forced to show people smoking.
you're one of the problems. You cry about meat, and make fat people who don't eat very much meat feel good. Also there is no good replacement for meat anyway.

it becomes a political issue when they become a drain on society, public services/healthcare

What industry?

>Downtown
Are you the roastie?

Also iron warrior gym is one of the best, and than you have a ton of specialized power lifting or crossfit gyms in the area. Also not a bad idea to just go to a 24 or anytime fitness. Any gym is good gotta go and figure our the feel

If I was Veeky Forums I would probably go to a bunch of different gyms in the area and just do my own research on whats cool

If you want a legit place though, iron warrior gym is the best in denver

>go outside
>tell everyone that they are living incorrectly but it's easily fixable
>all they do is get angry at you
>you've just made enemies for life

There's no talking to fatties.

the entire healthcare system is already built around preventing lazy disgusting fucks from eating themselves to death, but it doesn't tackle the real problem, that they're eating. It just keeps them alive.

They'd just see it and tell themselves life is short, eat more cake

real estate/ finance

i dont think im a roastie, whatever that means

some will, but it might help a lot of others

Pretty much these posts, the food industry, weapon industry and health/pharmacist industry are things that nobody can go against in today's world.

These people make billions on billions monthly

The bigger problem is bread and oil.
5 chicken tenders by themselves would be close to 250 calories but once you bread and deep fry it, it will be over 500 calories.
Hamburgers are the same way and get worse the more meat you remove and the more bullshit you replace the patties with.
I lost a shit ton of weight once I started portion controlling my bread.

>You cry about meat, and make fat people who don't eat very much meat feel good

Statistically, most fat people eat a lot of meat. Meat and obesity are closely linked. You can tell people diets high in both sugar and meat are bad.

> Also there is no good replacement for meat anyway.

Beans and whole grains, the foods you're supposed to center your diet around

Because why give a shit? Dealing with obesity on national level requires the govt to become more interfering in my life and we all know how complete trash the US government is at everything. If fatties gonna fat let em do it and die/live their shitty life. Not my fucking problem.

Plus fatties give me some solid keks and it's also an excellent way to judge someone's moral character.

Are you a realtor? How is the housing market in Denver? I'm the market for property but I've noticed when you're looking at a place another person just drops an additional 10k and house is SOLD

i'm a mortgage broker. Inventory is very very tight in Denver. House sell in like a week. There is a lot of construction going on, as you're probably aware, so a good business opportunity.

Soooooooo

Thing about getting property do you believe in dropping 20% or just pay the added fees/interest and get a place?

>100 years ago
>EVERYBODY ate meat
>virtually no one is vegan/vegetarian
>no one is fat

When will vegans fuck off. Their stupid fucking studies showing vegans are healthier is obviously because vegans are more health conscious than their meat eater counter parts who often eat w.e the fuck they want.

Quit blaming meat, sugar/overeating are the casues.

in you can, drop 20. There isn't too much of an interest rate hit, but less than 20 you have to pay mortgage insurance which is basically just bending over and letting the bank fuck you in the ass, hard. With a mortgage you are actually making an invest though, unlike rent where you are just pissing money away.Plus you get to actually "own " the place and don't have to deal with living in an apartment. Mortgage payments are actually a lot lower per the amount of space you get. Like you could get a 2000+ square foot home (depending on where you are I guess) for the same price as living in a 500 square foot apartment. I mean it just depends on your financial situation and where you want to live

>back in MY DAY everything was GREAT

You're delusional, gramps.

>soda bars used to be on every street corner and nobody was overweight
>blames sugar

yup, back when people weren't vegan pussies

People were active all day long and drank like one soda, they didn't chug back the shit like they do today.. They still ate homemade meals 99% of the time and ate infinitely times better than people do today.

Financial situation is really, really good

Its Denver after all and the business company is booming like any industry in Colorado. Also that's why I ask since I've been looking at properties

I've also looked at foreclosures but don't know too much about it since you pay less but there could be damages and some houses are just older than what you are looking for.

>meat isn't at all to blame
>sugar is
>but sugar wasn't to blame before because people were more active
>but sugar is to blame now but meat isn't because uh
>uh uh uh
>fuck vegans!

So you're telling me that in the past there was a special establishment licensed to dispense soda and it was cool, but now people can buy it in unlimited quantities and they're getting fat? That... Seems reasonable

Foreclosure are sometimes good deal, although sometimes the house is kinda shit cause the previous owner didn't take care of it. Good luck with your house hunt. Wish I could get your business and help you more, but there is no way to safely transfer personal info over this Chinese coloring website

>the population is obese to the point where it makes wall-e look like a health club
>jews profit off of the epidemic of fat landwhales
>at least we are free :)
I fucking hate americans.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160801093003.htm

>"In the analysis of obesity prevalence across 170 countries, we have found that sugar availability in a nation explains 50% of obesity variation while meat availability another 50%.
>After correcting for differences in nations' wealth (Gross Domestic Product), calorie consumption, levels of urbanization and of physical inactivity, which are all major contributors to obesity, sugar availability remained an important factor, contributing independently 13%, while meat contributed another 13% to obesity.
>it is important that we show the contribution meat protein is making to obesity so that we can better understand what is happening. In the modern world in which we live, in order to curb obesity it may make sense for dietary guidelines to advise eating less meat, as well as eating less sugar,"

You care about the obesity issue, right? If you do, and the science points to meat consumptions as a contributing factor, you have to accept that and use the information to help resolve the obesity epidemic.

Follow the money. The shit we shouldn't be eating is the stuff that companies make the most money on, so they'll do everything they can to get you eating it anyway. They'll buy politicians, put up posters, hide it in places, cover it up with other things, and in general engage in the sort of soulless "fuck you, I'm getting mine" stunts we normally associate with marketeers and used car salesmen.

If you're willing to put a shit-ton of effort into it you can avoid this, but it's going to be a fight because you're worth more to them the shittier a diet you're eating.

Fuck the south, like seriously is there anything good about it at all?

>kek

That isn't an issue, I'm just happy to squeeze out some tips from you thats all

My buddy is a big fan of the Colorado first time home buyers "package" even though he has to pay much more overall to get a house, either way its good

You have to admit, it's a great example of why so many people are fat.

How?

They're worth more that way.Insurance companies and student loan buyers need $$$ and actually fixing somebody doesn't provide it.

Because despite online memery someone else's fatness should not affect you to the point where you request the fucking feds to step in.

And no save me your public transit stories because it's not enough. The point is you care way too much about other people. Are you also out to solve the drug issue because the American government has completely dropped the ball in that regard too.

>Insurance companies

What do insurance companies gain from having clients that require constant medical treatments?

It shouldn't but it does. Our taxes pay for those fat fucks' hospital bills instead of going towards useful things.

Reeeeeee
Muh freedom.
I'm not even kidding
Go ahead tax sugar and keep taxes on cigarettes just accept you don't live and I. The free country most Americans think they live in

They didnt have gallon-sized, portable, insulated containers designed to sustain the landwhale machine back then

They actually benefit twice: the malpractice side gets to hose the doctors and hospitals because fat fucks shove off in actionable ways, and the dramatic over-consumption of healthcare increases their total profit immensely. It's no secret that Americans spend more on health care, use more health care services, and yet have some of the worst health care outcomes in the developed world and if you don't think the almost uniquely-American "Private Health Care Industry" is a large part of why you're not looking close enough at how much these companies are making.

Then blame the medical institutions for not informing patients of preventative measures. Your tax dollars are going towards snobby cunts in lab coats putting band-aids on gun wounds.

I'm okay with being wrong on this but I really do not think this is the vast majority of fat people (your image). I think it's a select fat fuck like in your pic that ruins it for everyone else.

Nigga those kids did not even have NES let alone PS4 and internet.

>Then blame the medical institutions for not informing patients of preventative measures.

There's been diet and exercise campaigns for years. There's only so much you can do with fat people.

>have to walk to the soda shop to get an average size soda
>now I can get as much soda as I want literally delivered to my doorstep

Gee I wonder