Am I in starvation mode?

Am I in starvation mode?

>be losing weight for 9 months
>down 81 pounds
>here recently my TDEE is 2250 assuming I dont work out
>I work out 5 days a week (heavy cardio and HIIT lifting) and do not count it into my TDEE
>for the past month I have been eating 750 calories below my TDEE
>if you include my workout I would say probably 1000 calories below my TDEE
>not losing any weight
>maxes have been the same for the past 7 months

Am I in starvation mode?

Starvation mode as you know it is a myth.
You're lifts aren't going up because you're cutting and not providing your body the calories it needs to build muscle.
As for your weightloss, you're on a plateau most likely, it happens sometimes.
Swap over to using a tape measure for a while, a plateau should only last a month max, most often a lot shorter though.
You'll find that you all of a sudden drop a ton of weight over a couple of days.
Good work user keep it up

dyel

>06/08/17(Thu)20:07:29 No.41733976 [Reply]

do a 3-day carb cleanse to jumpstart your weightloss, eat only red meat and green veggies for 3 days.1 small fruit a day

Yes you are in starvation mode. Prepare to gain back all the weight you lost and then some AND you'll never be able to lose weight again because you fucked up your hormones.

Should have listened to your mother, user.

Tone down the cardio since anything past 20 minutes per day (especially HIIT or anything similar) will start to mess with your body's hormones.

From your post it sounds like you're trying to stress your body too much by asking it to both bulk and cut at the same time which is not possible - if you cut (-1) and bulk (+1) at the same time you end up with zero.

Also a 750 calorie deficit is huge man - you really shouldn't go more than 500 a day unless you need to lose fat right this moment. I'm at a 400 calorie a day deficit and can feel that I've lost a slight bit of strength.

Just stop working out. You're stressing your body too much.

You're going to balloon up to 300+ lbs because your working out is damaging your hormone systems.

explain the hormone thing to me

It's a broscience meme.

>>here recently my TDEE is 2250 assuming I dont work out
>for the past month I have been eating 750 calories below my TDEE

Either your TDEE is incorrect or your calorie counting is incorrect.

Why do people post shit like that? It just proves you are either

>fat
>skelly

a 2250 TDEE is perfectly normal, and with a shred of self control eating 750 below isnt that hard.

That's way too low. Never go below 500 or you enter starvation mode like OP.

What weight are you now? Starvation mode doesn't exist.

You are eating enough to maintain, that's why you are not losing weight. It's that simple.

Your form and heart have gotten better/stronger. You aren't wasting as much energy flailing around with your neuromuscular connections getting better.

Congratulations on becoming more efficient. Now work harder and/or longer.

>215 6 weeks ago
>go on vacation for 10 days
>come back at 219
>just now hit 214

Granted I haven't weighed this little since I was 16 however my arms are much smaller than they were at 16 and my maxes are all lower even though I'm working out much harder now.

>06/08/17(Thu)20:14:16 No.41734031
thank you.

And you lost 81? Good work. How's your body look to you? Height?

I'm no expert but I'd say focus more of on lifting now. Heavy lifting not HIIT.

Not sure this means anything but I only shit like once every 3 days now. I am eating very clean so I'm not constipated, I use to shit at least once a day.

I am flabby as fuck and it's so frustrating

Here is me at 220ish

Why would your shit have anything to do with weight loss?

This shit is so fucking simple, honestly... How long have you ACTUALLY been stalled?

1. OFC you're not increasing your maxes. You're not going to w/ that kind of deficit.

2. What are your workouts actually like? WTF is HIIT lifting? What kind of crossfit voodoo are you even fucking with? What do you consider 'heavy cardio?'

3. What the fuck are your macros on this weird diet of yours?

4. Are you being honest w/ any of this info? Are you ACTUALLY working hard 5 days a week? Are you actually following a plan or are you just autistic?

Again, this shit is not hard, if you're plateauing that hard for that long w/ that kind of deficit the numbers don't add up.

>using this condescending tone and not knowing what HIIT is

B8

I remember that feel when I lost 60 pounds a few years ago. Shit was weird to get used to.

why does that happen?

If you aren't losing any weight then you need to lower your calories.

It's literally as simple as that.

i dunno because personally, i had a higher fiber intake.

It only changed for me when I began to do a calorie intake surplus of around 300 calories.

You have ZERO muscle definition, you seriously look like an obese woman.

Stop lifting like a pussy and eat more protein.

He's eating at a 1000 deficit. I think he just needs to fucking eat more.

Workouts are normally as followed

>run 2 miles
>rest 5 minutes
>do 100 burpees in 10 minutes
>rest 2 minutes
>do TABATA on the rowing machine for 10 minutes
>rest 3 minutes
>Run a mile
>rest 10 minutes

Thats the cardio I normally do Macros are
>Protein 45%
>Carb 25%
>Fat 30%

I literally cannot talk when I am at the gym, I cycle through everything fairly fast and I keep my heart rate up the whole time. Ive been stalled about a month.

you should be lifting weights............did you even read the sticky

I do lift 3 days a week. Normally its only 1 lift per day though

5x5 of either
>Power Cleans
>Back/front squats
>OHP
>Bench

What are you eating?

The best thing for you might just be to see a nutritionist.

I eat crazy clean food. My diet consists of

>96% lean beef
>99% fat free ground turkey
>Chicken Breast
>Tuna Steaks
>sautéed vegetables
>Sweet potatoes
>red potatoes
>Grilled vegetables

I normally do not eat over 8oz of potatoes of any type a day. Now sometimes I will throw down on the meat quantities I am eating up to a pound of chicken breast per meal. But when its grilled or baked with only spices, or either a very low fat marinade, it still isnt a lot of calories.

I should also mention I only eat twice a day.

>lunch 2pm
>dinner 7-8pm

Normally eat 5-700 calories at lunch and 800-1000 at dinner.

So here's my recommendation, as a guy who lost 100 lbs (used to be ~305, walk around between 205-210 now).

1. If you love the cardio you're doing keep doing it, but I recommend allocating more time to weight lifting. Shoot for more bodybuilding exercises rather than power lifts, even oly weightlifters do bodybuilding exercises. Also keep in mind that increasing your muscle mass increases your TDEE. If you want I can outline what I did/do.

2. At the end of the day it's as simple as caloric intake < caloric maintenance to lose weight. If you've plateau'd for this long you're either not working hard enough or not honest with your daily intake. An example of what I was eating daily to lose weight at your stage:

Breakfast - 1 cup oatmeal (uncooked) sweetened with stevia and a spoon of peanutbutter

Lunch - half a cup of rice, 1-2 decent sized chicken breasts (i never weighed my food, eye balled it) with some sort of vegetable

Dinner - skipped half the time, other half same type of thing as lunch.

I did allow myself a cheat day a week where I'd go ham and eat an entire pizza + a pint of icecream though this obviously slowed my fat loss. Important to note that I barely ever drank during this time period.

3. Sleep is insanely important. I can't stress it enough.

Hope this helps

>1000 calories at dinner

Fat fuck eat less

This works for me

Starvation mode is a meme

Your body produces cortisol, which is a hormone that retains water in fat cells; causing progress to seemingly "stall." Cortisol production isn't always bad, but saturating your blood in it (with both a serious caloric defecate AND heavy exercise) will force your body to store water and hide progress. The Body Composition webpage in the sticky suggests on e or the other

Read the sticky's related articles...

do push pull legs routine, you need more volume.

He needs more food. Lifting on the perfect regime but at a 1000 calorie deficit would show shit results.

>Literally doesn't even lift

Well there's your problem. Stop with so much goddamn cardio and get lifting.

you can easily cut at 60% of your TDEE safely, though the lighter you get the harder it is.

>not knowing what HIIT is

Pretty sure it's HIIT "lifting" he's talking about. HIIT is supposed to be used for cardio

exactly. i dunno wtf this HIIT lifting is supposed to be...

are you a muzzie or a neckbeard

Neckbeard, but my wife likes the neckbeard and man-bun so I keep it.

theres no such thing as 'starvation mode' its just a meme, what it is is just ur body has no carbs so it uses fat+protein instead.

Do you use oil to maintain it? Also, if you can afford it, lift weights man

I have a membership to a gym and I do light lifting. Just nothing focused on lifting. I honestly think my biggest problem after reading this thread and talking to a nutritionist at the gym is that I am not eating enough.

that sounds like keto

Proof keto is a meme

REEEEEE how the fuck do i get rid of this fucking belly fat ? I feel the abs beneath, i feel the rocks in them yet this blub still covers it. It´s vexing.

by eating less you fat fuck

>If you want I can outline what I did/do
not him, but i would be interested

Pls respond