Thoughts on yoga? I think it compliments weight lifting

Thoughts on yoga? I think it compliments weight lifting.

Huge mindset and mobility gains confirmed. Practice 6 times a week in the morning

On your own or at a studio ?

yoga is god-tier, if you don't do it you're just missing out on mobility gainz. I personally believe that getting more flexible is 50% loosening the muscle, and 50% mind-body connection, and I'm not a hippie energy-crystal kind of guy.

A year ago I could barely reach my ankles, and now I can bring my wrists to the floor with straight legs pretty easily. It's not like my hamstrings are any looser, I just learned how to properly engage (i.e. "breathe into") my lower back to activate the stretch.

plus the classes have lots of qt3.14s

>I'm not a hippie energy-crystal kind of guy.

You learn everything at classes or just find vids online?

Studio but that is only b.c its Bikram (Hot) and I cant get a room in my house to 105 easily, also qts.

Studios can be pretty expensive, if you cant afford it I would still recommend practicing at home still worth, just not as challenging.

This is the biggest issue I have with practicing at a studio, I have to listen to the Namaste, reincarnation, energy field bullshit from all the white milfs. last thing I need is a soccer mom speaking to me in sanskrit.

Absolutely, yoga is good shit. I do find it to be a great counter balance to weight training. Great mobility gains and great for the mind.

Take from it what you want and leave what you don't want.

I'm from India so I hear a lot of people saying it's helpful.

I've just started lifting after nursing a disc prolapse. Does anyone know if it'll help my back?

Yoga fixed my squats

I go to hot yoga once a week of 1hr on Sunday but was thinking of going Fri nights as well. I try and stretch for 1hr to 1.5hr a few times a week too. If I don't my lower back, hips and glutes get so fucking tight and sore I can't sleep. Also for some reason, it feels like flexibility and mobility exercise is overall neglected by the general fitness community.

It's god tier. Once a week 90 minute Bikram. I've dropped 10 pounds water weight in classes. This shit gets me shredded. QT's by the boat load. The only place where the odds will be overwhelmingly in your favor. Got into it through P90X. You can check that out if you want to learn about it. It is by far the most intense and difficult thing I've ever done.

I don't actually practice at a studio often, but when I do I avoid the super new-agey ones.

Classes are worth it for the cues alone though imo, phrases like "breathe into X muscle", "spread your fingers and push into the ground", etc. help a lot with the mind-body aspect

Source

Any of you guys use the man flow yoga app for your shit?

>You can check that out if you want to learn about it. It is by far the most intense and difficult thing I've ever done.
Yoga or p90x?

[Park Hyeongjun] Sweet Guy, and while I'm at it I may as well recommenced some others. Don't know why this Koren shit get's a bad rap:

[[Yi Hyeon Seok] Refrain Love
[Keum Sah Gong] Si-Eun
[Husky guy] SStudy
[Ramjak] Atonement Camp
[Yihyeonmin] Drug Candy
[ButcherBoy] Household Affairs
[Guh Bal Han] Ghost Love
[Gyuo] Kill the Dead Bastard
[The Jinshan] Sadistic Beauty
[Juder] Lilith`s Cord
[PINKO] Scandal of the Witch
[Gamang] Sports Girl

Also, has anyone had luck wheeling chicks at yoga? Every time I go it seems like an in and out sort of thing for most people. Is it just as simple as sitting on the couch and striking up a conversation while not trying to come off a an autist?

Squats fixed my yoga fag body.

I did 2x50 minute classes every week for the past 5 or 6 months. I had to move, so in the process of finding another place to practice, but it's well worth it and, at least in my experience, leads to tremendous gains in strength, stability and breath control when lifting.

Protip: Don't join a class run by a charkra-obsessed, pseudo-spiritual douchebag. You don't get as good of a workout when the instructor tries to blow cosmic dust up your ass. They likely have different priorities in being there than you.
Nah, go to one taught by a christian white girl, college-athlete-turned-yoga-instructor. 10/10 times Becky will give you the asskicking yoga workout you're looking, which SpiritMoon isn't trying to sell to anyone.

I'd assume he's talking about the hot yoga. 60 is tough but manageable. I'd really like to try 90, I bet everyone comes out in a daze.