How does weight cutting for MMA work?

How does weight cutting for MMA work?

Lets say there are two people who weight 180 lbs.

One guy has 20% bodyfat and the other has 15%. Which of the two would be able to cut the most weight without dying?

I've been told walking around with more fat is better because its excess weight but now I hear its better to walk around with less fat because muscle stores more water than fat and weight cutting is all about dehydration.

It's absolutely better to have more muscle less fat, exactly because of what you said. Weight cutting is pure dehydration.

This
/thread

Generally true, but there seems to be a sweet spot. If you have too much muscle, you lose flexibility and cardio

>If you have too much muscle, you lose flexibility and cardio

no truth to this

It's that the time spent weightlifting is time not spent doing cardio. Theres no sweet spot in terms of body composition, just the correct balance in training.

lol

ITT: fucking retards

omfg you should all k.ys t.bh f.am s.mh

IIRC most fighters are around 15% bf at walking weight.

Sure it is. Look at Tyron Woodley and Conor McGregor

Same stats but Tyron walks at 205 lbs and McGregor at 170 lbs.

McGregor can still do a bunch of spinny flippy shit

> McGregor, a very technical striker, has perfected several different techniques

> Tryon, a wrestler who throws sloppy haymakers does not do spinny shit, therefore too muscle makes you lose flexibility and cardio

Vitor walks around 220ish and let's not forget Cain vs Travis at 200

Roids

Mcgregor still has no gas tank kek

i wanna know why Conor literally looks like a holocaust victim when he's 5'9" and 145, but Dominick Cruz looks like a normal dude when he's 5'8" 135.

> Cruz is a limp dick look at the difference between their shoulder width and fist size

Cruz walks at 155. Also shorter arms

Neither does Woodley

complete truth to this lmao

look at AJ when he was a fucking WELTERWEIGHT. dude looked 3 divisions higher than everyone he fought but gassed the fuck out against all of them

only retards don't realize it takes a massive toll on your cardio when you're cutting fucking 30-40lbs

I would think Keto would be good for cutting. When I was doing it I'm pretty sure I was an extra 7 lbs below what I would be if I were cutting on similar calories but with carbs.

But then jumping off the keto train into carbs might have weird effects. then again these guys dehydrate so much I think transitioning from keto to not would be easier.

in addition to other replies, apparantly he was cutting and had no fuckin clue how to cut. he was literally doing cardio and wrapping himself in saran wrap because his coach read about it somewhere.

he wasn't cutting properly at all.

Kys

Conor has a bigger frame (outside of being taller) and also cuts a shitload more than Dominick does

You're lying to yourself.