Alcohol and GAINS

Hey Veeky Forums, how do you manage your social life when getting more serious about lifting? For example, I had a killer lift today. One of my friends is back in town, and my friend group is planning on going out. I know that if I get drunk, not only will it kill the gains I made today, but it'll also mean I probably won't lift tomorrow (as well as most likely messing up my diet). How do you guys deal with this? Should I go out and just not drink? I don't want to just sit in my room again tonight.

Having a few brews once in a while is not going to kill you.
>Hey man you're not drinking?
>n-no bro I don't wanna lose my g-gains

As i'm in college, the weekend plans of social group is basically

>Bars thursday night
>Bars friday night
>Bars saturday night

This situation comes up more than once in awhile

Personally I don't drink at all.
It's really great when you want to pick-up chicks at parties because you've got your whole head and are very alert to cues and signals from women.
Your breath smells nice, you can have good erections, plus you can manipulate drunk girls into sex more easily

this is the true red pill, avoiding alcohol is not only leagues healthier for mental/physical but if you are in a social situation where everyone is drunk being sober makes you all the more powerful

alcohol won't kill all your gains if you're well hydrated and rest well. your body doesn't work like an autistic accountant.

that being said, some moderation isn't bad. you can go out and still turn down shots when people buy them

I feel like not drinking ever again. If people ask, I'll say that a random stranger dared me not to.

>tfw brewer and bartender
>tfw it is literally my job to kill gains

This is how most colleges are. I didn't drink at all my freshman year, and sometimes I regret it. Hell, I didn't even go out with my friends. Sophomore year I decided to try it. Then on, I drank just enough to get a buzz (except two occasions) twice, maybe a bit more for Greek shit, a month. I turned out fine. Just cut loose a little bit and have a few drinks to get a buzz. You won't lose your gains either; the process is just delayed. Don't get shitfaced. I plan on doing the same for junior year as I did sophomore year.

Drink but don't get drunk dummy.

>tfw never get hungover even when blackout drunk
>wake up ready to bench lmao3pl8 any day of the week

My dad is like this too. Thanks genetics.

>Hey Veeky Forums, how do you manage your social life when getting more serious about lifting?
Very carefully.
My friends are out drinking every Friday and Saturday night, but I'll join them only some of the times, often than not when there's a special occasion. They understand, and it makes them all the happier to have me there when I do go out.
It probably also helps that when I go out, I can afford better drink (and to share of it) than the cheapest beer, captain Morgan, Absolut or Jack for the vorspiel.
I also think I read somewhere or other that wine isn't too bad for you, and swear by sparkling wine (prosecco is brilliant like that), and my go-to drink when I'm out is red wine and Sprite Zero.
Learn how to nurse a drink so you're not just sitting there and getting fucked up for no reason.
I don't know if you are used to house parties, clubbing or just going to the pub with your mates, but I like taking my bike when I'm going out. The ride home clears my head, and I'll stop off at a petrol station to buy a bottle of water or sports drink (it's got the electrolytes your body needs) on the way. This helps you not feel like death the morning after.

Holy shit please be ironic

Unless youre going to a contest and youre prepping or something like that, its pointless to miss parties just because youre worried about your gains imo

Alcohol is the biggest gains goblin for me, always too many beers and I'll usually repeat the next day. Feel too shitty for workout and I eat lots of greasy fast food when I'm drunk or the day after

So I don't really manage it well desu but if have the discipline to only drink some vodka and still eat well you're good, the reduction of muscle grow from alcohol alone isn't that bad

doesn't change after college either
from what i've seen people end up doing drugs and drinking regularly with the usual bar scene or hitched and focus on senpai stuff or get busy with career or some other purpose
seldom are people balanced
the first group usually dont maintain their gains since they dont work out and age horribly

Why can't there be sensible people like you irl? All my friends get black out drunk and high most nights. I need better friends...

I don't know how it is at other schools, but I go to the University of Texas at Austin, and its very common to go out Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and if you have the money, go out Sunday on rainey. So as much as I appreciate my gains, I have adjusted my calorie intake to still be able to acclimate to they culture. Shits lit desu, girls always going out to get fucked.

>prime time of your life
>feel it's best to immerse yourself in the culture of low people and low times

eugh.

UT hell yeah

>its 100% impossible to go to a bar and not order something alcoholic

wooooooooooow

>go to the gym locker room
>some idiot forgot to lock his locker
>nigger inside of me kicks in
>mfw I just drank his protein shake and stole his gains.

why would you go to a bar if you're not drinking?
once in a while is okay but regularly is retarded

>on a cut
>drinking 3L of beer when going out
>2Kcal of pure empty calories
>tfw

I-I just like to get shitfaced

>treat the extra calories as a cheat meal
>tomorrow's now a rest day
>gains won't disappear overnight
>don't turn into a lonely autism hermit like me

you'll be fine except no cheat days for you

>girl approaches
>h-hey there
>hi user
>raging boner activated
>try to rape girl
>other girls calls cops
Well hey, atleast my breath is fine

No it makes you feel like an akward cuck

Occasional beer and cocaine use? Let's say 8 beers and a gram of blow. Every 2-3 weeks. I will get my macros in and do it in the day time so I can fall asleep at night. Much effect on the gains? Use to do it every weekend and be up all night and miss days of sleep a month.