Daily Reminder That Shoulders Are The Most aesthetic muscle

Daily Reminder That Shoulders Are The Most aesthetic muscle

How is your OHP goin /fit ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ae0Ya0s5pR4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i dont ohp due to shoulder pain. lateral raises 40 lb

Finally noticed the error of not working teh shoulders like I should, hitting em nicely now.

Shit, to answer your question... but loving the feel of working them.

Careful when you pick up your heavy dumbelss for lateral raises user. I almost snapped my back from that

slow progress about 2.5 a week making clean reps at 90 lbs today. 1 plate goal as part of 1/2/3/4 by next summer. I'm gonna make it as long as I stay injury free.

Progressing at 30kg 5x5 at the moment

>tfw now i can put 5kg plates instead of 2.5kg plates
>thats some big weight right there,r-right?

pretty good. a skellington asked me for tips on OHP today.

Keep goin bro

trying to keep my 75kgs x3 while cutting, so far so good, some days are shitty and Im just able to nail 2 reps but I keep going and get back to 3

>6'2" currently 95 kgs

>Get to 30kg ohp
>Left shoulder just decides to fuck my shit up senpai
>Back to 15kgs, trying to work my way back up without tearing my limb off

Use to be /fat and lost a load of weight using cardio. My legs are nice but fml whe i have no upper body i have been lifting for 6 months plus now. My shoulders are basically just bone.
I done fucked up

Pretty awful. 26 kg at the moment, very slow progress in OHP. i guess it's important to say that I'm a fucking skelly too, trying to bulk to 75 kg at least, I was 58 when I started and currently 65

55kg for four reps at 62kg bw, so pretty good for 1month of training after sitting a year home, smoking weed all day long

It isn't, but that's the first step to a big weight.

1 rep 85kg. Not enough but it is something

190/93

Do you use proteïne powder?

>literally ohp 45 pounds 3x8

this thread is making me feel really really bad about myself

You're:

>not eating properly
>not getting enough sleep
>not being consistent with the lifting
>doing the wrong exercises

Tick all that apply

nice ! my current goal. A bodyweight OHP

Noticed my bench was stalling so I said fuck it and added Ohp. Should be called OP press

Benefits:
>warms up shoulders for bench
>forces you to activate your chest and tris on bench
>looks cool af once you hite 1pl8

desu you're losing out if you dont do ohp. Got me out of my stall

Same, aiming for 1x bw. need to cut few kilo and improve ohp. Maybe it takes whole 2k17 or a year, but i have time

75kg for reps still, just like yesterday when you made this thread

however I would argue that traps and neck muscles are even more aesthetic

how much do you bench?

also it is literally the manliest feeling exercise
is a squat manly? a deadlift? you're sticking your butt out in various weird ways like you wanna get FUCKED

but an overhead press, it fucking emulates when in 32 A.D., Zeus threw Ares into Mt. Valsalvaus causing the eruption to destroy the city of Pele

I can already tell you're push-pressing :^)

yeah here

my form is perfect so i wonder what some of these 2pl8 ohps look like

Did 3x65kg at 78kg BW yesterday, so I'm starting to gain strength in the OHP again.
Best lift were 80kg at 80kg BW a few years back.

Is military press exactly the same as OHP? Just a different name?

Exactly bro, I've gotten to the point where I've given up drinking coffee as pre-workout cause its my heavy ass lifts that get me pumped up automatically. some sorta primal instinct to show off, I love it. Doing it for socrates

what do you people mean when you say for 3 reps or 4 reps? you only do 1 set?

Underrated post.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ae0Ya0s5pR4

:^)

You seem pretty confident about your sexuality user

I love doing ohp, but it will never feel as manly as deadlift. Lifting a bar fucking loaded with plates. Picking up twice your bodyweight, putting it down, and picking it back up.

here, I'm following the Westside Barbell method so I work up to a heavy single/triple in my main exercise.

You can't ignore that there is a manliness that persists throughout culture that is the ability to lift heavy weight up from your chest while standing up.

100 pounds for 8 reps 5 sets bb

>Comments are disabled for this video.

man I guess this will become my mantra if I ever become a trainer...If you aren't doing the exercise with at least "good" form, you have done 0 reps.

42.5 5x5
that extra 2.5 is fucking heavy
>mfw SL says any male can easily make it to 50kg

I spent 3 years between bed and the computer and started from 50 when I went back to the gym

Bro I swear, creatine was designed for OHP. Since I've been supplementing, I've gone up 5 lbs a week. If you're just starting, creatine might just be what you need to break into Veeky Forums level lifts.

1.5 plates

Finally made it to 135 for 3x5 boys

50kg 5x5 with proper form
fuck off estater

yeah that's what I meant. now I do 5x5 @ 75kg

idk haven't tried max, but I do sets of 5 with 80kg, so pretty weak..
Nah.. don't be jelly

>he doesn't do Klokov press for extra lateral deltoid development and joocy traps

30kg per side is decent for OHP.
Olympia bar I assume?

Good job bro . How long for that ?

I do 2 sets of 10, 170 lbs. Even with my lanky ass arms.

He means 5 kg per side, its about what the average Guy in my Gym does too

how do you niggas ohp 120kg+ without getting injured. I keep getting just barely to that weight then my shoulders start to get cancer and I can't do anything for months.

So you say you're "lanky" yet have a 1RM over 2 Plates? Thats advanced to Elite tier

170lbs is not 2 plates what the fuck

I meant to type 100kg, not 120

Nobody on Veeky Forums strict presses 120+ kg for Reps, unless klokov browses

yes. military press, strict press and ohp are all the same.

I just want some advice, the guys at my gym are freaks and the advice they give is "do more presses, do press variations", and that just rips my shoulders up.

170 for 10 is quite close

don't believe the online meme calculators

Thats Not calculators but Experience , shoulders burn Out fast as fuck. Other Guy either estats or is indeed advanced to Elite, which makes it unlikely to be lanky

I'm not defending his estatting but according to the traditional 1RM calculation logic 170 for 10 has a higher 1RM than someone who reps 210 for 3.
I just can't believe it.

I don't do OHP due to my shoulders clicking and making some weird ass grunt sounds when I do it. Not really painful, just really uncomfortable and the sound is just spooky

Did 65 kg yesterday for 2 reps. How long till 85 kg ?

shoulders doing that noise is totally normal and not dangerous. try warming them up with some stretches and the "windmill" motion. remember to stretch afterwards too. mine do the same every time I do lat raises.

years

Keep at it bro soon you'll be pressing those 10kg plates and you will be a strong boy and your daddy will be proud.

if you only train high reps then your 1rm won't be that close, but someone that trains 3 rms with 210x3 will most likely be close to 170x10 because he isn't as used to higher reps. Hope that makes sense
atleast a year if you bulk heavy. OHP progress after 1 plate is really slow. 85 kg is the press(TM) equivalent of a 3 plate bench to give an idea

you gon die

At 57.5kg right now after 4 months of training.
When I started out I OHP'd 40kg 5x5 so there has been quite a bit of progress I think.

Are handstand pushups any good?

Not optimal for shoulder gains. You can do them but...

> that trains 3 rms with 210x3 will most likely be close to 170x10 because he isn't as used to higher reps
sure, I don't doubt that. like you said shoulders tire out easily. but I'm very sceptical of endurance translating THAT well to 1rm

yeah I corrected my post as well - I was assuming everyone would train the press at low reps at intermediate+ weight. Of course you need to be accomodated too at the sticking point.

Still, 170x10 is really good, not sure how can you lanky with that especially while doing high reps which would translate to plenty of volume. And not sure how you would ever linearly progress up to that while only training with high reps unless you're juicing

my OHP is at an easy 90kg strict and my shoulders are still none existent ... fml

stuck at 1pl8
on a cut tho

50lbs =/= 50kg

>85 kg is the press(TM) equivalent of a 3 plate bench to give an idea

ah

tfw no 2/3/4/5 ever

I was gonna come be a contrarian but I just watched Rocky last night and I was really miring Carl Weathers' shoulders

I can't break the 45kg 1x5, I can only do 3 reps max. I've been at it for a week and it's disappointing. Any tips?

>for a week

do KB strict presses or seesaw presses count?

As in I've been stuck at 3 reps for a week. Is OHP progression supposed to be slow?

For me the OHP progression was also really slow.

>ohp
>shoulder hypertrophy
kek

140 lbs for 3x5. Shooting for 155. Wish me luck as it's my hardest lift to get numbers.

How long before you started making actual progress, user?

What do you recommend?

185 for 3x5. maxed out at 210 for 1 rep.

too bad my body still looks like i'm on the cheetos and mountain dew diet.

I was not entirely untrained when I started out. I followed stronglifts 5x5 for like a year. Ended up at ~60 kg. Then I did some Reverse Pyramid Training and got up to 70 kg paused for 3-4 reps after coupe of month. Also lost ~25 kg of bodyweight in the progress, from 105 to 85. But this is over a span of like 2 years.

Terrible,my shoulders have always been shit.

Lateral raise, upright row. Any exercise that hits the delt will work if you do them at high volume.

So OHP?

>easy 90kg

are you 300lbs?

I dun fucked my shoulders up by improper benching and heavy lateral raises.

I can do presses without pain but front/lateral raises really fucking hurt guys. Anyone here went through the same shit? I wanna feel a shoulder pump again.

Every milestone in my OHP just feels like another weight class of people I could hoist over my head like an angry gorilla, should the need ever arise

Doing it in front of a mirror feels like injecting straight test

I gucked my left shoulder last year because i benched with shit form
Stopped benching but kept ohp'ing, ohp with wide gripe since close grip still made it hurt
Deloaded and only did 3 sets of 5-8 since going hard still made it burn and hurt, also only did light sets of cable flies for chest
Year later and i'm back to where i was strength wise and doing 3 rep sets of ohp and while i still can't bench, i am very able of doing light sets of incline db bench and my shoulder never hurts anymore

That's false, OHP is feet shoulder width apart, Military press is feet together (like you're standing at attention in the military). Strict press is just a stricter OHP

My shoulder mobility is good and I keep form strict, no worries

lmao he's push-pressing

fuck man if jim wendler can't do it right then I'm never going to strict press lmao2plate

puch-press is a bit exaggerated