Breathing when deadlifting

How the fuck do I breathe correctly when performing this meme?
I inhale a shitload of air and hold it until setting the weight back to the floor but still feel like passing out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U5zrloYWwxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Exhale while you lift the weight

do NOT do this

t. Retard

You brace faggot, you don't exhale.

Ok I read on SL that I should hold the breath through the whole lift,and exhale on the way down

Now explain why I should breathe out at the top

go to youtube
youtu.be/U5zrloYWwxw

this video explains bracing well
theres also vid how to deadlift you should def check out

How to breath when OHP? When do I exhale?

Meant to exhale on the way down, catch your breath at the bottom and hold it on the way up.

Kek
Always exhale when you do the work

I'm going to check this out,thanks m8

big breath HUGE BRACE FLEX YOUR ABS press up as close to your face as possible bring your head forward as soon as you clear it with the bar pull off as many reps as you can with your first breath then when you need to breathe again do it at the TOP of the rep while the bar is above your head and continue pressing

t. 2pl8 deadlift

learn about valsalva maneveur

You are supposed to hold your breath the ENTIRE time you are under the strain of the weight. This includes the down portion of the deadlift as well the up portion (to simplify things). You hold your breath because it increases your intra-abdominal pressure which gives your lumbar spine support. In other words it helps prevent your spine from bending during lifts and giving a ticket to snap city. It makes no sense to breathe out while lowering weight on a deadlift because you still need to keep your back straight.

Breathe out and take your next breath once the weight is on the floor in between reps. A big reason people say to breathe out on the strenuous part of the lift is because of noobs that follow geared lifting programs where they do high reps, low weight and lots of isolations where the spine isn't involved.

Learn the Valsalva maneuver as was said before me.

Maybe you're taking too much air in, you might be compressing your lungs if you're performing a motion like a squat where you are moving into a position where your lungs have a lesser capacity (just an uninformed opinion based on anecdotal evidence). Try inhaling deeply, like just a nice easy deep breath (think 70-80% lung capacity), then brace, perform one rep, exhale, repeat. If it's a deadlift or a clean then you can exhale at the top of the motion, then take another breath and then brace again if you are placing the weights back on the ground.

That's a man, isn't it?

I hope

Read the SS book. It has chapters on all the big lifts. Even if you don't do the SS program it's very beneficial.

cute drawing

Valsalva maneuver