Post yfw you realise your entire life of lifting is the antithesis of being good in the eyes of God and completely the...

Post yfw you realise your entire life of lifting is the antithesis of being good in the eyes of God and completely the result of sin

>Envious of others with better bodies/with hot gfs
>Lustful for gf or just for sluts
>Gluttonous when you EAT BIG
>Prideful when you think of your lifts and see your gains
>Sloth because you need sufficient sleep and no stress to make gains
>Greed because you think material objects like muscles or clothes or anything like that will make your life complete
>99% of lifters do it for revenge, hence wrath

And people still say they lift for Jesus. The most Christian thing you can do is eat humble portions of food that does not deprive others (grains, which are grown for the sole purpose of being eaten) and use lifting as a form of meditation, reflection, and punishment for your sins. You should be lifting weight not to look good, but to feel the pain of Christ in your muscles, and realise once again that no matter how you look, God loves you eternally so long as you let Him.

Amen

God's not real, gains are

Psalm 18:32-36

The God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless. He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights. He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great. You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip

God is a metaphor friend

It's a way to ensure that you are good and pure of heart, and pursue things that will help others rather than simply helping yourself

Being fit is a way of keeping pure of heart. Your chances of a heart attack decrease drastically, unless you roid like zyzz

One post in and you nailed it.

I lift because I like being the biggest.
Fuck you nerd.

Fing Boss

Damn man that's going on the wall of my homegym

Good thing im not a christfag

>"you don't believe in god so you don't get laid lol neckbeard"

Because /pol/'s christfags are all chads loved by women

How edgy is it to renounce God based on this and start lifting for Satan instead? Isn't that basically what Dracula did when his gf died?

God does not exist

More so than the average reddit liberal athiest

t. athiest

>I do not envy those with better bodies, I strive to match them
>Not lustful if I seek an actual relationship while staying true to the law of God
>It is not gluttony, you are eating to keep up with your bodies demand. No more, no less.
>Pride can be good and bad. Being proud of your progress can be good, but do not become arrogant.
>Sloth is laziness, good rest is not being lazy. Exercise is hard work, something God values
>Muscles are not greed, I acknowledge they do not make my life complete, but the process builds my character. They also build my capabilities.
>Don't do it for revenge

Galatians 6:4

"Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else,"

this.

I'm not a Christian anymore, but you nailed it.

>>Envious of others with better bodies/with hot gfs

Not really. I just see them as goals I may or may not be able to achieve, but I don't get hung up over it.

>Lustful for gf or just for sluts

I don't care about bitches.

>Prideful when you think of your lifts and see your gains

Feeling a sense of accomplishment isn't sinful. It can become sinful when you develop too high of an opinion of yourself.

>Gluttonous when you EAT BIG

I eat just enough.

>Sloth because you need sufficient sleep and no stress to make gains

"sufficient sleep" isn't slothful. Getting more sleep than you need is.

>Greed because you think material objects like muscles or clothes or anything like that will make your life complete

I know it won't, but I enjoy it regardless.

>use lifting as a form of meditation, reflection, and punishment for your sins.

The first two, yes, but mixing lifting and mortification is a bad idea. Simply self-denial and fasting are much better.

>you should be lifting weight not to look good, but to feel the pain of Christ in your muscles

See above. You can certainly offer up any pain you feel, but intentionally hurting yourself is a bad idea.

>God is a metaphor friend

Fuck of Jung, you faggot.

No, just a regular fag.

>Nothing exploded into everything

This is what atheists actually believe.

Fpbp

>implying your gains are real