Do you still drink alcohol or is it a gains killer?

do you still drink alcohol or is it a gains killer?

Gains killer. If the sheer amount of shit in beer or mixed drinks doesn't kill your body, the side effects will

Horrible hangovers, addiction, loss of motivation, etc. don't do it

Depends, I won't drink beer often but I'll have rakija like every couple of days

It kills the gains but at it also kills the autism

>hangovers
seek water you pleb

Just count the calories faggots

Also, dont drink too much its poison. Also do shots not mixed drinks because you dont know wtf is in it

it certainly doesn't help your gains

beer only makes my tism worse. I slur my words and my moter skills get all fucked up so I cant even walk up to a girl

Gains killer, but I drink every Tuesday and play trivia at the bar with my friendos. I don't think 5/6 a week is THAT bad

Only when I'm drunk off my ass at home, when I'm out I never have the opportunity.

gains killer af

hangover causes me to lose appetite, plus I missed a gym sesh this week due to waking up late.

holy shit, imagine peeling that banana as you lay in bed and that shit hops on your chest

so what do you do for your tism?

There's no problem if you drink in moderation or only heavily like once a month. Just don't get blackout drunk, like a degenerate.

Working out hungover fucking sucks.

Other than that, it interferes with sleep, can impact appetite, and contains a surprising amount of calories.

I switched to drinking my favourite cider instead of my usual vodka and mixer. 3 of them (500ml, 8.2%) is the equivalent of half a bottle of vodka. I often find I end up not even finishing the 3rd bottle because it gets a bit sickly or i get full. It gets me pretty drunk and sets a hard limit on my drinking which helps stop me spending more.

Sometimes I do really fancy a cocktail though.

>not working out in the afternoon

Henry Weston?

NOPE

I pretend like I am in a telltale RPG and remember when to shut up and when I should comment

>being functional before 9pm the next day
You underestimate my alcoholism user

mfw stopped drinking 19 days ago:
>more money in my pockets
>skin looks way better
>wake-up after 6 hours of sleep feeling fresh as fuck
>getting leaner and making more gains than ever at the gym
>am more alert and have a better mood since alcohol depresses you

It's simply not worth it to drink. If you need to get drunk in order to have a good time, you need to re-evaluate your life

1. only have one drink every 1.5 hours
2. liver has enough time to fully metabolize every drink you have
3. drink water in between booze
4. ???????
5. PROFIT!

>I do really fancy a cock

I bet you do, nancy

>19 days ago
>telling others to re-evaluate their lives

Like it would remove the hangover completely. You won't get a headache but you will still feel like throwing up, cold sweat, tired af etc. Either you are young or have never actually gotten shitfaced (not that you really should).

I really only drink red wine once or twice a week, maybe a beer at a concert.

I have a beer once a night, maybe three weeks a night at the most. I like the taste of beer but I don't like getting drunk.

This.

Good job bro, I am on day 50 over here
We're all gonna make it

Not him, but I'm almost 30 and I never get hangovers as long as I drink water and eat snacks throughout. I usually drink 0.5-1L of hard liquor at 75kg BW, so I think it counts as shitfaced

my biggest problem with drinking water when drunk is that my mouth gets that feeling where i literally can't swallow water, like it feels like a chore to do it

it's about as difficult as drinking a bottle of juice. why even record it?

>me
>24 years old
>been a loser all my life
>didnt even drink alcohol until late in college
>found out i have extremely low tolerance, 3-4 shots worth of alcohol gets me drunk
>usually get hungover to some extent the next day even just a little bit
>since im such a loser ive never even been to a bar in a social setting
>hear people talking about how drunk they get all the fucking time (on weekends at bars they pass out drunk, get drunk watching sports, etc)
>get kinda annoyed that they seem to never get hangovers from it and that i could use alcohol as a means to not be miserable all the time but i dont even get that

sigh

I guess i have never really been shit faced I am a fat guy at 6'2 230 so I would have to drink a ton. I am religious about drinking enough water so my shit does not get sticky and constipated

Went to a friends birthday last night with the plans of not drinking, but ended up getting drunk. At least I had a good time and it was just vodka. Shouldn't have drank though, alcohol is poison and now my gains are gone.

i remember when i was in college, at least being a lightweight was countered by my ability to drink even the most vile things straight in shot glasses without mixing or chasers or anything

i actually would never even drink anything given to me because i didnt know how much alcohol was in it. i would make my own drinks and always use a shot glass to measure out the alcohol because of what i lightweight i was and being afraid of hangovers. dat autism

In terms of your safety and well being, that's a good thing. Might seem a little odd to other people and you might get labeled as a weirdo but it's not a big deal really. Better to be safe than sorry.

usually i would get labeled as a little weird but then when they saw that i could drink the $5 plastic bottle handle of vodka from a shot glass while they all had to use chasers, or drink cheap ass gin from a glass casually, they would realize it wasnt so bad

>depresses you

I heard someone say something like: "Alcohol just borrows some happiness from tomorrow." which is pretty accurate, I'm a reasonably happy person most times so I don't mind.

The hardest part about quitting alcohol for me (First week here) is that I used to go out every weekend with the boys, and we would chase grills, dance, party, get wasted and laugh then talk about it for the next week or so. Once you get into that cycle it's so fun, but like everything becomes boring and depressing, also I am making like minimal gains because it just either increases my apetite for greasey food or Im just gonna be too sick to eat for like the whole next day. Plus I'm way too tired to workout at 100%

Trying to quit for about 4 months to save up + cut for a vacation later this year, the hardest thing is listening to music and reminiscing on the good times you had when you were drunk with your boys.

>needing to be drunk to have fun
>talking for a week about DUDE WE WUZ SO DRUNK

holy kek my sides

I usually rarely drink myself. Will either go hard once a month, or go pretty light every so often if I'm up for it. I still try to drink lots of water each day anyways.

>oversimplifying a situation you weren't there to experience

it's not like that retard. and its not that you have to be DRUNK to have fun, it's just reminsicing about fun times you had WHILE you were drunk is always nice. But okay, you can twist it whatever way you want to suit your autism

>implying water will cure a hangover

It will help but even if you eat greasy/salty food high in calories for the electrolytes/energy and drink lots of water, dehydration will still occur after like 4 drinks.

na uh nigga, i'm off

Anthony?

It's the single biggest gains killer there is. I still sometimes touch it, then regret it for a week. I really wish I could stop it alltogether.

And don't give me any of that "moderation" bullshit.

I drink 1-2 beers every Friday night.

Literally no downsides.

Just makes sure your nutrition/hydration/workouts/cardio are on point for the other 6 days of the week.

literally ANY bar will give you as much free water as possible. I usually ask for a pint and 2 glasses of water, drink one at the bar and bring the second with me to the table

it is like taking the fun part out of it

Yes mate. You are actually my nigger.

Best cider imo.

team westons vintage

>Ripped Polish guy in my gym
>Intimidating/manly as fuck
>Drinks 1-2 bottles of Polish beer after every workout
>Not really allowed to drink alcohol in the fucking gym but no one says anything because they're scared shitless
>He's in better shape than practically everyone else in spite of this

>what are russian steroids

Yeah, I just workout all the time and exercise and eat healthy so I can drink when I feel like it. Obviously drinking every single day would be awful, but unless you are in competition or a fucking loser imposter-Chad then I have no idea why you would never drink. Society demands it in so many contexts, all of which you are required to conform to sometimes in order to achieve higher social standing.

only betas fall for the "society demands it" meme. you really think a real chad stops to think what is "required" of him? he does what he feels like doing

Polish beer is like water
only more nasty

>achieve higher social standing
I can already tell you're 5'6 and brown, pajeet

Uh, you are a fucking retard

>Most attractive women drink
>Most attractive, popular men drink
>Pubs/bars/clubs are the de facto "let's go out" venues
>Alcohol is THE preferred social lubricant... by EVERYONE
>Most people at the upper echelon of the business world drink

You are confusing ODD/autism with being Chad. Real, normal people that are successful understand that OTHER PEOPLE matter.

>stop fapping
>stop playing video games
>what to do on friday night?
>go out with friends
>drink 20 beers
>costs me 40 bucks
>at some point I go from tipsy social to drunk apathy, just staring straight ahead and downing beer after beer
>over 2000kcal just in beer
>plus late night junk food snack
>no terrible hangover the next day, but not fit nor productive either
>sit around all day, chilling, reading, watching jewtube
>repeat every weekend for 3 months
>got a beer gut and finished every month with a minus (poor student) and didn't do anything on the weekend.

I'm quitting alcohol for the next months.

I used to think like this when I was a teenager.

Up until I was 18/19, sadly.

That's why I was a fat ugly retard.

Realizing made me sort my life out.

>seething this bad
>trying to justify LIVING FOR OTHER PEOPLE
lmao loser. just do what you feel like. sounds pretty pathetic thinking every decision based on how will others feel about it and ""social status"" lmao grow some balls

I'm 27, not a nerd and I have a large circle of friends who are also not outcasts or nerds. Most of them drink. None of them care if I don't. Literally NO ONE CARES.

You're a case of trying to imitate others because you yourself are not interesting on your own. So you try to blend in, hoping no one notices you. Hoping you don't stick out in any way. Get a personality loser :D

Its not that bad you faggot,and thats coming from someone that doesnt drink a lot and dont well the day after drinking.

It slowly kills the autism and then kills me.
>beer 1: just like always
>beer 5: hey I'm having fun
>beer 10: Fuck yeah let's dance
>beer 15: need more beer
>beer 20: where did it all go wrong
>beer 20+: shit I need some food let's go to McDonald's
>next day: HOW MUCH MONEY DID I SPEND?!?!
>also next day: nah man, no gym today, I'm tired and feel like shit

It isn't that people are actively against you not drinking, retard, it is that it excludes you from an entire spectrum of social experiences. You know, the OTHER spectrum, not the one you belong to.

based balkanbro

>try to quit smoking pot
>drink 3x as much beer
>stop drinking beers
>start gambling
fuck this addictive mindset, seems like i just want to escape something

Unironically this. Stop being a sheep to a certain extent and just be yourself.

If you lift for chicks, theres no reason to not go and get hammered every weekend. You can still make enough gains for chicks to mire and chicks will obviously be more keen if they see you know how to have a good time. No matter how Veeky Forums you are, 90% of girls would rather a dude who can get a bit loose. If you lift to compete, then do whatever you think helps, but have fun alone on the weekend

>just be yourself

This guy fucks... a pillow!

Get a hobby nigger

Trying to lift the day after drinking is awful
Strength goes to shit
However i love booze

No it doesn't. Maybe as a kid, yeah. I haven't always refrained from drinking. I first got drunk at 7th grade, partied all the way through middle school and high school as is customary over here. In university I started drinking less and less but I already had established large social circles. I had over 500 friends on facebook when I deleted it in 2011 and I didn't add strangers.

That's right, I don't have facebook. 99% of people I know do. Guess what, again it doesn't fucking matter. People ask to add me on facebook and I tell them I don't use social media. They say oh wow that's rare these days, could I have your phone number instead.
>You know, the OTHER spectrum, not the one you belong to.
Practically everyone I know drinks, and I tag along. You think if I go to a party or a social event there's a guy asking you to blow into an alcometer to make sure you're drinking? I meet new people all the time, form new connections. If anyone asks if I'm not drinking (happens extremely rarely) I usually just say I have work tomorrow or that I'm not in the mood right now but thank you.

If you're not socially awkward sober then there's literally nothing stopping you from not drinking. I might accept a glass of champagne out of courtesy and take one little sip if the situation calls for it like toast, it's not like I'm an alcoholic who can't get the taste in my mouth.

PS. if you reply to me I won't be here to reply anymore. I promised to be somewhere 30 minutes from now, with people who will most likely DRINK at this very event in my presence!

I have fucked 19 women at 22yo you virgin

Its 100% fine in moderation

>2. liver has enough time to fully metabolize every drink you have
Except it doesn't fucking work like that jackass.

Your liver also deals with other impurities, the type and quantity of which changes person by person.

My problem with alcohol is that it's all or nothing.
I have never managed to "just have 5 beers", it always ends up being 15 or 20.
Or I drink "strong" beer, which gets me drunk with far fewer.
If I drink liquor mixed with something it's even worse, it really hits me suddenly and I get terrible hangovers.
I'm going completely no alcohol for a few months now and see if I still manage to be as social as I was the last months where I got shitfaced at least once per week.

>do you still drink alcohol
Yes
>or is it a gains killer
Yes

We'll there's someone that will have a shitty morning

Alcohol tolerance builds over time with exposure dude.

But even then, it's not a magic bullet. Even if alcohol did work for you in that way, needing it to function like that is a curse.

Just take phenibut instead.

>Beer 20+

Look user, if you're going to LARP at least have some idea of reality

Not him but there's nothing special about drinking 20 beers (assuming 5% 0.33l). They sell beers in 24 packs and I always finish it before going to bed despite not being a HARDCORE PARTY GUY

See

>and thats coming from someone that doesnt drink a lot
then why do you think your opinion matters dumb ass

Ever since coming to Veeky Forums I'm drinking less and less often. Started noticing it's simply better. I feel better, I save money, I don't lose the entire next day to feeling anxious and generally like doom is approaching (I don't know is that just me but the next days are mentally genuinely tough)...but most importantly I make less stupid decisions.

Friday night I went to a work event and got pretty hammered, flirted with some girl, we spoke about going back to mine and fucking, she was down, I was too but due to other stuff coming up it didn't happen. I have a girlfriend though - she's away at the moment. In the morning neither of us were that keen at all...I've felt like the lowlife I am for the past 2 days. I'm confident I wouldn't have been such a piece of shit if I had been sober.

I think it's time to really give not drinking a go - which is tough because it seems like every single social event my friends do is based around drinking but maybe it's just not for me.

Yeah but it's not nearly as bad

Oh. Wtf I love alcohol now!

Why the fuck would you drink 20+ beers? Are you actually retarded?
Just drink wine or something stronger wtf

Is it a gains killer because of the hangover and lack of motivation after drinking or is it something that it does to your body to limit gains?

Nigger it's not about the alcohol, it's about drinking fucking 7-10 liters. I don't think anyone can do that comfortably.

The first thing is that it's basically "empty" calories, so you gain fucking nothing from it. Also it basically gets top priority in your protein processing queue. So it pretty much stops your gains as long as it's being processed, or something like that.

boo hoo, my autism goes complete overdrive and I start getting violent and withdrawn

God damn I want some beer now you bastards. A couple beers won't kill my workout tomorrow right?

Based Jugoslavistan

plus it's haram

Beer = gyno, lad.

No, unless you binge or have exceptionally shitty genes you won't notive all to many side effects. Red Wine increases testosterone, and drinking a little bit of booze post workout can also increase T to an extent.

Drank gin and tonic last night and I've got to deadlift heavy this morning...

If I want to get fucked up I smoke hash. Before smoking I drink a protein share and I don't have munchies.