The Full Body Routine

Every routine I have seen suggested here has been shot down by Veeky Forums.

If hypertrophy is the goal, how do you manage a full body routine with enough volume across each body part without spending 3 hours in the gym? Is a full compound routine without accessories the only way?

Today I did:

Squats 5x5
Bench Press 4x12
Pullups 3x10
Shoulder Press 3x10
Lat Raises 3x10
Curls 2x10
Pulldowns 2x10
Knee Raises 2x12

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/articles/28130627/
jtsstrength.com/articles/2016/03/07/considerations-for-beginners/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

holy fok that's a big ass routine.
I do deadlifts + bench + rows one day and then squats + pull ups + ohp the other.
try implementing drop sets if you're also looking for some strength. I just do 5x5 and then directly go on to two drop sets afterwards. 'tis alright

>Is a full compound routine without accessories the only way?
An upper/lower split has been great for my aesthetics.

>every routine I have posted has been shot down by Veeky Forums

wow it's almost as if the posters on the Burmese tap-dancing forum aren't always offering sincere and well-intentioned advice

This. Rotate lifts that hit approximately the same muscle groups. Curl when you row, don't curl when you pull yourself up etc.

Mine basically goes like this:

Compound lifts:
BP 3x12
Incline BB Press 3x12
OHP 3x12
Squats 3x5/Diddy 3x5/5x1(1RM)/T Bar Rows 3x12

Other shit:
Lat Raises 3x12
Upright rows 3x12/Shrugs 3x12
Bicep Curls 3x12/Hammer Curls 3x12
DB Flys 3x12
Tricep Press 3x12
Leg Press 3x12

Is this good, Veeky Forums? Some advice would help if you have any.

So I'm assuming an AB split 3 days a week would be better than ABC? I feel like I'll have run out of exercises that compliment each other equally by the time it comes to planning C... let alone the major compound lifts.

if you want to do full body hypertrophy with as little time spent at the gym as possible, then why the fuck not:

>4x8 Deadlift
>4x8 Squat
>4x8 Bench
>4x8 Press

Add pull ups and rows and you might be onto something

>how do you manage a full body routine with enough volume across each body part without spending 3 hours in the gym?
you don't, that's why it's a meme.

>drop sets
aka "lactic acid sets"
worthless, you'd rather implement DUP or alternate strength and resistance rep ranges (and rests) in different exercises or in different days if your goal is to trigger all those I IIa IIb muscle fibers.

>4 compounds
>benching after deads and squats
>no lats, traps, biceps
"No".

>you might be onto something
yeah, physical exhaustion.

Youve almost gotta accept that a full body routine doesnt work for 99% of people and that the further into hypertrophy (and by this I getting a nice balanced physique) you have to dedicate a lot of time to a large amount of sets x reps every day.

Actually sounds pretty nice desu. Could just throw in an accessory or two at the end for under-developed muscles... if energy levels are good enough.

Just keep the weight low

>Could just throw in an accessory or two
hopefully this is bait

>Just keep the weight low
>work at fractions of an already conservative submaximal RM to perform everything with babby weights and never reach enough volume
hopefully this is bait too

Not baby-weight low, dumbass

Volume-hypertrophy tier low.

You can't keep up appropriate "Volume-hypertrophy" across all those compound exercises, idiot. You'll need to work at a fraction of it, or you'll bench and OHP 1/16 of your 8RM.
But probably you're shit at estimating or testing to begin with, not that I expect anything less from a full-body DYEL.

Hence why I mentioned energy levels. If I can't do 'em at a reasonable weight, I won't do them at all.

Ask yourself, how many days a week can you spend in a gym?
>If only 3
Squat, bench, row/deadlift, OHP, chinups, alternate the two
>If 4
An upper lower is probably better. Like squat, deadlift, row/bench, OHP, chinups
>Accessories
Add whatever you want who cares

Hey Veeky Forums, skinnyfat newbie here. Was doing SL for a while but it morphed into this monstrosity of a routine I do every other day by basically just trusting random advice I see on Veeky Forums

>5x8+ Chin Up
>5x5+ Squats
>5x5+ OHP
>5x100 feet Farmers Carries (One set of 10 shoulder shrugs halfway though each walk)
>5x16hanging leg raises (want to eventually do Dragon flags)
>5x16 baby weight calf raises
>5x12 baby weight lateral raises
>1xAMRAP Push-ups
>1xAMRAP Sit-ups

Should I go back to basics or what? This 'feels right' to me, but I am spending a whole lot of time in the gym.

>drop sets

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/articles/28130627/
> Eur J Appl Physiol 117 (2)
>2017 Jan 27

>Randomized Controlled Trial

>Crescent Pyramid and Drop-Set Systems Do Not Promote Greater Strength Gains, Muscle Hypertrophy, and Changes on Muscle Architecture Compared With Traditional Resistance Training in Well-Trained Men
>CP and DS systems do not promote greater gains in strength, muscle hypertrophy and changes in muscle architecture compared to traditional resistance training.

>Participants had trained their lower limbs for at least 4 years with a frequency of two times per week, and were able to squat with at least 130% of their body mass to be deemed as resistance trained
>free from using anabolic steroids
>To the authors’ knowledge, this is the first study comparing the effects of Crescent Pyramid (CP) and Drop-set (DS) RT systems with Traditional (TRAD) RT in a volume-equated program on muscle strength, cross-sectional area (CSA), and architecture parameters in well-trained individuals.

Other studies speculated that a drop set may possibly allow for more volume in the same session or for the same volume in less time, but it comes at cost (intramuscular hypoxia which leads to harder/longer recovery) and there's generally no metabolic nor mechanical difference in the response as far as strength/resistance/mass is concerned. Many other studies compared DS with various routines, but never directly with a volume-equated "Traditional" training.

the paper is available on sci hub, sadly chink moot won't allow me to link directly.

Why are you giving advise wünsche you are clearly a dyel?

Here's a good beginner routine, just ignore the amrap bullshit and you're good to go.

i just do

>squats
>deadlift (1x week instead of squats) otherwise RDL
>press
>dips
>chinups
>LTE
>curls
>planks

i group opposite muscle groups so squat/press, chinups/planks, dips/curls, etc. usually takes around 2h at most with pretty good results

Here is a dumb poster and here
<
is a better routine.
>Why is he dumb/why am I dumb?
AMRAP sets are there to take advantage of good days. Not every day is the same.
Also, your routine is imbalanced. Mine has a leg, a press and a pull lift for every workout. Yours has unnecessarily many presses on Wednesday and literally zero pulls. Why?

do you add weight every workout or every week?

Every workout

Every workout, then every week. When that stalls look for an intermediate program.

thx

NP, personally I'd say if you're only adding weight every week THAT would be the point to find an intermediate program, but whatever, it's not a big deal.

This poster is right and I regret posting that , not a samefag.

google HST

jtsstrength.com/articles/2016/03/07/considerations-for-beginners/

I can't do squat or bench without pain due to car wreck injuries. I alternate leg press and dead lift. If I get 3x10 2 workouts in a row I go up 5lb. Only thing I might add is leg extensions/curls

What's a good mass building routine if you want to go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week and spend less than 1.5 hours there?

PPxLx? UxLxUxL seems like it has too much leg frequency. In a few months I plan on moving off of my 5x5 full body 3x/week plan.

what you think of my upper lower? I am going to run it once I bulk again

>Day 1
squat: 3 x 5, 1 x 10
romanian deadlift: 4 x 8
hack squat: 5 x 10
seated leg curl: 3 x 20
calf raise machine: 4 x 20
Farmer walks: 5 x 30 m

>Day 2
BB Bench: 3 x 5, 1 x 10
Pullup: 3 x 5, 1 x 10
Incline DB bench: 5 x 10
seated cable row: 4 x 10
cable laterals: 4 x 15
skullcrushers: 3 x 10
DB concentration curls: 2 x 15
Rowing machine

>Day 3
Deadlift: 3 x 3
squat: 4 x 8
Hack squat: 5 x 10
leg extension: 3 x 20
calf raise: 4 x 20
Farmer walks: 5 x 15 m

>Day 4
Incline BB bench: 3 x 5, 1 x 10
T-bar row: 3 x 5, 1 x 10
DB bench: 5 x 10
Chinup: 4 x 10
lateral raise: 4 x 15
EZ bar curl: 3 x 10
Rope pushdown: 2 x 15
Rowing machine

Would a PHUL work in this situation?

Jesus christ this thread

Take a PPL you like, take 1/3 of each day and do it in one session. Done.

Why doesn't it work?
Natties don't grow off of high volume bodybuilder routine shit. They grow off of getting stronger and by liftimg frequently. Full body routines are the best choice by far

>5 days a week
PPL. Do something like
>Push
Bench 5rm
OHP 3x5 @90%
Dips 3xF, facepulls 3xF
>Pull
Weighted Chinups 5rm (treat them like a barbell lift)
Chest supported rows 3x5 @90%
T bar rows, curls
>Legs
Squat 5rm
Deadlifts 3xt @90%
Lunges, hanging leg raises
>Next PPL
Alternate the two main lifts
PPLPPxx/LPPLPxx/PLPPLxx
>4 days a week but with less leg frequency
Easy. Do a normal ULxULxx routine, but do arms every 4th day. So basically ULxUAxx/LUxLAxx. So you have 1.5 leg days per week and 2.5 upper days, including arm days.

You split up the factors.

example:
Mon:
>quad-dominant compound (Squat) 5x5
>upper vertical pull compound (Pullup) 4x5
>upper horizontal push compound (Bench) 4x5
>hip-dominant isolation (Romanian deadlift) 3x10
>elbow extension isolation (Skullcrusher) 3x12
>elbow flexion isolation (Hammer Curl) 3x12
>deltoid (Lateral Raise) 3xF

Wed:
>hip-dominant compound (deadlift) 3x5
>upper vertical push compound (Shoulder Press) 4x5
>upper horizontal pull (pendlay rows) 4x5
>quad-dominant isolation (Step Up) 3x10
>elbow extnsion iso (Pulldowns) 3x12
>elbow flexion iso (EZ curls) 3x12
>trapezius iso (Shrugs) 3x12

Fri
>repeat Monday

Another useful way to speed up your routine is to use anatagonist sets. So basically on Monday you Squat 5x5. Then you do your first set of pullups. You then immediately do a set of Bench, then immediately go to your second set of Pullups, only resting for like 10 seconds to catch your breathe as needed. You do the same alternating sets with your elbow-extension and elbow-flexion. You're using the time to complete the antagonist exericse to rest the agonist.

Also stop looking at your phone.