Internittent fasting - What the hell do I do edition

I might wants to try intermittent fasting for a while.

Does anyone have any experience with it?
>good or bad?
>can you drink coffee during fasting?
>I have a physical job in addition to working out 5 times a week, is it still for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lwCRjwDs1Ek
youtube.com/watch?v=6aOGxhbe-Hc&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=-R-eqJDQ2nU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looking for some answers as well

Can IF fuck up your digestive patterns? What are the cons of fasting?

I do an 8 hour eating window and I'm guessing that is not an issue

Most want to go for 6-4 eating window but 8 works for me

its good if youre a fat fuck who has issues with hunger like me

reducing the feeding a lil to about 6 hours makes you feel completely stuffed for the day and much less likely to snack or overeat

beyond that im unsure about the scientific aspect behind it

One meal a day master race reporting in!

I'll give you a quick cut rundown I've done this summer. 213lbs-->186 2months.

Start with a priming phase. Cycle off all caffeine and stimulants for two weeks. During the second week start pushing back your eating window one hour per day for the week. Your eating at maintenance for this week so it should be easy.

Initial week start a standard eca stack / or just caffeine cycle at low dose, ramping very slowly as you feel your tolerance building. -100kcals daily over the course of the week of ramping.

You should be in the rhythm of stimulant high during the morning and fed in the afternoon. Continue until you have been at your personal stimulant cap dose for a month. Mine was 300mg caffeine, 24mg ephedrine 3x a day, +1 84mg aspirin daily.

Personally I mixed this with IIFYM+1multivitamindaily but if you just stuck with Clean Eating (TM) you could cut harder.

OP here

Found a good rundown
youtube.com/watch?v=lwCRjwDs1Ek

I'm going to try for a little while, see how it goes. I'm pretty fit, so I'm mostly after incremental fat loss, insulin reduction and HGH increase

I do that method, apparently. Didn't know it has a name, but have been on it since January.

One thing you should know is that technically anything except for water will break your fast. Yes even black coffee, because it has to be processed by your liver, and which in turn activates the same enzymes in your gut that are activated when eating. So if you want the full benefits of fasting, you have to strictly water-fast.

That being said, I drink a shit ton of coffee as soon as I wake up. Nothing feels better than a strong caffeine buzz while fasted. And like you OP I too work out 5 times a week.

Since your have a job, I'm guessing you work out in the evening, which means after feeding---which means you will be carb-loaded and good to go, should be no problem. I personally always work out in the morning while fasted, and sometimes I've noticed a bit of fatigue, which I just power through.

I don't know whether the purported health benefits are real. I would do IF even if they weren't because just because I have come to enjoy the feeling of being fasted. Also it's worth it just because of the effect it has on personal discipline: most people don't actually know what it's like to be hungry, and would panic if they ever had that feeling. Being able to decide when to eat is a kind of super power.

Same. The first three days will be rough as your body adjusts but after that it gets easier to maintain the fast.

I did it for two months while bulking, had some nice lean gains and solved my "eating at work" issues

IT has made me enjoy food again, havent enjoyed eating for the past few years.
I thought it would be hard to get my calories in for the day, but I've found it to be easier since my meal times are basically set

This guy seems pretty educated on it youtube.com/watch?v=6aOGxhbe-Hc&t=1s

He seems to think a small cup of black coffee is allright

>implying I could handle a morning without coffee anyway

Yeah, there are conflicting opinions on that point.

I'm basing my statement on this interview and subsequent statements by dr Patrick
youtube.com/watch?v=-R-eqJDQ2nU

Bottom line is that if coffee helps us get through a fast, then even though it may be sub-optimal its still better than not fasting at all.

IF is basically jsut skipping breakfast, u shouldnt do it

>being this unread on the subject

wait so ive been water fasting but ive been drinking powerade zeros, the no calorie sugar free/glucose free ones.

Will that break my fast?

>you shouldn't skip breakfast

do you want to expand on that, my man?

>>good or bad?
I like it. Been on 16/8 daily for half a year now. Lost a couple of kilos, but kept most of my muscle mass. I stopped lifting last year and DL 1RM only went down 15% in ~6 months while fasting and not training (except for bouldering).
>>can you drink coffee during fasting?
No. Anything that metabolizes breaks your fast. Even herbal tea.
>>I have a physical job in addition to working out 5 times a week, is it still for me?
Dunno. Start gradually and see how you feel after a while. Adoption phase can be difficult. Everyone should be on 12/12 eating pattern anyway, so start with that.
>Can IF fuck up your digestive patterns?
Just the opposite for me. I've been laying solid logs with clean wipes for weeks in a row. My insides have never worked and felt better. I struggled with IBS years ago.
>What are the cons of fasting?
Social. Hanging out with people in the morning and just drinking water and answering stupid questions.

>No. Anything that metabolizes breaks your fast. Even herbal tea.

That's the truth tho. I guess you'll still get lower daily calories if that's your goal, but not the benefits of actual fasting.

If you dont eat enough your body will make it hard to fall asleep

>and answering stupid questions.
"I don't do breakfast". No need to be a sperg and do unnecessary explanations.

Yeah, I know. Food is easy, but I still get offered coffee and tea sometimes when I'm doing business.

IF + Keto is god tier cutting. All that fat in the diet keeps you feeling full for many hours. Try it an you'll soon learn there is a difference between "hungry" (carb trickery) and true hunger (which will almost never happen on 16-8).

>rugged man
>attacking a raccoon with a blade

kek, come back when you're roughhousing honey badgers with your bare hands faggot

redpill me on fasting and cardio

Listen to the Rhonda Patrick on JRE podcast, there is another one by a Dr. Something which delves into more detail about this subject (and gut microbiome).

They touch on it a bit, if I wasn't such a dumb cunt I'd retain the knowledge and share it, it's good content.

Sort of related but would it be ok if I ate normally, 3-4 meals a day and during the mornings exercise before eating breakfast?