/fat/ "lift while you cut" edition

Previous thread
Who is /fat/ for?

Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight
>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

us.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10852500.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

from the other one

in the middle of a 24-36 hr fast

then onto a keto/paleo style of dieting for a good amount of time
NO grains
NO dairy

wish me luck brahs

Confess.

Food woo. Pseudoscience will cause magical weight loss!

no fruit too
also, cheese is acceptable and even recommended on keto

I denounce cheese

What do you guys know about avoiding loose skin other than maintaining/building muscle mass?

Failed my one day fast. Ate not that many calories but still I could not contain myself.

getting 500$ in neet stamps tomorrow. What food should i buy?

okay, I respect that. just saying plenty of keto / paleo dieters eat cheese all the time mostly because it's delicious, low carb, and high in fat (which is most important)

I am looking at changing my training schedule as I get closer to my target weight and more worried about loose skin/retaining muscle. Currently I do an upper day and a lower day with cardio in between like this:
UCCLCCR...
and I am thinking of switching to
UCLCUCRLC...
I am not going to change my lifting intensity, just the frequency. Could this cause any issues like overtraining or any bs like that?

oh this is gonna be good

what is 'fake food' please?

>two eggs, some diced ham, and 2 packets of plain instant oatz for breakfast
>lunch is two burritos filled with mainly meat and little bit of cheese (don't know how to make eggs)
>only 500 calories left for dinner
>STILL only got 109g of protein from all that
What the fuck am I supposed to do?

heard some rumors about oil massages, I think it was flaxseed?

>make eggs
I meant to say make beans.

Oats, an assortment of veggies (frozen or otherwise, whatever is cheapest), eggs, and chicken. Buy what you can in bulk and freeze what you don't immediately use.

whey brotein with milk

start with 12 hour fasts, then 16 then 18 then 24. dont try to jump into a full day from nothing.

>tfw all I could afford was this shitty diet shake mix that's like 17g of protein per scoop

drink more coffee to supress hunger

Per 2 scoops, I'm a dumbass who can't proofread apparently.

how much did you pay for your diet shake?
You can afford 1kg of whey protein for around 25 dollars on myprotein.com. It feels like I am shilling at this point but honestly they're the cheapest and best quality/price on the market.
also check out that flavor variety...you can get sample packs before buying to choose the flavor you like best.

us.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-whey-protein/10852500.html

I went to Costco today.

Heads up, their vanilla whey isolate tastes like ass in water. Fantastic to bake with, though.

WHY DID I BUY TWO PIZZAS???

In all honesty, is shooting for that much protein while on a fat cut even necessary? I do lift three times a week but not especially hard because I'm not good at pushing myself and I don't ask for spotters.

I can see the upper part of my abs, but I still have this retarded "fat pouch" on the bottom of my stomach.

/fat/s that lift and do cardio

When is your recovery day? Do you do it after every 2 days of working out? Once a week? Two days a week?

J U S T
U
S
T

Dinner was gooood.

i put back on 2 months of weight loss in 1 week of being injured

why is life so hard

Because you're weak.

wtf did you eat

pro-ana mode

Never.

i do calisthenics on the days i don't lift but take sundays off completely, i would imagine you could do the same for cardio

i mean my weight loss wasn't very impressive recently as I have kinda plato'd but put 3kg back on over a week of 4+ gym sessions a week > 0 and eating lots of pizza

>Had 300g of nachos with half a jar of salsa dip, basically more than 2000 calories
>Also had 1500 calories of cereal in the morning
Forgive me father, but I had been cutting too much lately, down to 1 meal a day

you're doing OMAD too, or did you have your meal replacement at a different setting than dinner?
Other than that, good work user, I eat once a day and I choose dinner to do so, and I've been shredding the fat really fast.
I also average something like 1000 cal/day.

I'd rather get one personal than eat half a large
I just don't trust myself

Anyone got any recommendations on pre-boot camp diets? I ship out in July and I've been on the PSMF for the last few weeks to get to my goal weight ahead of time.

Currently rucking 4 miles a day with 60 lbs in my pack and a training rifle at 9 lbs. Running around 4-5 a day, swimming and biking aong with a 3x a week body weight routine. How should I be eating to prepare myself for that next trial?

I take a recovery day every 2-4 days. Depends on how sore my muscles feel. No point in going to the gym if my body is aching so bad that I do only about half of the reps that I would normally do.

>"Just one bite good sir, on the house! I know you want to."

Just ate like a pound of bacon and 3 eggs. All salted to hell and back and now I feel bloated as fuck. Forgive me.

i-it's just one bite right? w-what could go so wrong?

>"Go ahead, tell me how it tastes for the fooood review."

Made about $107,000 selling my ETH coins. Can finally avoid loose skin surgery.

Anyone else dealing with loose skin?

Been out the gym since June started but I'm still tracking my calories religiously. I'm still losing weight. Is this most likely water weight? All weigh ins are done on a empty stomach after pees and poos.

Got really depressed earlier and ate 2 oreos and some jalapeno cheetos and now I feel like shit

Any pajeets here trying to cut? I can never find an accurate calorie count for most of our Desi food like rotis, dals and the like. How do I even measure the weight of a chapati? Some of the sites show info for a 30g chapati, some for a 150g chapati, how do I know how heavy mine is?

pls no bully

I can't believe i was heavily memed by the fat = more body fat meme and the cholesterol is bad for you meme.
I don't live with my parents but they are consume milk on regular basis and switched to low fat milk years ago, it tastes like shit. How do i convince them that 'full fat is bad' is just a meme?

ate a mcdouble plain, small fry, hashbrown, and sprite before I went fishing.

Have you tried having some fucking willpower, user?

I've been nibbling on sweets and not logging the calories. Still losing weight but this is gonna fuck up my progress if I don't stop.

never tasted a brioche bun
but they look nice

Especially when covered in maple smoked bacon

I'm a 6'2" 25 yo male who is currently between 210lb/215lb. Even though that doesn't sound too bad, I've realized that I'm extremely under-muscled from years of chronic sitting. I used to run to stay in a p good weight range (185lb) but now when I try to do any cardio that involved impact, my knees and lumbar ache for days afterwards. Should I start hardcore dieting to lose weight or should I just start going to the gym and lifting? At about 10% body fat I think I'd way something crazy low, like 160lb... I have almost no muscle.

Any advice, /fat/?

Because you have no goddamn self control. You should be fucking ashamed. Literally no one made you buy those yet you're whining on the internet as if someone pointed a gun to your head and made you get them.

Shame on you.

Nip that shit in the bud right now, dude.

I regressed 7 pounds one month because of this shit. Cut it out now, I'm telling you.

yes, read the sticky, then come back here and ask specific questions

I go to the gym everyday, but thats just because its summer and im not doing anything i can keep that up. Also because Im bored. I do my main lifts then do cardio. i switch up cardio based upon what i feel like doing that day. I have an ergometer, elliptical, stairclimber and then HIIT on threadmill. i try to do either a 1000 steps on the stairclimber or 10 min HIIT session every 2-3 days.

Just eat less until you're not overweight, then start running if you want.

For cardio, neither a bike nor the elliptical machine will fuck up your knees. Lift 4-5x a week with cardio for about 30 min after.

>Have to wake up extra early tomorrow in the morning to be able to get in some lifting and cardio at the gym

Should I take my L-Arginine and water and just go, and do breakfast after? I've never done an early morning workout, but I have to tomorrow cause I'm busy the entire day.

Already did. I've been low-carb dieting for about 10 days now and I've seen a weight reduction of about 2 lbs, but I'm trying to determine whether or not someone who is my approximate weight should actually start lifting or focus entirely on hard-core dieting.

Former fatty here. At my heaviest I was 245 lbs 6 ft. Through intermittent fasting and lots of cardio I got down to 175 lbs. I don't binge eat anymore and I feel way better. I would like to lose ten more pounds before doing a moderate bulk.

How do I into cryptocurrencies?

You'll lose weight either way, but I highly recommend lifting. You'll lose fat and also gain a bit of muscle in the process. 5'9, started at 225, down to 210, I don't have pictures but I've slimmed down tremendously while growing some nice muscle that I didn't have before.

Also it helps protect again excess skin droop when you do lose a bunch of body fat.

You'll lose weight either way, but it all depends on whether you want to go the extra mile.

Everyone, it's positive reinforcement and healthy mental projection time. I want you all to do this exercise with me to help you visualize success.

>post picture of goal body (bonus point if same somatotype as yours, given you can recognize it from a time before being /fat or guess it correctly)
>estimate and post the work left to do (kgs of fat to lose and/or muscle mass to build) and a timeline
>visualize yourself looking like that even just for a split second or stretch of imagination
>profit instant mental gains and motivation boost

It'll also be nice to see the diversity of goals we people have, and the different ways we see our ideal selves of the future. Just for inspiration sake.

Drink a big glass of ice cold water, take your supplement and splash cold water onto your face until you're fully alert, and then get your ass out the door and to the gym right away.

>tfw endomorph

I'll start !

>pic related
> mesomorph master race
>I have 7 kgs of body fat to lose first, and about 15 kgs of lean mass to put on next. First I'll shed the fat in approx 3 months (I have given myself this summer to do it), then I will be able to join a gym and start lifting. From there it should take me about 33 months of 0.5 pounds of muscle gained per month (on the lowest side of the average a woman gains) to achieve that so I guess it'll take me roughly 2 years and 9 months of constant progress to do so. I give myself 3 years and 6 months to do it.
I am okay with this.

Grass is always greener, dude. I'm an ectomorph and when I look at the calves/forearms of you endos I feel like a fucking girl scout. It sucks knowing that no matter how hard I work out, I will never have 9 inch wrists.

same...

(although its nice having very big chest/shoulder area)

somatypes are bullshit you gullible idiots

There's way too much pseudoscience in these threads.

dude I am a grill and I love endomorph men, they look so burly and strong and manly when they are strongfat or builtfat. Even better looking than those skinny ottermode guys. I swear you'll cater to the fetish of a lot of girls if you lift and take care of yourself!
>pic related hhhnnng

Redpill me on ab workouts when you're fat and cutting lads

I'm assuming you've got a female street shitter doing the cooking so go into the kitchen and ask her for the recipes she uses (if she does) or to measure out the ingredients she uses next time she cooks. Should be pretty easy to figure it out from there.

jesus are you dumb? we know it's all labels and based on a theory not proven effective, it's just a way to R E P R E S E N T ourselves within a framework that is visually projectible to others so they can relate or perceive where we're coming from. Not claiming there is an actual genetic difference between the types.

>ham
>high fat meat
its like you dont want to make it.

t. demisexual foxkin

That looks nasty desu

if you dont have enough protein you'll be losing both fat and muscle resulting in auschwitz mode.

I'm also bald. Still interested?
Yeah that's what I thought.

>implying I have muscle

i went from 245 lb's to 164 from december to now.
I do 30 minutes cardio everyday except tuesday and friday (the days i lift)
Tuesday and friday i do full body resistance training.
The cardio days should be your recovery days imo

enjoy having loose skin after losing all that fat

you gotta eat your protein

ate a shitload of walnuts today and didn't write them up.

It's hard dude. I've made a ton of desserts for my fat family recently and they'll eat some and then leave the rest for me cause they're grazers. Gonna start chucking the shit into the trash instead of the fridge I guess.

>Realize people have gym days dedicated to one single muscle group, legs, or cardio
>Been working out my entire body everytime I've gone to the gym

I can't even imagine splitting up all the lifting and cardio I do into other days of the week. I just.. work every part of my body everyday I go to the gym.

>lost the same in the same time without cardio
heeh

yeah so what? strong bald men are sexy too and a fetish for some girls...You just have to be confident, which you'll eventually be when you reach your goal I promise. You gotta stop taking the memes here on what girls like too seriously, being bald is not hard. I went bald when I turned 18 because I wanted to have a coming of age type of rebirth and I'm a girl. It wasn't bad, as matter of fact everyone told me I looked good. Anyway, I wouldn't leave my boyfriend if he were balding, or already bald, or when he'll go bald.
/blogpost

ate 500 grams of pasta today. 500. 1500 pasta alone, plus coindments. plus little mcdonalds. I hate myself boys.

Goal is top (obviously)
>30-40 lbs to go, probably 3 months
>tfw probably not gonna make it this summer
>literally haven't been this weight since middle or elementary school
>have no idea how I'll look

Idk how long it'll take but I also want to put on a base layer of muscle after.

>tfw the only long-haired guy that goes to my gym

I'm sorry, are you implying bald men are incapable of being sexy? Jason Statham is a big bunch of sexy and he is visibly balding.

>lose 10 more lbs
>go through multiple bulk/cut cycles (atleast 3 years of work)
>get tan
>stop going to great clips and get my hair cut by a real person
i have the genetics because my family has multiple body builders in it and i have big shoulders etc.
but i definetly havent put any work or effort into it at all my in my life, you lied user, this just depresses me how far out i am

you'll make it eventually even if you are not summer ready, Anonette. Just think of it as prepping so next summer you'll be in optimal shape! Your goal is admirable, I wish I had the body type to go that skinny, but I am a womanlet and looked like a little boy when I was really skinny. So I am going for the muscular strongwoman look instead.

coinbase.com