Anti-Depressents

I recently started taking anti-depressants and I've been losing weight rapidly. Food use to make me so happy and I was 240lbs but it's been 4 months and I'm now 170lbs and still losing weight. I am 5'9 and my parents telling me I'm getting too skinny. Is this how normal people feel? Eating is like a chore, I can't seem to get enough and candy/sweets make me wanna vomit.. should I stop the anti-depressants?

You didnt learn what to eat, how to make it and how much to eat
You just lost interest in eating
The moment you lay off the jew pill you are going to fatten up like a nigger pig

Stop before you damage in your brain more

Rigorous exercise is the best antidepressant. Hit the swimming pool. You'll thank me later

>5'9
>170
>too skinny
theyre only saying that cause theyre used to seeing you fat

>anti-depressants

Speaking as a former long-time user, they're not worth it and may cause more problems than they "fix".

Except Welbutrin, that shit is dope.

>tfw on citalopram for depression
>it killed a lot of my anxiety but did fuck all for depression
what do

Alcoholism x F

The anxiety was your body's way of telling you to do something.
That something would have aliveated the depression.

Everyone has anxiety, and having an outlet for it, a good one is healthy and right.

Without the anxiety you have nothing but the black dog sitting there staring at you. No energy to do anything no drive to do anything.
Nothing except you and the dark as your companion.

Well.
Good luck.

Checked
Already done the alcoholism, wasn't as fun as expected. Switched back to smoking.
Anxiety was exhausting me physically so it had to be reigned in, but I agree with your points. Thanks

Which antidepressant?

>anxiety is your body's way of telling you to do something

lmao

Spikes in insulin allow for serotonin synthesis in the brain to increase, signaling satiety. Now your anti-depressants are hitting your serotonin receptors for you, so you don't need to eat as much before you get a satiety feedback.

Replace calories from carbs with calories from fat and you will probably be able to eat more.

It's actually true.
It's not some toxic THING that your body punishes you with.
Anxiety is the urge to act without a good outlet.

>Is this how normal people feel?

I think it's more common to want to continue eating delicious things until you're totally stuffed. Being overweight or fatter is more common than not being overweight. There are people who naturally don't feel like stuffing their face and they probably aren't a tiny minority but a sizeable minority. I believe both are "normal" people with simply different variations in their genetic inclinations toward eating, like how height varies.

Ive been on Sertraline (Zoloft, Lustral) for 12 months and it stopped me killing myself but I have zero sex drive because of it. I cant ejaculate.

Ive started taking maca powder and celery seeds. Do I need to quit setraline? please red pill me. Im less suicidal now.

Whats your bodyfat now?

Dont trust your parents - they may prefer you being fat.

you need to weightlift and learn to eat healthy.

Not antidepressants but i use epilepsy drugs as alternative for my bipolar disorder.

>mfw anticonvulsants act as aromatase inhibitors and are considered "ethical concerns" in some sports antidoping-wise

>test levels off da railz atm
>i want to fuck like a rabbit
>sick gains
>no weight gain

They should work for depression also

this happened to me too, user. get meal replacement and mass gainer drinks and powders. eat what you feel like, but make a point of getting fiber/fruits and veggies. learn to chug, and just put down those shakes. this helps with gainz in all respects.
when it got really bad i had to set a timer to chug a shake every 2-3 hrs

btw: this isn't how "normal" people feel, it is truly a side effect of the meds. don't stop them, but do mention these side effects to your psychiatrist. a normal doctor likely won't have the specialty knowledge about how to tune your meds. there's a chance you're on too high a dose. you're likely to see side effects long before you'd see the intended effect of an SSRI.
stopping SSRIs cold turkey (especially in high doses) is dangerous and can be life-threatening. withdrawals can be deeply uncomfortable both physically and psychologically. gotta taper off

talk to your psychiatrist.

im a med student near graduation who apso suffers from depression/adhd and have been in treatment for 12 years.

this shit sucks, it's a process. finding your ideal meds and dosages take time and you need to work with your doctor, with honesty and openness.

do NOT interrupt SSRIs and SNRIs cold turkey, your risk death and horrific side effects.

when i cut venlafaxine to try something new iit took a few weeks and the side effects, particularly the brain zaps, were crippling

talk to your doc. dont go to a meme image board for medical advice

Been on it for 2 years now, max dosage, can confirm the sex drive thing. Only recently did I manage to come while having sex without needing to beat my meat for 20 fucking minutes.

name of drug just out of interest?