Why the fuck would I alternate between bench and OHP when I can just do OHP, weighted chins and deadlifts forever?

Why the fuck would I alternate between bench and OHP when I can just do OHP, weighted chins and deadlifts forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know. Why would you?

add some weighted dips in there for your chest

i agree, bench sucks

Not sure bro.

Because bench hits your chest and tri better than chins.

Not better than dips, though.

Why do OHP, which hits your front delts too much?

Why not do reverse grip bench and incline bench, and never do OHP and regular bench?

No you can't just do the 3 exercises for the rest of your life.

>biological law of accommodation

same

for chest development i just do some dips and dumbell bench which is a lot easier and dont tax me on my ohp

>he still tries to push things lying on the ground rather than push it over head

hold me guys

le sarychev face

>american powerlifters
>muuh variation
>muuuh assistance

>le sarychev 730lbs raw bench
>lets just bench at diffrent intensites

Have fun when you plateau after a month.

Bullshit

the body cannot identify between exercises if they hit the same muscle with the same resistance

use progressive overload to overcome the biological law of accommodation and accept what we know of how muscle tissue is damaged, built and repaired in reponse to progressively overloaded resistance training

Youalternate to better stimulate the triceps and shoulders. And it gets difficult to do 2,5kg humps on ohp pretty fast if thats all you do, so alternating also helps for long term progress.

You need to find the middle ground between being specific enough in your exercise selection so that the constant grind and not fucking around earns you gains, but not too specific that certain areas of your body are neglected and your body "gets used to" certain movement patterns, so it adapts by increasing efficiency and not growing

What if I start rotating between press variations like Z press, along with tricep and delt isolation?

Z press is basically floor seated OHP, right? So it is the same with OHP as far as tricep and delt activation is concerned, with the main difference in muscular activation being in your core.
Anyway, I don't see why it wouldn't work, but do you hate your chest? What's up? Something tells me that you are fat and are afraid that your chest will get too big and that you will be sabotaging your diet because even if you keep losing weight, your boobs will still look big. Did I get it or am I just being retarded?

Pretty doughy atm desu but hey
>Muh bulk
Bench feels extremely unnatural to me and I'd just rather not do it.

right on. zero reason to flat bench if you aren't competing. shit muscle builder anyway

chinups are for upperback and biceps not triceps or chest. dips are for those and they are one of the best chest exercises far ahead normal bench. for a good chest and triceps all you really need to do is dips

>Bench feels extremely unnatural to me
Then do OHP and dips. Chest + curls only bros look silly, reverse bros look sillier. Don't neglect your chest.
That said, Google "power to the people tsatsouline". It's right up your alley.

yeah OHP+dips is just fine if you want to save your shoulders, just dont go too deep on dips

Yeah, why would you alternate? It's almost like you're still not getting more than noob volume.

I reckon a combination of the two or alternating between them to break through a plateau. One exercise that hands down fucking explodes my chest is dumbbell flys. All my stretch marks are from those little rippers and they make my chest grow disproportionate to everything else.

Who's this Aryan for Marryin?

>
Well, that would be Bjorn Iron side. And who might you be?

>dips for chest
When will this retardation end? Can you retards please google the primary function of your chest? Like holy shit

This. If you don't have powerlifting goals, just pick something you enjoy that hits the same muscles. As long as you work dat sheit hard you'll get results.
Here, I like to dump this everywhere I go: strengtheory.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/
Basically:
> work HARD on every set
> ???????
> profit

Backed by science my man.

because bench is a fun excercise that feeds you ego?

what the fuck are you talking about?

will my bench press progress from just OHP and dips? for example, my OHP progresses from bench press alone.

Have you heard of chest dips? There is a distinct distinction between those a regular dips that are primarily tricep focused with some pec activation.

I agree a press is superior but just saying.

How is bench press dangerous?

Also, can I use deadlifts to substitute squats? I used to do tons of bodyweight squats and pistol squats when I was younger (never had weights), but now when I try to squat with bar my knees feel very tight.

Should I quit being a bitch and make an effort to squat or just deadlift?

Because dips WILL fuck up your shoulders and your sternum. Fucking quit it while you can. You'll thank me later. I know I surely regret it.

Surely as long as I have my scapula retracted and elbows tucked I'll be fine? You must've been doing them with bad form.

Actually shit just remembered that some people physically can't do dips without sternum pain. I don't get pain so I think I'll be good.

I am Faridun, Warrior of Persia!

Isn't overhead pressing hard on your rotator cuffs?

Benching is far worse mang. A thorough warm up plus a lot of rear delt work will keep you good to go.

Yeah, dips are so shit for chest activation. It's pretty much non-existant.

It depends.At first you'll be losing your neural efficiency for the bench press, so you'll be weaker, but building new neural efficiency for dips and building more muscle will counteract this. Eventually your strength due to more muscle mass is going to increase your bench. If you then start benching again and restore your neural efficiency, you're gains will be going through the roof for a while and then you're back to building muscle.

people who use the least drugs in competitive strength sports literally do minimalist training but program and periodize their training religiously
why? because no matter what the fuck you do, the more you practise a movement the better you get at it, and doing more volume regardless of the movement used you will gain more muscle on the main movers in that movement

there is literally no reason to change up excercises in order to make more progress
all you're effectively doing is diminishing muscle recruitment since your body isn't used to doing something you just switched to, kinda like barbell benching for years but then switching to dumbbell benching, you will NOT get more muscle recruitment out of it, you will simply SUCK at that movement and you will not fatigue yourself nearly as much on it since you're not capable of exerting full force like you are on barbell bench

this can act as an active way of dissipating fatigue, but that's worthless if you are on a proper program

b-but muh louie simmons

Not enough quad activation

Make sure your form isn't shit and stretch but in the meantime you could do farmers walks + leg extensions or something