What if you water fasted for 30 days, and ate healthy after...

What if you water fasted for 30 days, and ate healthy after? There are studies saying you don't or barely lose any muscle, as that is not how the body works.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/
sciencedaily.com/terms/calorie_restriction.htm
scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
scientificpsychic.com/health/cron1.html
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11683736/Five-day-fasting-diet-slows-down-ageing-and-may-add-years-to-life.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4332519/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>water fasted for 30 days
>30 days
You crazy

yeah, you should go ahead and try that. come back in 30 days and post your results

are you challenging me?

Nah, you gotta water fast for 90 days.
Remember, the more time you spend in hospital the more it's working!

I've done it for 15 days and felt good, so I'm going to try and go for 30. If I had enough fat to last me 90 days, then yeah why not?

A 30 day water fast is pretty extreme imho. Sure fasting is very benificial to the body, but stretching it out to a complete 30 days just doesnt make that much sense esp if done only for losing fat. a more suitable option is a muscle sparing modified fasting look it up buddy

Or you could just do a 16-17/8 fast like a normal human and eat good stuff.

>hospital

nice maymay

do you seriously not realise what the point of body fat is?

desu I think I can speak for everyone here in saying that seeing people prove whether fasting is a meme by ACTUALLY doing it would be much appreciated

I can't even fast for 30 seconds. I ate two snickers bars while typing this post.

you should screencap this. everyone screencap this. in 30 days watch, i alreasy got a before pic

How does the body work then?

jumping into a long fast without planning ahead is retarded

Fuck planning ahead. I'm doing this fast

by burning primarily body fat until you're below about 8%, when you start burning more muscle

Post before pic

The body stores fat to use as energy. The body uses glucose for energy instead of fat if it is available. Muscles are used for moving.

If there is no food, then your body will use up all your glycogen stores and then move onto fat. If the body burned muscle instead of fat, then we would have died a long time ago as that makes no sense. We need muscles to move.

It definitely can be done as long as you plan a head. Make sure you supplement with electrolytes so you don't die. And with any fast longer than 14 days refeeding syndrome becomes a possibility so start really slow when you begin eating again so you don't die.

I don't think electrolytes are that important. Water and my fat is what I'll live on.

see you in 30 days, friend

bye you see then text me maybe

There was a guy that did not eat for over a year. Just potassium supplements and a multi-vitamin.

and what was the end result

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/

You need sodium and potasium in order to drive the Na+ K+ pumps in your nervcells. But if you think you can live without the ability to send electrical impulses go ahead and skip the electrolytes.

This is unironically a good idea if you're basically obese

So what did hunters and gatherers use for electrolytes?

fat has all the energy and other things you need to survive. mongrel.

> be me body
> oh boii lets make some fat.
> tfw 3 months worth of energy reserve
> start a 90 day fast
> day 6 FUAARK I DIDNT STORE ANY (((VITAMIN))) I CAN"T MOVE I"M GON DIE AS A FAT SLOB.

do you really think that this is how your body works?

DO IT OP
ALSO POST PROGRESS FOR CURIOSITY'S SAKE

By that same logic why even bother with water? Just do a dry fast since your amazing hunter body got all the reserves it need.

Fasts this long should only be done by people that have experience with lengthy fasts before.

The progression should be something like getting used to four days fasting, then eight, twelve, etc.

There's that story about the 90 year old man that fasted for forty days because he was a religious man and wanted to prove others that it wasn't fictitious, that people could actually do that that was in the Bible, and he succeeded at it which, according to him, improved his health.

It's shown as an example among many others in the book on fasting written by Upton Sinclair. He makes a very compelling argument in favour of this practice, though he advocates short fasts of four or eight days at most for the beginners.

>Planning ahead
>Literally just not eating for a bunch of days

Nig wut

Yeah OP, why do you want to do such a fast?
I love fasting, im doing IF18/6 in the week and eat once a day on the Weekend.
Why do 30 days fasting, what do you want?
I think you are going to do more harm than good with such a fasting

Hunter gatherers went rarely more than 30 days without eating and lived. People today can do this because of supplements.

Water was always readily available in everywhere that wasn't a completely retarded place for primitive humans to be, user.

water is le different. this is the water world. it's available everywhere, food is not. wouldn't make sense to store water if you can get almost everywhere throughout evolution.

I need to lose around 15lbs to get to the bodyfat % I want... Would a water fast serve me well?

> There are studies saying you don't or barely lose any muscle
maybe if you're already weak af
bad idea, start eating healthy and making gains while losing fat instead of wasting 1 moth just to reach auswitch mode

>muh summer
you're already too late

Studies showed that untrained people lost 5% muscle mass in two weeks. Thats a lot, and that number could be higher for trained individuals.
Doing it for 4 weeks is not reccommended if your interested in muscle mass

well most people underestimate the muscle they have. say you are fat and you look like bearmode. do a fast and lose all that and you look like aushwitz. thats just because thats all the muscle you really had and your body fat was just covering it. dexa scans and shit show this

intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/

Which is why you dont fast. And have a deficit of 500kcals, so you maintain as much muscle as possible. Fasting/huge deficit is what anorexic people do. Which is why they lose most of their muscle mass.

Anorexic guy here
You fucking lose muscle you retards

nigger

nice article le

yeah, document it as well please

i will, come back in 30 days

what should I do to minimize strength loss during a week-long water fast? is it even possible to not lose any strength? are 2 or 3 sessions of some light singles during that time a good idea?

I'm at day 18 of fast and all I've done is drink water.

Lost like 40 lbs so far though.

How did your right tit get punctured?

be honest, how do you look now? are you losing fat?

Yes, I look slimmer, my clothes are looser and I feel much lighter.

I only have insomnia because of all this energy I have though which forces me to work out harder during the day so I can sleep.

i used to have a nice full man tit, but i lost like 50Ibs and then that happened to my tits

people say it gets easier after 3 days, is that true? how are you holding up?

>ate healthy after
i can almost guarantee you won't do this
learn to eat a normal healthy diet, that will be much more beneficial for you

Gatorade

Doing good actually, it gets easier after 3 days because essentially fasting is like keto where your body needs to convert into burning ketones for fuel and thus people normally have a keto flu during those three days.

After that it's smooth sailing as hunger comes in waves and goes so I've gotten used to that. I am ending my fast next week though as I have a party to go to where my friend is buying me a buffet so I'm going to ease back into eating soon enough.

good job with the fast. i'm starting mine today. in 30 days i will be back here to make a thread and i will post my progress.

> These increases may be due to dissolution of excessive soft tissue and skeletal mass.

Wew

Good luck.

I've always struggle with cutting and fasting is essentially intermittent fasting and ketogenic diet taken to it's maximum.

I'll easily switch into IF and Keto to continue losing weight and maybe fasting for long periods of time to continue my weight loss. For the first time in my life I feel free enough to eat whatever I want without worrying about calories and to just fast in order to maintain my weight or lose it. It's pretty liberating.

what did he mean by this?

Is this the fasting thread? I have a question. I accidentally drank, out of habit, my own semen. Did it break my fast? Is it very caloric? I remember from science lesson it was sugary to give energy for little sperms.

What does Veeky Forums think of caloric restriction?
Any practitioners here?
HIIT probably applies too
sciencedaily.com/terms/calorie_restriction.htm
scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
scientificpsychic.com/health/cron1.html
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11683736/Five-day-fasting-diet-slows-down-ageing-and-may-add-years-to-life.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4332519/

Any muscle beyond what little it takes to actually physically move your body is just an energy sink, your body wants to get rid of that shit asap if there isn't enough energy coming in

Underrated post.
So much this.

You can pretty much water fast for as long as you are still fat.
>>pretty much
Save you don't develop Scury or some improbable shit.

There is no evolutionary pressure to store water as it exists virtually everywhere in reasonable quantities. There is, however, significant evolutionary pressure to store food.

So you're either eating like a glutton or fasting? That sounds pretty unhealthy, like shave a few years off your life unhealthy

>to continue losing weight
nevermind, thought that was how you lived, can't read so didn't realize you were in the process of losing.

Why is that girls with meh faces and good bodies are hotter than pretty girls with good bodies.
Or is it just me?