Taking advice from someone who looks like this

>taking advice from someone who looks like this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wPH7RbeLst4?t=7m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=mMT9uRaMTgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>training for over 10y and focusing a major part of your life in lifting weights and fitness and looking like this

I will never understand this.
He also struggles to deadlift 300kg now.

fucking balding old manlet, only a retard would listen to him

Nuckols says the base for strength are muscles and Rippletoe says the base for muscles is strength. One of them is right and it is not Rippletoe.

Most of that time was doing Texasmethod and fucking his back up. He is just another victim of Rippletoe

mfw they all took advice from him

He was actually doing texas method? lmao

he was not, he was part of juggernaut team and he was lead by chad wesley smith not rippletoe

Who is the guy at 6:10. He goes to Tom Purvis and placed 2nd in the Arnold Classic
youtu.be/wPH7RbeLst4?t=7m10s

pic related, he knows it shit inside out. Best fitness channel bar none.

why isnt he jacked now then huh

>Who is the guy at 6:10
Ben Pakulski AKA "I'm the best and I'll win because everybody is a broscientist (doesn't even place in the top 10)" from Generation Iron.

why do you guys keep using these stupid arguments

he looks like shit becauses hes a fatfuck. If he was 8% bodyfat he would look jacked

>taking advice from someone who looks li-

He tried to cut down weight for a while, then appearently stopped.
Now he's weaker than he has been in years and he's still fat.
He will never look good.

My chest is like that, its wide in the middle

>trains for 6 years doing whatever
>suddenly starts copying this guy who lifts in his garage because its unique
>his channel blows up so he trademarks the unique lifts
>oh yeah these jefferson squats made me look like this
hes such a hack

even his ''beard'' is fake its fucking glued on

that is the biggest reason why you never should do a dirty of perma bulk(basicly same thing anyway)

you'll get too fat and by the time you'll get lean youll look like dyel again

thanks for making this shitpost thead OP. I read his bench advice on tucking elbows and I think it's going to help me a lot!

No. Look at Thrall, he looks even worse. Powerlifting is for genetic losers. There are some athletic, talented people but they're better off competing in real sports.
PL is just for social rejects that tell themselves that strength is superior because they know deep down they'll look like shit when they cut. You cant blame them, but makes it difficult to take them serious

He knows his shit, does his research well, cites studies. Lots of his references have been linked lately and some less than fortunate guys dislike it for obvious reasons, notably frame size and muscular potential.
His squat article or book, its 92 pages, is pure gold.

assalamualaikum, brother

he looks like shit because his upperbody is weak and his bodyfat is also high. Also he has been training wrong for years (upperbody mass terms wise), benching once a week for years

people also think bench alone will give you a balanced upperbody, protip it wont

PL is lifting counter-culture, that's why there's so many dorks in it

compare this

to this

>taking advice from someone who looks lie this

but both alan and greg arent great in powerlifting? alan is actually average or even slight below with his strenght and experience

they are just famous on internet so you guys talk about them

>john haack
>gibbs
>sarychev
>wierzbicki

or big time usa roiders like pete rubbish, or this black dude who deadlifts like crazy

youtube.com/watch?v=mMT9uRaMTgY

> Also he has been training wrong for years (upperbody mass terms wise), benching once a week for years

> people also think bench alone will give you a balanced upperbody

who the fuck started this retarded meme? srsly

>but both alan and greg arent great in powerlifting? alan is actually average or even slight below with his strenght and experience
My point exactly. Actual great looking, strong powerlifters are few and far between. That is because sheer muscle size and leanness are not enough to look good.
And real athletes go into other sports

So this... is the power... of the world's strongest man.

Only if you cut like an idiot. A planned cut with proper deficit and strength training during the cut minimizes the actual muscle loss.

Of course one loses top end strength during the cut, but that snaps back very quickly when returning back to a normal caloric intact.

My guess is you know shit about training.

Or they are not so much interested in how good they look vs how much force they can produce. Depending on the weight category system in place for most of them BF% does not matter.

They are playing a game you dolt.

yea, but real athlethes dont train for looks either but I agree with you to some point, beacuse many folks around age of 18-19 starts training and founds out about lifting weights more serious while its to late for being team sport athlethe

Are you retarded? They both have very good upper body development, the key difference is one has wider clavicles and narrower hips and the other has narrower clavicles and wider hips. Neither of them could change anything of those aspects of their physique. Are you trolling?

checked. First guy looks amazing, the other guy not so much

The problem here is that greg still after cutting lost a considerable ammount of strength and he still hasn't even went below 20% bf.
He knows that he will just get even weaker if he cuts more.

The studies he cites you can believe though. But were I a framelet, I'd love to dismiss all his articles as bullshit too

>taking advice from someone looking like this

Both have developed chest, difference is second guy has underdeveloped delts which makes him look weird

How big are this dude's arms? Weren't they like 19" or close to that?
Idk how the fuck he does it.

>taking advice from these dyels

lol

nice quads bro

he needs to work his neck like his life depended on it

someone shoop wide neck on him

what's wrong with texas method? I'm going to start doing a little modifed version of it next week.

That guy on the right( Liao hui) looks big, and lu xiaojun looks big on competition day

Dont think it makes much of a difference.
Its the giraffe neck that kills it

>like his life depended on it
it literally does kek

he needs a new face, nothing will look good on that ghoulish mug of his

Is that Michael from Vsauce, second over from the right?

its the proportions

he looks so narrow in general the overdeveloped pecs make it look like he has tits

Two of these guys have the excuse of being old af

need to hop on roids for bigger shoulders, jaw implant and fat grafting around the eyes

nah it's walter white

He is cutting wrong then. As a matter of fact if he is over 20% BF he can both cut and gain muscle at the same time.

Hes gonna feel like shit, low stamina, low energy and his testosterone is gonna drop, but that part of the cutting game.

Loosing significant muscle during a cut is a rookie mistake.

Losing strength and losing muscle are two completely different things. Which one can we actually tell he's losing? Thought so.

he is most likely barely losing any muscle and is just getting weaker because he is in a caloric deficit

How the fuck is Greg Nuckols, a world record-holding raw drug-free lifter in the IPF, not "great in powerlifting", you stupid cunt?

Bingo

he doesnt hold any record no longer

Has he actually broken any records in the IPF?
I thought he only competed in american lolfeds.

It's fine. They're trying to meme you to justify their poor decisions and laziness.

no it's the fact that he looks like he's half rat half human in the face for gods sake

quote on quote
>Developed 9 IPF world champions, who received 40 gold medals.
>Head coach of the Russian powerlifting team from 1999 to 2005, which was undefeated in international competition, winning 7 European and world championships with every athlete achieving not less than a bronze.
>Published 150 articles, and 15 books on powerlifting
dunno why would you listen to him

hmm....

Boris is an actual genius and actually have real credentials unlike any of these other people. He also coached the junior weightlifting team in the soviet union.

Only comparable coach out there is Dietmar Wolf.

We cant tell what he is losing.

If his deficit is greater than TDEE - 500 a day and he is not taking in enough protein to support his LBM he will lose more muscle mass then he has to. He still has to lift "heavy" during the cut to force the body to maintain muscle mass.

Muscle mass does not automatically translate into strength different styles of training can and do produce different results bigger muscle does not mean stronger.

On a cut he is going to lose his top end strength by 20 to 30% if he is a competitive lifter. Which he should be able to get back with a more caloric rich diet and a competition prep program of 11 to 12 weeks.

he still coaches kiddo weightlifters in russia, does many great seminars and coaching from him isnt actually expensieve

rippetoe - 759$ A MONTH

sheiko - 200$ a month

chad wesley smith also costs like 200, I dont fucking get whats in rip head

>5'5
>shit tier beard
>gay voice

Yes but he coached the junior national team of the soviet union I mean.

Dietmar Wolf was also assistant coach to the West German weightlifting team, and now coaches the Norwegian powerlifting team, arguably the most successful powerlifting team of all time.

>not using openpowerlifting.org

That one has american lolfeds you cuck, goodlift is the official IPF results service

>shilling ipf
>calling someone else a cuck
kek

that was my point
>this
i was surprised by his prices desu, "olympic professional trainers" in my country are charging more and the have zero to none credentials

how do i work my delts to avoid second pic

I seriously want 2 Veeky Forumss.

1) Powerlifting, weightlifting, sports
2) the rest

I honestly don't give a fuck about bodybuilding and muh aesthetics stuff, and i understand that somebody else doesn't give a fuck about squats

work side and rear delts

>taking advice from someone with a Dewalt shirt
Shit tools desu

there is a lot of people who don't give a fuck about that... the problem are aestethicfags who need to make /plg/ style bashing thread here every five minutes just to "prove" how supperior they are...

any particular lifts i should do?

>filename
kek

t. fatties

dumbbell and/or cable lateral raises, facepulls (from above head height and from chest height) , cable rear delt fly, stuff like that.

I seriously wonder why not more people do this. Every fucking day we have people whining about how shitty life is when you're ugly and how they want to kill themselves.
Try plastic surgery before you do this, you moron. If life's still shit (hint: it wont), then kys
I think its his tiny, long-ish skull.

hey the guy who never did sports and lifts only to make himself feel less anxious and shitty

I don't mind the bodybuilding/aesthetic stuff, what kills me is the ottermode twink bullshit. like... why even lift

It's mostly fatties who havent suffered from BDD yet. Once you start seeing gains, the ottermode talk is over

powerlifting is a sport for genetic lottery winners who are naturally strong and can pack on strength fast
a lot of them are fat because they do not give a shit about looks
the ones who are lean are either on gear or have the genetics of a god

this.

Especially rear delts. A lot of guys think that rowing is enough, but isolating them makes your shoulder pop

#
>powerlifting
>sport
>doing only static weightlifting
>developing any kind of athletic ability

Pleb lifter. I look pretty similar and I've been lifting for only 2 years.

I also lift way more than him cause Im not a manlet.

Who do you guys think is the one who gets more girls? The 5'5 YouTuber with Indian girl beard or the 6'4 user that's on tren?

>a lot of them are fat because they do not give a shit about looks
Are people who say this not at all familiar with the sport? I've never seen someone who's competitive in the 83kg category or below who'd be considered fat. In fact, they usually even have abs, because when weight is limited, muscle is going to be more worth it to pack on pound by pound strength, than fat.

A lot of 83s and 93s are midgets that bulk up into the class like Gibbs. Haack and Wierzbicki are both on roids so they don't count.

>this is considered a fat midget on Veeky Forums

Few months ago, he held a seminar at my gym in Europe (didn't attend it though). Really smart guy and all.
The next day I trained, he was there training. And I was just thinking.. "wow, this guy is basically just a fat person". In person he looks worse. Unless people saw him under a barbell, 99% of them would just think that he is a useless fat fuck.

>powerlifters are fat, I swear