WHY CAN'T I DO MORE THAN 20 PUSH-UPS? I'M NOT EVEN FAT. MY ENTIRE UPPER BODY HURTS

WHY CAN'T I DO MORE THAN 20 PUSH-UPS? I'M NOT EVEN FAT. MY ENTIRE UPPER BODY HURTS

>WHY CAN'T I DO MORE THAN 20 PUSH-UPS? I'M NOT EVEN FAT.

you're weak.
do more push-ups.

>MY ENTIRE UPPER BODY HURTS

you have DOMS.
rest.

Should I do more than 20 push-ups straight?

It takes time, I started being unable to perform 20 pushups, I kept doing it every couple of days, and eventually started being able to hammer out dozens of pushups.

Also, be sure that you're not half repping, otherwise you're cheating yourself out of gains.

you should read the fucking sticky and then start a proper bodyweight routine, if that's what you're into

Even if you beat your PR by a single one, and you can continue to do this with diligence, you'll be able to do 40+ pushups in no time.

there's no bodyweight routine in the sticky

Bro, look up "maxing the APFT" in Google. Stew Smith a retired navy seal has some good programs and books for body weight workouts to get your PU count up. Personally I'd say start with doing 10 at a time throughout the day. Until you get to at least 100 do that for a week or 2 then up it to 15 at a time until at least 150... etc. if that doesn't help increase the amount you can do at once then there is something wrong with you

there are several ways to increase your push-up count.
one of them is to do lots of easy sets throughout the day, say do 10 sets of 12 reps, but with 30 minutes of rest in between.

it's practically useless though, just join a gym and start to lift for real.

Pfff, I just found I can only do 3 pull-ups. I can do more than 30 push-ups. Just work on it. You will get stronger before you know it. That's the point of lifting.

>10 sets of 12 reps

EZ MODO? I dunno, I believe user is a real beginner. I doubt his body could handle this routine.

I'm assuming he can do 20 straight
30 min rest for 12 would be practically full recovery

How much can you bench press?

Lets see that body. Then we can talk about why you can't do 20 pushups.

It's not like doing 20 (or more) pushups will give you a noticeably better body

Yeah I just want to see how fat he is. I bet chris chan could even do 7.

>Do 25 push ups every single morning
>The last 5 take a lot of effort but I complete them nonetheless
>It's been like this for months
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. And before you ask that I do more, I hit fatigue at 20 and collapse at 25.

Do you wake up in the morning and do 25 pushups and thats it? Because if that is the extent of your workout regimen you will get anywhere past where you are now

I do push up sets of 20. How long should my set break be?

I do 15x15, aka 15 sets of 15 push ups, with around 30-60secs rest in between, depending on how I feel that morning.

Yeah its a morning routine, just get up and warm up, and do them, takes like 15-20 mins max.

Just keep doing them every day and you will improve.

Start today with 20
Tomorrow do 25 (push for 30)
Every day just add a few more till you can't anymore.
Then do your max until it's easy mode and raise it again.

Stop being a weak cunt

Of course not. I go to the gym four times a week and spend 3+ hours in it each time. I've already spent 6 months lifting since I started.

3 hours in the gym is likely going to overtrain you man. Nutrition, and rest have their place.

I've heard it said that anything over 30 minutes to an hour and a half is likely to harm your gains more than help you.