Subway redpill

So, Subway is known to be the "healthy fastfood", I've been eating it for years, so, is it true, or is it bullshit? I've heard that the chicken has soy in it. what are the ramifications of that?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2017/03/01/subway-chicken-only-50-meat-according-canadian-study/98582250/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of course it's bullshit, it's fast food. It's marginally better than McBurgerKing but it's still greasy mystery meat.

>So, Subway is known to be the "healthy fastfood", I've been eating it for years, so, is it true, or is it bullshit?

Look at the pic you posted. White bread, meat, and cheese with a few scraps of lettuce for color and half a roma tomato.

Fuck well I guess that's it boys. While we're here is sushi any good? or is the rice too calorie heavy if you're trynna cut?

Its a meme. Subway used to be good, but now its all synthetic gas station shit. Pic related.

The chicken is likely injected with water, much like supermarket chicken to make it look like you are getting more meat than you actually are. I think adddinf soy is a myth.

its heathly enough if you get wheat bread and get lean meat + salad - no sauces or cookies, etc

wheat bread, turkey, carrot, tomato, lettuce is only 550kcal for a ft long

>processed meat

their chicken is fucking rubber

I'd rather eat taco bell than subway

Those cantina power burrito macros are godly

all meat is processed unless you kill the animal yourself

Sashimi is GOAT if you've got the pockets for it

>Processed meat refers to meat that has been transformed through salting, curing, fermentation, smoking, or other processes to enhance flavour or improve preservation.

Subway is absolutely abhorrent and has been since its inception

>first that smell of the restaurant like its a hospital
>bread that all tastes the same just different colored
>processed lunch meat and cheese (have you seen how the cheese literally liquefies if you leave it in the fridge)
>vegetables sitting in those bins for how long, hours days?
>make sure to put exactly one layer of garbage meat and cheese then 6 pounds of lettuce and their nasty veegtables that belong nowhere near a sandwich like olives and bell peppers
>pass this slop off as "healthy" with a pedophile spokesman

fuck off

Fun fact about the smell, they pipe that shit in because it makes customers hungrier and more likely to buy more food

>While we're here is sushi any good?
depends on the roll.
The rice can be over kill on some types of rolls, but it's usually a pretty good ratio of carb/protein due to the fish.
I prefer the kind that's seaweed on the outside, thin-ish layer of rice, another seaweed stripe, at least two types of protein (usually tuna and carb), a veg (usually avocado or shredded carrots), topped with a fish eggs and other such shit. never use that spicy mayo shit or sauces in general, it's full of needless calories and overpowers the actual taste of the roll.

Learning to make my own sushi was one of the best things I ever did. Bitches love it, tasty as fuck, and finger food (fuck gook sticks) is the bees knees

Ive seen this a lot lately. Does "fun fact" mean "shit I made up and/or saw on reddit once?" because that seems to be the only context it is ever used

Having worked there this is all true

nah that's just the smell the bread makes when it's rising

Fucking delicious I usually get steak, which one do you get?

Chipotle tastes better and has better macros, also Subway raised their prices so a $6 sub costs almost the same as a burrito.

I concur.

Well, you can choose the type of bread, cheese, etc.

It's definitely better than McDonald's or Burger King. That said, I wouldn't eat it more than once a week.

I used to be a manager of a subway back in the day.

Most of these "fun facts" that people keep mentioning are completely false.

And now you're an e-shill for your regional marketing team

I usually get the chicken, but I always go back and forth

All the bread is still simple carbs but as you can choose what's on the sub. Wouldn't eat regularly either.

Would say chipotle is way better but the line isn't worth it at my local place.

>letting niggers rummage through wilted fake vegetables that are sitting out all day
>eat fresh (tm)

Well OP even many olympic athletes eat subway many times a week.

Personally i carb the fuck up and i'm still lean (young, playing sports and physically active). I think some hobbyists take the diet part too far or too strictly, unless they don't feel like they have to stress about it.

Just eat and stay active.

I was with you until
>nasty veegtables that belong nowhere near a sandwich like olives and bell peppers
SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

My view on Subway is the same as any other fast food place; MAYBE 1 or 2 items I can order once in a blue moon if I'm forced to when out with a group. Just don't ever let marketing convince you that one place or another is an exception to this rule.

Spoken like a subway shill.

If you want a good sandwich go to Publix. There subs are amazing and makes anything made by Subway taste like shit.

olives belong on everything

banana peppers are for plebs

the very nature of fast food isn't what you'd call 'healthy'
they process and cook the meats in some mechanised kitchen a thousand miles away, pack it with preservatives, freeze it and ship it out to the stores scattered around the world where they reheat and sell it
same goes for the bread, but at least subway actually bake the premade dough in their stores rather than defrost ready made buns

They show the calories, but anything you ask to be added to the sandwich that isn't the base amount of meat is not calculated

shit food make your own fucking sandwich

Fuck you
Has fit become a shill place?

let's be honest
people go to subway or order pizza to make the monkey dance for them
having food prepared for you and brought to your front door makes you feel like a king

The mistake people make, including many in this thread, is assuming "fast food" automatically = "bad".

If you eat 15 Big Macs a day, you'll get fat as fuck. But what's in them? Bread, some meat, bit of salad, few slices of fake cheese, and some sauce.

The fact is it's no more "unhealthy" than buying the finest steak and frying it yourself, chopping your own veg, adding the finest cheese, and putting it on homemade bread. In fact, that might be even more unhealthy as lets face it, McDonalds burgers tend to be very "dry" compared to a burger you've fried/grilled yourself.

I'm not saying this shit is healthy, but it's no-where near as unhealthy as people like to make out.

It's just years of fat useless cunts blaming everyone and everything but themselves, and as a huge corporation, McDonalds and the like get it in the neck.

It is YOUR fault you got fat from eating McDonalds five times a day for 20 years, NOT theirs.

As for Subway - it's just bread, meat, and salad. No more or less healthy than bread, meat, and salad from any other source.

Having people bring you food makes you a fat piece of shit.

They literally bake bread in the store you fucking retard. Unless that's what you mean by "piped in"?

What do they do, buy canisters of "Subway smell" and hook it up to the AC?

Subway made me throw up TWICE

Fuck that shitty place. I hope they go bankrupt.

>he doesn't know about the Subway Smell (TM)

>implying the soy "chicken" is even chicken
lol i saw some analysis of the chicken at subway that said ~75% wasn't even chicken meat

Healthy food literally doesn't exist. Just food. You can eat too much of any kind of food. Eat 5kg rice and see what happens to you. Sugar is bad for you but real food doesn't have sugar in it. If food has sugar then it's just snacks

If I'm forced to eat fastfood, I eat at subway
I normally get a 6" flatbread, spicy italian, no cheese, olives, tomato, spinach, onions, no sauce
it's apparently under 500 calories

>fruits and vegetables
>no sugar

At least try to hide your retardation user.

>not citing a single source, even an anecdotal one

and you have scientific proof that it was the Subway, not something else you ate in the previous 24-48 hours or a vomiting bug?

Ugh

What? Those aren't food. Food is something like 800 calories. A proper fucking meal. Salad has like 100 calories in one kilo

usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2017/03/01/subway-chicken-only-50-meat-according-canadian-study/98582250/

Newsflash - The definition of "food" is not your job.

>this retard gives advice on Veeky Forums

>if you get wheat bread

Wait they offer even worse bread?

Are you saying that you eat 2 apples during lunch at work? How do you function?

healthy

You can get orders without bread, they make salads so the employees are usually willing to toss everything into a container. I did this once and they gave me a lot more compared to what would've been on the grinder, too.

But for me Subway is kind of last choice because one of them gave me food poisoning and there are a lot of other places that make good sandwiches.

Download the chipotle app and order on it. Walk in. Laugh at people in line. Go straight to cashier and get your food. Why the fuck are you waiting in line?

it's fast food with fresh vegetables, just don't get shredded lettuce and chicken there.

my go-to sandwich there
>wheat/multigrain flatbread
>tuna
>pepper jack cheese
>have it toasted
>spinach
>cucumber
>tomato
>avocado
>creamy sriracha sauce

this is fucking bomb af

>bomb
>af
quit talking like a nigger

Again, did it definitely give you food poisoning?

Most people who say they have "food poisoning" tend to simply have vomiting bugs. But they blame food. As they don't blame their own food, they'll blame wherever they last ate out.

Used to manage a restaurant and got this all the time. Funnily enough it would always happen when there was a vomiting bug doing the rounds, and no one else who ate at or around that time was ill, which they would have been if it was an issue with our food. When asked if they'd like to report it officially and get tested, as we were "obviously concerned it could be an issue with our food" they'd conveniently back down.

Uh can I get the wheat bread salad with turkey no dressing? Toasted please

I used to work there, the food is fucking gross. Only acceptable sandwiches are spicy Italian, bmt, and steak and cheese. Everything else is either overpriced or just gross, especially the fucking meatball fuck anyone who orders that

My gf and I make something called "Sushi Bowl."

Find a place that sells sushi fish, if you're in a city there's almost always somewhere cheap. Thaw the fish, cut it up, mix it with some cucumber, avocado, a bit of rice, maybe some ginger and soy sauce.

It's pretty damn tasty, and feels good afterwards.

>quit talking differently from me!!!

Kill yourself

Low key i work there and it's just the bread

Smells like shit by the way don't know how that can make anyone hungry

That almost happened with my mom. She thought she had food poisoning. She was complaining about it all through the family Easter brunch. Turns out she had the norovirus. As everyone else who attended that brunch quickly found out.