Is this acceptable form?

Hi Veeky Forums, I want to start deadlifting and I've been following people on social media. People praise this girl and say perfect form etc but this looks a little weird. Is it proper?

looks fine except her upperback is rounded

filthy sumo curry scum

Round upper back.
People on socmed are always too "polite" and pc, they'd never honestly help anyone because they'd fear it sounds arrogant or condescending

>upper back rounding is bad

if youre deadlifting 90kg it is

>a heavy weight isn't relative to the person

grip too close feet too wide.

what do you mean? isn't sumo supposed to be closer??
is it bad? the picture threw me off sorry

Fuck sumo lifts

>what do you mean? isn't sumo supposed to be closer??
he is implying that she should be doing conventional

I've never done sumo, but for some reason the only people I ever see doing sumo are grills. Is there some meme workout advice out there that tells them conventional is bad and to do sumo instead?

you can lift less weight, but it's easier to perform correctly. women don't care about lifting heavy as much as men

Ain't the best, no.

>implying you made an argument

>you can lift less weight

literally the opposite for most people, though it depends at higher rep ranges. Sumo up to 300 kg is meme range, the strongest female powerlifter I know can sumo DL 220 kg yet only bench 80

literally not. I don't know anyone lifting more sumo than conventional. I tried to switch once and did sumo exclusively for a few months. I could lift about 20kg less using the sumo stance when I started. my sumo weight went up, but so did the conventional. the difference between sumo and conventional was practically the same when I switched back.

Some people can't get into the position for conventional, for example if they have really wide hips or if they have short arms and long legs, both of which often apply to women.

Less focus on core strength, more focus on hips and hamstrings; so it's easier for girls because it focuses on their strengths

The dead-lift is an isometric lift. All parts of the back need to work together not congruently but in unison. Tell me how that's perfectly achieved if the upper back is rounded you dumb faggot?

>these are the people on Veeky Forums giving trying to give sarcastic advice

A rounded upper back is fine. It makes the weight easier to break off the ground at the expense of making it harder to lock out. If you're competing in strongman, where hitching is allowed, you'll usually pull with some degree of upper back rounding.

A rounded upper back is, and I really struggle to say this, acceptable. However, by no means is it preferred and nobody in the gym training deadlifts should aspire to train with a rounded upper back. A rounded upper back is a sign that the back is not working isometrically. It can be an indication that the spine and the head are out of alignment, that the lats aren't working well enough, the traps aren't being utilized, or it could lead to lower back rounding.

I'm going to list situations in which a rounded upper back is acceptable.

1. 1RM

That's it.

>If you're competing in strongman, where hitching is allowed, you'll usually pull with some degree of upper back rounding.

This supports what I've said even more. With strongman comps massive amounts of weight is being moved and with heavy weight comes the loss of strict form, hence the utilization of upper back rounding and hitching. Hitching, even more so that upper back rounding, should be avoided.