Veeky Forums Recipe Thread

Post your best Veeky Forums recipes in here.

Just made some of this Supersaag.

It might look like shit, but it tastes fucking great. I'll post the recipe/stats pic in a sec. Among the benefits are:

>7 of your 5 a day in 1 portion
>Only 400 cals/portion
>Nice amount of carbs/fat/etc
>Shitload of vitamins/minerals
>Test-increasing ingredients (allegedly)
>Cheap

Other urls found in this thread:

thespruce.com/how-to-make-icelandic-skyr-2952738
imgur.com/a/5nbmA
completefoods.co/diy/recipes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how to make skyr:

>heat 1 gal skimmed milk to 190 degF
>stir constantly near the scalding point
>remove from heat and cool to 110 degF
>cool 1 cup milk separately, add a few tbsp of skyr when room temp
>boil chlorine out of water (americans), cool 1/4 cup to room temp
>add 10 drops rennet to water, then immediately mix everything together with the warm milk
>cover with blanket, incubate overnight
>strain out whey for most of the next day (until firm)

to use the whey:

>add 1 cup to blender
>at least 5 kale leaves
>as much fruit as you want
>wheat bran, nutritional yeast, honey, bee pollen, etc
>poppy, chia, sesame, sunflower seeds, etc.
>now you have gains juice

to use the skyr:

>mix with honey, poppy, chia, etc., and add granola

>spread on bread with cucumbers

>make cold cream soups

This sounds like industrial shit, but I do like Skyr.

I've seen this before, but I've never tried it. It seems legit, though. I'm can't spot the portion size. How many servings does this recipe make?

It makes 2 portions. 1 per day, which you can divide/eat through the day.

It took a little more work than what I usually make, but it's a really tasty way to get your greens/micronutrients/etc.

how do you mean "industrial"? if you like skyr, a 2-oz bottle of rennet costs $5, a gallon of milk $3-4, and you get almost 3 quarts of skyr + the whey

compare to $3 for a tiny serving of siggi's. as long as you hit the temps and be patient with draining, skyr is viking-tier easy to make

Luckily Skyr's pretty cheap in the UK.

2 450g tubs (= 100g protein) for £2.50

It's probably be cheaper to make it yourself even still. Milk is dirt cheap in the UK right now (

I'm interested in this recipe but found your instructions really confusing- I'm guessing English isn't your first language? Do you have a link to somewhere else with this recipe?

lucky indeed. the cheapest skyr I can find is $5 for 12 oz, made by a local farm. greek yoghurt goes for $8 a quart here, kefir is $3.50 a pint, and filmjolk is almost nonexistent

for urban americans, culturing your own milk is the only way to go. next target of mine: hard cheeses

I like the $30/lb imported artisan tier cheeses, but for the same reason I make my own belgian ales, it's more cost effective and character-building to DIY

Sounds like broscience.

Nigga I'm not reading all of that. Fucking whole meals for four in a cookbook don't have that much writing.

you should get familiar with the basic cheesemaking process:

>heat milk
>inoculate with bacterial culture
>add rennet to curdle it and wait
>cut the curd
>drain the whey
>if making hard cheese, mold and incubate

the skyr recipe I use is at thespruce.com/how-to-make-icelandic-skyr-2952738

note that 7 drops animal rennet seems like not enough. next time I'm doing 10 drops per gallon

Only like the top 1/3 is the recipe.

Everything beneath is nutrition stats/etc.

>1 gallon = 4 cups

What do you do with all the leftover whey/etc?

BEST MEAL (only meal I can cook well)

chicken stir fry:

some chicken (a breast or two)-marinate in soy sauce and oyster sauce before cooking.

kale - more than you would think , it shrinks

capsicun, onion (1), celery

sweet soy sauce (ABC)

OYSTER SAUCE (not too much )

BROWN rice

use rice bran oil and fry over very high to high heat in a wok. order is onions, chicken (until brown, better overcoocked than under), then all the other shit. add sauces while cooking

I did not add measurements there is no need. this meal is very good and I am willing to reply to emails for further advice (will accept paypal)

I made the chart in pic related to show how many of the ingredients in my meal are necessary for gains .

please enjoy

how much celery do you use?

generally I use 2 or 3 because this meal is GREAT for leftovers. I will cook it up and then have lunch and dinner for the next 3 nights.

I don't have a wok :((((

that's okay!
just use the biggest metal thing you have, doesn't matter what it is . all that matters is that you keep the heat as high as you can

whole bunch of em right here:
imgur.com/a/5nbmA

this actually sounds pretty good lol. might make it because I'm a sucker for an easy feed

a gallon is 4 quarts homeboy, not 4 cups

you should expect ~2.5 quarts of skyr and ~1 quart of whey per gallon of milk

the leftover whey can be used in smoothies, or if you end up with >1 gallon of whey, reduced and pressed into a kind of cheddar cheese

NOTE: it is important that the rice is cooked seperatly. I like to cook my rice in rice cooker but if you do not have one that's fine as well. Just use a saucepan and steam it

I never got around to trying this one. has anyone made it before?

Herbs and spices won't increase test unless you're at sub-optimal levels in the first place. It's ok, almost everyone is for a reason or another, so it will do SOME good, but don't expect miracles, it will just fix some of the damage.

Nutritionally, it looks good! I don't like that you're buzzing it down to a sauce, I usually just sautee the greens in butter (similar herbs/spice mix, but with chili on top) and call it a day.

>Never brined chicken
Do it.
BTW, you don't need sugar in the brine, it just makes the process faster (don't put more salt to make up for the sugar, or it will be too much).
The sugar in the brine won't help browning the chicken, but in a marinade or glaze it would, quite dramatically.

Can you do this without the instant pot? I have a regular pressure cooker

I just used a normal pot with the lid, albeit a huge one.

Don't think the pressure cooker/etc is necessary.

thanks man, I will try this, I love Indian food.

I didn't buzz it down that much. It's more like a chunky salsa dip, pretty good consistency.

Buy a blender.
Add Banana = Banana Milkshake! (Magnesium)

Add Chocolate Powder = Chocolate Milkshake! (Magnesium)

Add Peanut Butter = Peanut Butter Milkshake!

Add frozen fruit = Fruit Smoothie!

Add Spinach or Kale = Tastes bleh, so combine with above

Add crushed Garlic = DIGESTION SO AMAZE

Simmer Milk and add Turmeric + Black Pepper = Much Health, good for inflammation

Add Honey to any of the above = Palatable

Great chef

The blender is the most useful tool of the kitchen. With experience you just drop stuff together and make a paste that is nutritionally good for you and tasty too.

DIY Soylent Recipes: completefoods.co/diy/recipes

Was about to make thread about this. Can you answer this for me breh

>don't have a instant cookcer, will rice cooker work for this
>confused if i follow the ingredient list- how many grams does all of it make and how many grams is one serving of this?

thanks

Rice cooker will work fine, but no point making it any harder than it needs to be. I just used a big stew pot.

>confused if i follow the ingredient list- how many grams does all of it make and how many grams is one serving of this?

For me it was about 1kg total. 500g/day, which seems to line up with what it says at the bottom (500g leafy green pre-workout meal).