Veeky Forums General - Chicken Tendies Edition

Previous thread
youtube.com/watch?v=iOEjs8qW8n4

Who is /fat/ for?

Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight
>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

ME HUNGY

If I lose weight slowly will I still have the excess skin problem? I'd probably need to crowdfund the medical fees if I had to get surgery.

>Veeky Forums General

how tall are you and what was your starting weight?

I just purchased a digital scale. I'm going to go full autismo with this shit

6'6"
Probably 380/400

for max autism get a tape measure and a book. then use it to take measurements of your gut arms chest hips ...even your pinky size if u want max autism user...

Do you actually measure your arms or chest? I understand Gut or hips, but those others have gotta be a meme

gonna have loose skin regardless

> Veeky Forums General
d-did i made it?

got new pants, /fat/. went from a 38 waist to a 34, and i still need a belt with the 34's. also starting to get some muscle definition, which is nice. bodyfat test and weigh in on friday. weighed myself for shits and giggles today (about 3pm) and i'm already 1.5lbs down for the week.
also, DEADLIFTS TOMORROW LADS. HANDS STILL HURT BUT FUCKIT

Probably not yet, but you´ll make it.

does anybody here has the same problem as me? im a size 30-32 in my waist for pants however my thighs and calves can only fit in size 34s

same desu. it's from all the squatz

chest for man boob tracking arms for swoleness...it also helps with finding clothes that fits especialy in asia where sizes are shit. but it helps when the scale isnt moving, imagine being stuck at 155 for 3 weeks on a 1000 kcal cut. butu can see that gut shrink from 38 to 32 inches around feel so good when scale is being a bitch.

Congrats! Keep it up.

measuring your chest is super helpful for ordering clothes. sizing is hella unreliable. i have a shirt that's called XL with a 47" chest and a shirt that's called XL with a 42" chest

>tfw it's ebt part of the month and all the meats are sky high

thanks m8! not too far from my goal (if i'm about right, i'll be 10.6% at 160lbs) so i'm sure as hell not giving up now

Noice. Due to vacation I haven't really gotten to stick to my macros (up until now). I'm at 27% BF and hoping to go down to 18%.

you may think you are plateauing but you could still be losing inches

i started at about 28%, plus or minus 2%. currently 17% and honestly it's been the easiest since getting under 20%. once you drop around there, if you're anything like me your appetite will shrink and energy will go up.
keep going my man, and i'd recommend going a bit further if you can stick with it. calorie partitioning is more beneficial in the 10-15% range. a guy at 12% will gain more muscle and less fat, while eating the same surplus, as a guy at 22%. that was my reason to shoot for 10%. cutting sucks,so i want to be able to be in a lean mass phase for as long as possible

Wie geht's, mein dicke freund?

That's awesome! Since I have a long period of time where I can keep a regular gym schedule, I've really got my weights routine under control. I'll probably shoot for a lower body fat once I reach 18%, but that's just my current goal.

*dicker
*Freund

Gut, dick bin ich aber schon eher nichtmehr.

I'm rusty as fuck lol. I don't get to practice as much as I'd like which sucks.

Any hope for me at 260 max and 6'3"? 19 years old if that matters
Lp

Still better than most other non native speakers.
Just remember that every noun is written with a uppercase first letter and that adjectives are genderd.
I hope my english isn´t as bad as I think.

Yeah, I know the nouns are capitalized and all, I'm just a degenerate phone poster and was being lazy. It's remembering what is gendered how that trips me up the most

Your english is fine my guy. If you are or have lived in Germany, is it true they start teaching you guys english from a really young age? We don't really get made to learn a language here until the later years of secondary school. And even then it's often optional.

eh you'll probably be fine

fat fucks

Lots of hope. And that height is a blessing - you can lose weight, I can't gain hight. When you're down to 200lbs you're gonna have so much fun.

A story /fat/:

>Today I'm walking home from work and I pass a city worker emptying the sidewalk trash bins. As I go past I hear "Hey dude!", I turn and the guy asks me "How much weight have you lost?".

> I say "about 70 pounds", he replies "looked more like 100. I've seen you walking around. People notice. Good job." He then shot me a thumbs up.

>I told him he had made my day and walked home.

I still have a long way to go with my diet, so not exactly a mire. And maybe I just got cruised and was too oblivious to notice. Still. Felt good.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

maybe he wants to fuck?

Would walking with some jogging every day for cardio and a few days of HIIT be ok for someone just getting into moving their body again? Or would that make fat loss too fast?

20-40 mins of walking + 8 mins of jogging then sprinting full on back and forth for HIIT too much for a beginner? (skinnyfat fuck, bad knees, probably won't even be able to do full 8 minutes for a while lol)

Jesus maintening a cut on a hospital is the worst fucking shit. Todays option was fucking hamburguers. Can't believe I'm still making it.
45lbs down in 3 months.

The thought crossed my mind. Still a good feeling honestly.

nice looks like you're making it

any exercise will do good, but jogging with higher weight is bad for the joints. Biking or swimming might be better is an option. its fine to do most stuff just listen to your body. to fast fat probably won't happen if, cal in cal out.
ask if they have other options.
my dad had 3 choices one veg and on for different religions and normal

Go slowly. Start just walking for a while, then start jogging, and pay attention to your knees before doing HIIT.

It's easy to push yourself beyond what's sustainable, particularly when you're first starting. I realize it's frustrating, but it's a lot less frustrating than aggravating a knee injury.

Can we add something in the topic about basic requirements to ask for help?

Something like

1) Post your height, weight, and age
2) Post your average daily calories over the past week from MyFitnessPal or your site/program of choice

I've seen a lot of stupid posts recently where people aren't tracking their calories and some who don't even know how much they weigh. It's getting ridiculous.

confess

I did, hamburguer was the best macroes out of them all. Sad, right?

I ate 15 ravioli for dinner tonight because I didn't feel like defrosting my chicken in water

Also I guess it's 3am and I haven't gone to sleep yet

you're a huge fucking retard, dude.
Not everyone needs to be an autist about it to make good progress.

There's absolutely no reason to count calories precisely, if you're honest to yourself and check macros on everything.

Are salted nuts healthier/unhealthier than nonsalted? Roasted shit like almonds in a can, trying to avoid GMO'd shit. Recently discovered olive oil I had was fake

Ok, ty guys. After a month or so would it be ok to up the intensity?

I think salted nuts have added oil, to keep the salt on them, not sure though.

thats a good idea

what are macros

tfw refeed after 3 weeks of PSMF and now look muscular and thick as fuck, its really making me consider starting to put on mass again but I am still 169 lbs at 5'7 and maybe 18%BF

You're a huge fucking retard, dude, if you don't realize how delusional fat fucks can be.

Is this your first time on /fat/?

Progression is going to depend on how you feel when exercising. If you're feeling really solid, not just during the exercise, but the next day as well, start incrementally adding intensity or extra time and distance.

Basically the two big traps are: 1) When you're first starting out you push yourself too hard do something that's not sustainable because you don't know your body's responses yet.

2) You get too greedy with progression, and wind up exhausting yourself. I've heard it referred to as "Training to injury".

repent, 10x3 pushups, 10x3 ab-wheel rollouts

No, and i know good and well, how it CAN be, but those fatties who don't fix their mindset first won't make it calorie counting or no. Once you have the mindset though, you can make progress however the fuck you want.

Also, weight doesn't matter, body composition matters, i don't own a scale, i own a mirror, maybe measuring waist has a point though.

And again, if you manage to eat at deficit, but eat junk food daily, you might make it, but WILL relapse.

This is about changing your lifestyle to feel better, not a fucking maths class.

yeah a burger probably was the best choice. well made and homemade it can be quite nice a have great macros.

Salted stuff can be good or bad kinda depends on you daily salt intake. and loss is. but in general we eat more than twice what we need, so low salt is good.
also GMO aren't inherently dangerous or anything some save lifes like crazy like golden rice. they are the most researched stuff beside artificial sweeteners like Aspartame. dont let memes like "gultenfree" fuck with your diet and add stress.

train progressive but not to failure, avoid muscle soreness. dont force yourself to if your hurt no shame in walking home if you got blisters. increase in small continuous steps, and track your data. for example track your time. and run 1 min longer or 100m more every few days. don't be scare of fluctuations you will have easy days and hard days. fast and slow.

fucking nuts. eat nothing but protein all day with some veggies for dinner. cave and eat a cup worth of pistachios and handful of honey roasted cashews. not gonna make it

why do you have so little protein in your diet?

I ate a little bag of flaming hot Cheetos today. :(

Didn't go over my calories though, but I did hit my limit before any sort of 'dinner'.

People that talk like that are probably just trolling anyway. They usually come back with bullshit excuses.

Landed under 319 today, think I was around 323 when I started. Feels John Goodman.

can sleeping affect your weight loss?
ive been starting to play wow again and have been sleeping at least 6 hours/day instead of the usual 8. im not sure if that affects my progress or something

I had such a good start this year but now I've let myself go week after week and I'm well above my initial weight.
I'm losing trust in myself, I feel like no matter how well I recover, a crisis like this can undo everything.
The prospect of this going on for the rest of my life makes me sick.

well, being tired lowers willpower, increases risk of overeating, and if you're fat you might want to pick up a hobby that's not wow.
I doubt it directly affects weight loss though, no.

HEY FATTY,

YOU'RE FAT!

I had sex with my wife's brother in our bedroom

didn't swallow, so didn't meet my protein macro for the day ;_;

Forgive me /fat/her for I have sinned.
I tried to make social gains and pigged out on selfmade sandwiches, chips, roasted peanuts and alcohol.

I wore a tshirt today without feeling subconscious...
26 BMI down from 36...

Such a great feeling.

not bad
we are all going 2 make it
fag

5'7 170 lbs just started TRT 120mg test /week should I cut or bulk? I look like this guys before picture, maybe a bit wider hips

Not sure if you should be in /fat/, but if i were you i'd keep toning for summer, then bulk at fall.

>one day soon

get the fuck out of /fat/ you homotardfag
nice nipples btw

>tfw hard to keep motivated knowing that even if I make it, I will still have my ugly big nose

Any /ugly/ anons here? How do you deal with it?

>arms used to be flabby
>i can now feel some definition in my delts and my biceps when I flex

Feels good fellow /fat/bros. I'm gonna make it!

>Veeky Forums general

delete this

i miss these so much

holy fuck why am I so damn hungry after my refeed day? it's like a voice telling me to go buy a lot of junk food and devour it. Fuck me, I wasn't even remotely hungry yesterday but Veeky Forums told me to
refeed so I reset my leptin or something

>Once you have the mindset though, you can make progress
>weight doesn't matter
>i don't own a scale, i own a mirror
>not a fucking maths class

Never going to make it.
Shows over, fatties. Get back to counting your kcals.

What about me? 5'6" 210 lbs. at my worst. I want a flat stomach but I'll be crushed if I end up with loose skin.

I was 250 pounds at 5'7 when I was 15, lost 100 pounds on a crash diet and the only marks on my body left are some white stretch marks on my lats and arms.

If I don't get enough sleep, I'm more hungry the next day. Don't know why that is tho.

I was doing fine yesterday until I got home from work and binged on all this shit I could find. I went 1000+ calories over my deficit.

>tfw you want to go on DNP just so that the weight loss goes faster

Nice. Gives me hope. Thanks man.

what and how much of it do you eat on your refeed days? You know it is supposed to be around 600 kcal (depending on your daily intake) and fit your macros, right?

I had 3000 calories worth of mostly carbs after 3 weeks of PSMF. I looked really full and muscular today and my workout was amazing but I am hungry as hell now and trying to rationalize eating again in my mind.

>when i was 15
A decade might change a lot. Most damage can be fixed at 15.

I was also 5'6" 210lbs at my worst, l'm halfway through at 170lb and no loose skin so far, but it doesn't even seem like my body has changed much, the next 40lbs better do something.

remove literally everything non-essential in your place

at this point the only food that is in my house at any given time is
>couple tubs of cottage cheese
>box of fiber one
>apples/bananas
>random vegetables
>canned tuna/sardines
>meal prepped chicken/rice/veg
>protein bars I take to work for lunch

I know how weak I am. So I remove any temptations.

How old are you? I'm 19 and about 160 lbs right now. Doesn't look like I have loose skin but my stomach has always kind of hung down a little. I think even when I hit my goal weight I'll have a bit of a pouch, but I can dream of flat stomachs in my sleep.

Going to do a 24 hour water/coffee fast just for today. Wish me luck, lads.

Thanks for the tip, I'll figure out what I can throw in the trash.

>3000 calories of carbs
Dude... The hunger is probably your insulin sensitivity hitting up on you hard. Don't ever do that again if you don't want to binge eat yourself to twice as fat as you were before.

At 19 you'll probably be fine. Do you have stretch marks on your stomach? If you do it might be a good indication that it won't snap back that easily, otherwise you're all good.

It's my friend's birthday this weekend and we'll be eating at this vegan restaurant. What am I in for lads?

vegan food probably

Yeah, I have stretch marks. If I rub myself with lotion will that help at all?

that's a cycle I don't want to be stuck in. if I'd binge today again I'd be hungry tomorrow too and repeat until all my progress would be lost. Just gonna chug some diet coke and get over this shit,

Very good reasoning, user, truly exceptional.

I'm already down from 125 kg to 95, but that doesn't say much cause i've put on a good amount of muscle too, little to no effort, cook my own food, i only do a guesstimate count at purchase, no processed shite, never any soda, and i don't need to look at a spreadsheet to motivate myself, because the lifestyle doesn't require motivation, while you're here typing "I fucked up bad /fat/" every three days.

Good luck on making it.

Again, precise calorie counting is useless unless you're a hamplanet who needs to boost his self-control every time the wind blows some burger smell around.

Could throw together a progress pic if you don't believe me.