Do I need pull ups when I have rows, do I need rows when I have pull ups?

Do I need pull ups when I have rows, do I need rows when I have pull ups?

I don't believe in rows. All I do for back is deadlifts, chin ups and reverse flys with the machine

I'm dyel though

>Need
You only need oxygen, water and food.
>Should you do rows
I dunno mate, should you bench if you already OHP? I think you know the answer

Yes. Yes.

There's a reason I included that pic pham.
According to this rows work all the muscles pull ups work so why wouldn't I just do more rows instead of pull ups? Asking not complaining

Pull ups hurt my shoulder so I just do rows. I also don't do bench because of my shoulder

Everybody forgets the correct air pressure of about 101 325 Pa. And love.

But actually the only thing everybody really must do is die. This thought always calms me down

Might as well not train upper body at all

I have biceps tendinitis, maybe you too

Chinups move your humerus through a much larger range of motion, and they are also way harder to cheat on. You have to consciously kick up your legs to cheat on a chinup while cheating on rows is more intuitive. If you desperately want to do only one of the two, I'd do chinups as chinups and deadlifts work literally every single back muscle, both concentrically and isometrically.
But if you can do both, why not do both.

I don't currently do 2-handed rows because I'm training through an L5/S1 disc herniation and I don't want to put that kind of tension on my lower back. I do, however, do dumbbell rows, because I can support myself with my other hand. In my opinion, pull-ups are pretty hard to beat. However, for me, close-grip underhand pull-downs are the exercise that provides the greatest back gains.

Yes but inverted body weight rows. Not Pendlay. They're a meme.

>both train back so i better do one
stop being a cookie cutter

pullups hits nearly the entire upperbody, from chest to lats. Rows only work the back but theres a key difference, rows put more emphasis on the muscles in the mid back(like rear delts and mid traps) area which pullups dont

As someone who could do one arm chin ups for reps before I ever did a single bent over row,

>DO BOTH

A vertical pull and a horizontal pull are two different motions with partial carry-over.

I do both because volume reasons. But I really enjoy weighted chin-ups best for my back. If you want to do a shit ton of Rows OP go ahead should be fine.

>being able to bend at the hip in the first place without using your back.
Am I the only one around here who can't do that? I literally can not bend at the waist, I can only bend my back.

Bend at the knees too you idiot, and also work on hamstring mobility

You are literally unable to do the most basic and most important movement pattern for lifting? The Hip Hinge? srsly?

>do Pendlay rows
>try and keep a straight back
>lower back aches after anyway

hmmm

I'll keep training, you go ahead and give up though

I recently added rows after doing SS for 2,5 months, and I feel extremely uncomfortable doing them.

On my third set I frequently can no longer pull the bar physically to my sternum anymore, I do not cheat at ALL on my reps and it just feels awful, I hope it gets better over time.

You'll get used to it, really focus on bringing your scapula together and pulling with your back, dont even engage your arms at all, they are just there to hold the bar

Tfw you can get a decent squeeze rowing 155lbs but the second you try going to 160 it feels like you're not engaging your back anymore at all

why do i feel my forearms while performing this movement?

maybe because i do it after deadlifting?

This user knows. Especially on rows people cheat so fucking much, unintentionally even. Most people "throw" the weight back. Do you both, its not that hard

gripping the barbell works on your forearms its normal

It can be a bit tricky for a beginner but you get used to it,bend your knees and most importantly tighten your shoulder blades to prevent it from arcing and then go down,practice it a bit infront of the mirror and you will get it down in no time.

Easy path to nihilism

>every back muscle
"No"

The rear delts are in way too advantageous of a position to be trained during chin ups or pull ups. They barely have to work.

or just do sports
trains every muscle ever you fucking autists

Yes you need to do both.

In fact this is what I recommend you do OP

-One Row movement (Low, T-Bar, or Barbell. Barbell row is king.)
-Pull Ups (or Chins)
-Shrugs (or Meme-Pullz)
-Deadlift

There. Get a good back just like that.

How do i get good back with just dumbells? Any bodyweight exercises except pull ones?

I hope you mean pendlay rows. Anyway I brace before every rep, it works awesome. Try it!

Why isn't the lower back and all your legs included in the red on the diagram? Is it because this diagram is stupid?

>ignore my post

mirin glutes

Stretch out your hip flexors and your hamstrings.

Kroc rows are your only hope

Because if youre doing it correctly the amount your legs and lower back is being worked is negligible relative to the amount your upper back is

Yes, you dumb retard piece of crap.

You're right I cucked myself

woah calm down bro

Yes. Pic related is a back built mainly from pullups, weighted chinups, and lat pulldown - it has width but no thickness. You need rows to get thick and build the middle back.

I do rows, because my weak ass can't do more than 2 pullups on the bar without losing all strength.

You look like one of them squirrels mang

I'll take it.

Inverted Rows, GOAT Row.

I hope you didn't fall for the SL5x5 meme which says that rows do your abs and arms as well.

shut up athlean x

red pill me on t bar row

They'll affect you in different ways. But I'd recommend dumbbell rows or using pulling machines or lat pulldowns to supplement, unless you have a strong posterior chain and good form. Barbell rows tax your hamstrings and low back quite a bit.

Always consider the range of motion a muscle will go through. Are you going to stop squatting because a deadlift has a little bit of quads? Get past this either or stuff man and just do both.

Do both you dummy. Pull ups are great. Rows are great. Row variations are good. Do all of them.

Perfect for that progressive overload. I also do one armed tbar rows for that perfect stretch oh baby. I love doing rows and all their variations.

lat pull downs and rows are only for people who can't do pull ups. if you can do full ROM pull ups add weights, do negatives, just don't be a pussy and use """back machines"""

this is by far the most autistic comment ITT