Thoughts on this?

Thoughts on this?

Just some dyel with meme form

Legal form according to most federations.

powerlifting is a meme

Yes, sadly.

Powerlifting is the biggest joke of a sport in existence

kek'd

powerlifting 101

I mean he has the genetic advantage. The genetic advantage exists in almost every sport. Bending the rules happens in every sport. Not sure why powerlifting is less "pure" for having the same min maxing that happens in literally every competitive environment.

fantastic form desu

Oh, I understand the genetic advantage, and this is obviously an extreme example, but it is one reason powerlifting, as a sport, sucks.

And regardless of federation, there is NOTHING pure about powerlifting. Pay to play sponsors, drug testing is a joke, the politics is a joke, the emphasis on geared lifting is a joke, yada...

>The genetic advantage exists in almost every sport. Bending the rules happens in every sport

marathon running
karate
olympic weightlifting
long distance jump
rowing

powerlifting is literaly a meme sport if they were real tough and not a bunch of fuckbois they would make a rule that the back cannot rise above the bench

You started off well, then sucked. Most people, no matter how hard they might try, are unable to get their lumbar spine to stay flat. Now, if you meant thorasic spine, I'm with you.

this is exactly why there is not a lot of money in powerlifting again

strongmans = whos the strongest

powerlifting = who can move the most weight with staying in the rules

literally everyone should train to have biggest possible arch in competition, where in workout no - beacuse you want to build muscle. Same goes with squat, actually many plers do highbar atg or go very low with lowbar, while in competition going anything lower than minimum depth is just wasting energy

This looks like a great way to fuck up your back forever.

Do you honestly think those sports don't have genetic advantages. Height and limb proportions alone play a huge advantage in most of those.

dumbass powerlifter cuck

how did he not snap his shit into oblivion

Haha, okay Raffy

No fucking way

I bench 160kg and literally have a flat back

Can't arch for shit I don't understand it

>genetic advantages
>bullshit rule bending
there is a difference

>what is a healthy spinal curve
>what is lordosis

nope the bar doesn't touch his chest

It's like this dude dunking, or Naim Süleymanoğlu in weightlifting. Some people are just freaks that can "break" the sport.

not legal in IPF. He heels arent down.

I sure as fuck can't and will never be able to arch like that.

As far as I know, to arch like that you need to be a) light, narrow torso, b) relatively short torso

He's one flexible chap

You should look up how weightlifting technique has changed through time

>the current state of lifting

D A M A G E
C O N T R O L

nope
I think "powerlifting" is retarded
In fact I think all "sports" that involve weightlifting as the main premise are retarded
but this guy doesn't touch his chest
he can have an absurdly crazy arch and still touch his chest its the same distance without the arch, but this guy is just touching his belly

I don't think so? doesn't appear like his ass is touching

I can't think of a single example of another sport where an outside observer would say, "that's clearly bullshit." actual participants are literally the only people who will defend geared powerlifting or extreme technique hacks

do you even need a fucking 2 man spot for that?

every time this thread gets posted, people come to defend the lifters saying its within the rules, everyone should maximize their advantages, etc. and somehow, every time, these people fail to realize that others are criticizing the rules themselves. the point is that the lifts can't be effectively judged, and that's what makes powerlifting inherently stupid as a competitive sport

That guy could bench 160kg with a flat back no problem.

Diving in football and basketball