>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity (v1)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

>Starting Stretching: phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BVdBnR6lsca/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility after each set

FSAS - Fundamental Straight Arm Strength
FBAS - Fundamental Bent Arm Strength
FLS - Fundamental Leg Strength

the numbers like 5x60s means mastery for the movement, in this case you look at 60s/60rep template and follow that progression, once you hit mastery (can do 5x60s) you move to the next level

for negative movements, 5x5x10s means you descend for 10s each rep

>SL
SL progression seems to be different from PDF's

Foundation gives 3 routines:
>AxBxAxx
>ABxABxx
>ABABAxx
A: FL, sPL, HBP, RC
B: MN, SL, SLS

>Stretching

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4BCCD448B44C4B8233A2E9BD7388246306C47B3D&dn=Middle%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:48E4BFE7D564ABB65DF2D4408EDC2A271F860D77&dn=Bridge
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D69E1D9C667B31244307E6E4FDD9E487EEC3AF48&dn=Front%20Split
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:07C5D57728C3D73B0C982063330C49729E9AF1E6&dn=Shoulder

what up bodyweight fuckers. been doin pullups, squats, and dips under weight, pushups, neck bridges, kettle bell swings and good old running. keep the fire alive dick holes

neck bridges? Are you a wrestler?

I also added neck training this level

So I have downloaded Christopher sommer's foundation one.
It's cool, sad thing is, I have no idea where to go to start doing it.
The gym is an iron exclusive temple and I have not found a gym that caters to school or gymnastics.
What do I do now?

Most of it can be done in the home.

That's true, but I really want to make sure and do them progressively.
And I really like the movements which prepare you for the upcoming exercises.
Oh well, first I need to explore the town.
Maybe there are some gyms supporting gymnastics.

I managed to do 5 chin ups in a row. Is that bad or average? i dont lift

Well you can always come here for advice on form. The progressiveness has nothing to do with being able to do it at home or not. I'm able to do everything from F1 with a pullup bar, $20 rings, and a yoga mat. Doesn't take much to do pushups and ab exercises.
Any gymnastics gyms are for little girls 99/100 times. Crossfit gyms have most of the equipment with quality depending on the owners. They will likely push you faster than F1 in all cases though.

A lot of regular people can't do one. It's not bad but it's on the low end.

depends

you have Foundation, you are set for program, all you need at home is a pull up bar

Thanks for the offer
I will come back if I have questions.
I have a chinupbar, is that even enough?

how is that different from pull up bar?

I guess one is narrower and less useful for pullups?
Maybe I am overthinking it

I suppose, you can make due with narrow one anyway, just gonna have to get some rope or straps and rings, unless you can do a pull up (3 in a row)

180cm, 70kg, 21 years

Not that guy, but that's pretty good, then.
I started way back as a 14yo kid, 69kg and around 180cm as well - couldn't do one pull up or chin up.

Dont worry about averages. Average is irrelevant in this world.

Hey /bwg/, I'm currently walking from Phoenix, AZ to New York City, and I have decided to do exercise in addition to my daily 15-25 miles of walking, as well as during my rest days in motels.

I don't have access to any sort of equipment, other than an aluminum-frame backpack that I could load with gallons of water and stones, for squats and OHP. I could potentially use playground monkeybars when I encounter them, but I see them so infrequently that I don't think I could measure consistent progress with them.

What would a good daily bodyweight exercise program look like, assuming I have nothing to work with, not even a wall to balance against?

>walking from Arizona to New York
Jesus Christ, why?

Because I've always wanted to move out of Phoenix, and go on an epic adventure across the world. So I killed two birds with one stone, and now I'm 3 weeks in and nearing the New Mexico border. Plus a bunch of other stuff that I'll expand upon when I write my book about the journey.

Dude that's pretty insane. Good luck.
Also many things in foundation can be done without equipment.

Also if you can purchase gymnastic rings. While walking you can just set them up in any tree and do pull ups, push ups and stuff on them.

Thanks bro! I'll need a lot.
Also what do you mean by "in foundation"?

And yeah I'll see if I can find any rings along the way. I have a small handcart in addition to my pack, so I can afford to carry extra stuff.

Foundation is a book linked in OP. And the progressions are pic related Im currently using foundation for planche. My planche went from tucked to adv tucked and now i can almost hold straddle planche thanks to foundation.

Something I've always wondered, whats the route one takes to walk such long distances? Are you just walking on the shoulder of highways or are there roads/trails all the way through?

yo what's up with this? I also searched for gymnastics gyms in my area - little girls only like 10 year olds.

Crossfit gyms are expensive as well, same with gymnastic gyms.
The good thing about legit gymnastic gyms is that you have a coach helping you and you will progress much faster.
That said i still train by myself because its just more convenient

Is there some trick to the link OP posted? I get nothing when I paste it into the URL line.

And I couldn't find any gymnastics rings in the town I'm resting in, so I got pic related and 10 feet of 350lb marine rope. Should be a workable substitute, right?

Yeah, walking along the highway shoulders. As long as it's not an interstate, it's legal to do so. If there's no highway, then I have to find back roads and trails. I had to do it a number of times so far, because Arizona sucks and the only real roads are interstates, but once I get to New Mexico there's heaps of highways I can travel on.

>cramps in hamstrings during elbow bridges (FL/PE10>iM)
Where am I even supposed to feel this exercise?

>copy link
>open uTorrent or whatever you use
>Top left File
>Add torrent from URL
>paste link
>Okay

They are not exactly the same but they aren't bad either.

Going to sound like bullshit but with self-improvement it's best not to compete with others but yourself.
This goes both ways, you shouldn't feel like shit if you're below average in something, you should try to better yourself and beat your "past self".
On the other hand being average/above average is good but still doesn't mean you can't compete with yourself.

Do things at your own pace user, 5 isn't bad at all for someone who doesn't lift. Keep going.

I compare myself to others but not to the "average"
The average American is overweight and cant do more than 10 push ups. I watch videos of people who are advanced and try to reach their strength. If I had somebody to compete with IRL it would be even better.
From my experience in sports I improve the most when I try to be better than the best.

>From my experience in sports I improve the most when I try to be better than the best.
I was actually going to add that this is exception, if you are competing in sport or in career you need to compare yourself to others.
It shouldn't hurt your ego to though, it should just allow you to see how much more potential you have. Part of the reason why sports have become more and more skilled over the years is because athletes have pushed more boundaries, showing the younger generations they can do more.

I'm 192cm@90kg, started at 75kg, was 29 back then
it's more popular amongst little girls, normies view gymnastics as women sport, rather they don't view it as a sport that requires strength
says right in the description of it
Focus Points:
>1) The elbows and forearms bear the brunt of the weight
>2) Do not allow the feet to slide during the ascent
have you done all previous mobility work? do you do any leg shit before that?

>can hear bones in my left shoulder crack when i make it go straight to my left
>sometimes feel an itch to stretch the entire left arm but it never gets satisfied
god i hate this feel

Okay i've immediately ran into a problem with bodyweight lifting.

I cannot attempt any of the shoulder exercises in the foundation because my flexibility is so poor I cannot do the pike shape. Where do I go from here, just more stretching? Should I see a sports massage therapist to sort my flexibility issues?

I think its mostly to do with my hamstrings, which i've always had problems with, I just find that my lower back is pretty rounded.

I never bothered with pike push ups and i can do freestanding handstand push ups. You can skip some peogressions if you like. Instead of pike push ups just try doing wall assisted handstand push ups.

Are they easy to get into as a starter though? I can do around 20 push ups, and although its not the same movement, i'm worried about shredding my shoulders if I just try to do wall assisted hand stands

>tfw struggling to keep a steady handstand
>go to the beach
>small kids do it effortlessly

What's the point.

If you want gymanstics for teens+ in America. Your best bet is to look around for a place/group that teaches parkour. Although a bit different, a lot of what you learn does carry over.

You're pretty much fucked though if not near a major urban area.

Without maintenance those kids will develop shit habits like arching and what not. Stick with it and you'll surpass the kids, bang their moms, and kick sand in their eyes.

So you can be bigger than small kids and do handstands effortlessly at the same time with practise.

ugh, you can't do inclined push ups? there is no pike push up in Foundation, get the shoulder stretching torrent it's the last magnet
do that for a month if you can't do even an inclined push up
everyone is born with similar amounts of muscle fiber, kids are good with balance and shit, when you age and don't maintain it goes to shit

Been lifting for 1'ish year now but I'm starting to get more and more interested in bodyweight shit because my two favourite movements are dips and pullups, I don't know anything about it though.
How much of this stuff is technique and how much is just pure strength?
I'm 145 lbs (yes manlet) and do working sets of dips with 65 lbs and can do over 10 pull ups all the way up to my chest, how far away in strength do you think I from being able to do a muscle up?

how do you guys train your legs and lower back??

I do 1 day of oly lifting/squats in the gym.

What do i do to increase the reps? i am only doing 6-7 pull ups for a year already. My max was 10 but i can't do it anymore. Just to let you know i started doing 20 push ups and 6 pull ups and now, a year later, i can do 60 push ups ( 70+ on a good day) and STILL 6-7 pull ups. PLEASE HELP

You can divide the reps in sets and increase volume by doing, for example 5 sets of 5 in rapid succession.

Another solution could be to do very controlled negatives when you reach exhaustion.

Other than that you can try and do some easier variations and work on them before switching back to pull-ups.

Join a CrossFit gym. All those faggots do are half-assed pull-ups, and come up with new ways to fuck up their spines for life.

Follow foundation rep progresion, first reply to OP
I do static holds for now, my legs are big (4u) also when I have to climb the stairs, which I do a lot at work, I keep my heels off the ground
you will most likely stall on the transition, muscle up is pull up followed by transition followed by single bar dip

gtg

I dont :D
>How much of this stuff is technique and how much is just pure strength?
most movements have fairly simple technique. The only advanced moves I can think of that are technical are the muscle up and hefesto. Everything else you just gotta get stronger. Even in the case of the hefesto, even if its very technical it requires insane strength.

I finally achieved straddle planche for the first time in my life(used foundation progressions but modified them a bit myself)
It honestly feels amazing bros. When you lean forward you just feel the weight come off your legs and it feels like you are flying.

inapropriate pic for what you are describing

I chose that because im sort of crying from happiness.

yeaaaa but that's not what the image represents ...

That's just your own personal artistic interpretation of "Red-eyed Crying Feels: 1435982894473 - Copy.jpg", on a 700x700 pixel canvas with a purported 68 KB size.
The title never said the tears were of sadness nor does a title inherently tell the truth.

t. Doctorate in meme art

Whats a replacemnd for rings hsndtand in terms of stability? my gym owner sucks balls.

Just by rings you retarded fuck. They aren't even expensive.

He's clearly frustrated in that pic, not happy.
t. 40 years meme experience in the field

Maybe he is frustrated because he realized how much sooner he could accomplish his goals, while crying from happiness.
t. 41 years meme experience AND a doctorate in meme art, with a bachelors in meme physics

The meme physics doesn't really help in this argument but I don't get many opportunities to wave it around.

yes let me come home from the gym that has rings and use my rings at home to do handstands,oh wait my feet keep hitting the doorwaypullup bar womp womp. yeah no.

Why? He wont let you use them for handstand?
You can try several things.
Handstand on straight bar for one, maybe handstand on 2 round dumbells, Japanese handstand amd maybe other handstand variations. These wont be the same but they are challenging in their own ways.

they were solid at first but now they slide down with little weight put on them. I was thinking of trying tuck planche on them. MY end goal was the elevator sooo yeah.

What's your bodyweight.
How many times a week are you doing pullups? Are you training pullups the same way you train pushups?
How many times a day are you doing pullups?
How many sets do you do a day/week?

What's your diet like?

Bump

instagram.com/p/BVdBnR6lsca/
Video of said straddle planche

nice, congrats m8

what planche specific work have you been doing?

First thing I did was get tuck planche to 30 secs and do 5 tuck planche push ups
From here I always felt like going to advanced tuck was too much and even open advanced tuck didnt work so I figured something out on my own thing. So I started training the position in pic related
After I got that to 20+ seconds I started slowly leaning forward and kicked my legs back a bit
I truly think this is a superior way of learning the planche instead of the usual progressions. Yeah they work as a beginner but I always end up stalling.

i see, thank you. always felt like the adv. tuck positions for various moves seemed optional unless you needed more work. ty

could you discuss your progress with the rest of foundation and any modifications you've made?

Yeah definitely. I mean I was able to go from tuck to adv tuck for front lever but just couldnt do it for planche. If its working there's no need to try something of your own but for me I felt like I needed a little smaller step inbetween.
Also the move I described, the reason its not recommended in many programs is because even if its effective, it requires a lot of flexibility which many dont have, but I had it so I made use of it.
I was just doing foundation for planche and front lever so that's about all. My front lever is at a solid straddle right now so im just working on full.

hey i follow you on instagram gj bro.

welcome to the club. now enjoy your stay lmao

Whats your name? I may or not be following you back.
If you are Anthony then Im pretty sure im following back.

you are following me back senpai

Is this stuff a decent routine to at least get started with bodyweight stuff?

Its ok. The handstand part is meh imo but everything else seems alright.

No. Foundation is better.

i mean, its alright if you're just looking to do a bunch of pullups and shit. rep ranges are pretty booty tho

I just need something that's relatively concise and general because my biggest problem is convincing myself to exercise, not exercising.

Just do the thing you posted. Dont worry about which program is more effective or something. The best program is the one you can consistently follow.

Appreciated, thanks.

did you do the Integrated movement for straddle planche too? or let me paraphrase that
did you do bent arm sPL exercises? I am stalling on tem and can't progress on the straight arm sPL.