40g protein

>40g protein
>160 calories
>10g BCAAs
>0 carbs
>0 sugar

What the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/nutrition/artificial-sweeteners-is-the-evidence-as-sweet-as-these-substitutes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>unflavored whey
>water
>artifical flavoring

OMG GAIS HOW DO DEY DOCIT XD

Where can I buy unflavored whey that is actually decent, and artificial flavoring that is decent?

bro artificial flavoring is worse for you than actual sugar.

t. mom science
It's one of the most highly researched garbage out there.
You do realize almost ALL whey protein has artificial flavoring, right?

Artificial flavorings/sweeteners can trick your body into thinking it's actually consuming calories thereby triggering the caloric storage function earlier than it should be avoid that shit like the plague m8 just buy ON gold standard whey

>Artificial flavorings/sweeteners can trick your body into thinking it's actually consuming calories
Wew thankfully the drink is 160 calories so I am actually consuming calories.
>just buy ON gold standard whey
You saved my life with this man! I'll go buy some ON gold sta-
OH FUCKING WAIT WHATS THAT

its like $38 for a 12 pack of this shit, why would you ever??

because that's 1 hour at work and I'm tired of chocolatey protein shakes

I get it, don't get me wrong the product looks attractive, the branding etc. looks really good and it probably tastes nice but personally for me it's a huge waste of money regardless of how much you earn.

It's 160 calories without counting the "calories" your body thinks it's consuming via artificial bull shit. But unflavored whey, mix it with 6-12g of honey or a whole banana and drink that instead you dumb sack of shit

Lol the unflavored ON has no artifical or natural flavoring ingredients try harder bud

>that's right buddy, with this one simple trick you can trick your body into storing all these calories you're not drinking
>starving african children HATE him

I agree the price is the only thing stopping me from buying 1000 of them. $30 would be worth it.

>It's 160 calories without counting the "calories" your body thinks it's consuming
I drink plenty of energy drinks, protein shakes, and other shit with artificial sweeteners already. You're not really selling me on this ''body thinks it's consuming more'' shit. Does that mean it's the ultimate cutting tool?

I just buy the cheap shit and I think it's great. I can't stand the horrible artificial flavourings of whey drinks. Drinking unflavoured with water is like flour or something, you pay no attention to it. Better than forcing down those """chocolate""" drinks.
Artificial flavoring is worse than the lack of it, but it'll never be as bad as actual refined sugar.

>You're not really selling me on this ''body thinks it's consuming more'' shit.
Not him but mostly it just fucks with your insulin secretion rate and such. Not the worst thing in the world but better to avoid if you can.

>(((0 sugar)))

Whey in general results in insulin spikes. A little sprinkle of flavouring won't add to the problem. Plus certain sweeteners don't contribute to insulin spikes, no idea if those are used in whey products though.

Well whey is actual protein, so there's a reason to release insulin when digesting it.
Although personally I just avoid artificial flavouring in whey because they all taste like shit, not because of any health benefits. Unflavoured just goes down without any effort, flavoured drinks I have to force down.

>Well whey is actual protein
As is the shit posted in the OP. It's literally whey protein isolate dude.
The insulin response for artificial sweeteners would be minimal compared to the protein.

>As is the shit posted in the OP
I'm not questioning that. I'm saying release of insuling serves a purpose when ingesting any form of protein. It doesn't serve a purpose when ingesting artificial sweeteners.

From what I can tell based off some googling and skim reading studies, Sucralose, the sweetener in my whey, causes somewhat greater insulin spikes and blood sugar spikes when consumed alongside food that causes insulin spikes like sugar, which I assume would apply to whey as well. When consumed on its own it supposedly has no observable effect.

>When consumed on its own it supposedly has no observable effect.

except giving you brain cancer. sucralose is toxic and won't exist in 10 years. consumers have already basically given it the death sentence, people won't buy diet drinks with it anymore, it's being replaced with stevia and erythritol (which we should've been using in the first fucking place)

The acceptable daily intake (ADI) for sucralose is 5 mg/kg bodyweight per day, but the typical person’s estimated daily intake is a significantly lower 1.6 mg/kg per day. Human trials haven’t reported any significant dangerous effects for sucralose at all - but similarly to studies on aspartame, some research has found a relationship between sucralose intake and migraine headaches.

examine.com/nutrition/artificial-sweeteners-is-the-evidence-as-sweet-as-these-substitutes/

there is no "ADI" the substance is not researched enough to be consumed by humans and should have never been approved as a food additive. It will not exist in any mainstream foods within 5 years and it won't exist in special order stuff like your drink within 10 years.

There are no long term studies of sucralose use in humans.

So if you consume both at once it's fine.

>special order stuff
>cheapest whey I could find

So your argument is that the sources stated on examine.com don't exist and I should trust an anonymous potential turbo retard on Veeky Forums?

Well it's not like insulin is an ON/OFF toggle.

The opposite, consuming sweeteners causes your body to release more insulin when you consume something that actually requires insulin to be released, however the difference isn't substantial enough to worry about if you're eating clean. It's certainly not negligible, but it's not enough on its own to turn a good carb profile into a mediocre carb profile.

>It's certainly not negligible, but it's not enough on its own to turn a good carb profile into a mediocre carb profile.
Pretty much this, but then again why take the hit when you don't need to?

Why do anything when you don't need to? It's called enjoyment I imagine.

How much enjoyment do you really get from fake chocolate drinks? I'd get it if it was some delicious creamy ice cream shake you eat just for pleasure but it's not like flavoured whey tastes good enough to drink if it weren't for the macros.

>whining and bitching about flavor

I haven't had sweets in 2 years. Protein shakes mixed with water taste no different than milkshakes now

A lot when I'm cutting dude. Plus I think they taste good and crave protein shakes sometimes.
If I had to pick between a protein shake or a dairy Queen oreo blizzard I'd pick the fucking protein shake.

The difference isn't comparable at all. One is riddled with 3000 calories and untold amounts of sugar absolutely destroying your insulin sensitivity.
One slightly impacts insulin almost negligible amounts and has some protein in it.

Do what you wish. I really don't think they taste good and even if they did I'd rather steer away from areas where the science is rudimentary at best like with all artificial sweeteners.

underrated

This fucking thread desu

And you know this why and how? Can i see your research and your credentials that sow YOU are an expert in this area?
I really want to believe but i need proof. Some random person on a message board spouting out claims isn't proof enough. you understand that,right?

>$3.60 per bottle

I'll stick with SIPs and chicken breast.

you will piss 80% of it out 10 mins after drinking this

>tfw my insulin has been permanently toggled off

well it's not technically off I guess, my body just destroys it before it gets a chance to use it
>body hurt itself in its confusion

fucking diabetes, man