After-workout shake immediately at the gym

>after-workout shake immediately at the gym
>just whey and oat bran
>50g protein 50g carbs
>start adding in 10g of fructose just to get some really quick digesting carbs
am I retarded for this? it doesn't even taste good, I just figured a little bit of quick carbs would be good? is it a stupid idea?

explain why you think you need 50g carbs and why you think 50g carbs is a "little bit"

You could drink the fructose on the way to your locker to bridge the time until your body digests the shake.
Also you need to take BCAAs inbetween sets or your body will get them by dismantling muscle and your whole workout was futile.

Every source I've read says right after a workout is the perfect time to take in carbs to aid in muscle recovery.
>why you think 50g carbs is a "little bit"
It's only 200kcal.
Also it's oat bran so it's pretty good for satiety as well.

>to bridge the time until your body digests the shake.
I know you're making fun of me but that's the general idea. Oats digest pretty slowly, especially when they haven't been cooked so I added a little bit of carbs that digest immediattely to minimize the time after a workout my body gets replenished with carbs.
>Also you need to take BCAAs inbetween sets
I can only drink water while exercising, I drink BCAAs right before I start working out for that reason. I know it'd be more ideal to drink them during the workout.

Just eat a banana gosh

The 2 minutes it took you to ask these dumb questions could have been 2 minutes of eating.
Just fucking eat man
anabolic window is a fucking myth

I don't see how a fresh fruit is easier than powder and a grain product that last years in the pantry. Not hating on bananas but don't really get the whole "just" aspect of it.
>thinking everyone is a skelly skeleton who needs to eat 24/7
My daily macros are in check and I include the shake in them.
>anabolic window
I don't believe in the anabolic window meme. That doesn't mean proper nutrition is pointless or doesn't have any advantages.

Grind and snort BCAAs. Best gains of my life.
Also if you don't have an infusion that constantly provides your body with sugar you miss out on the most important window for gains: The negative phase of your rep.
Best of luck bro

>Also you need to take BCAAs inbetween sets
lol.

OP the reality is this, the anabolic window has recently been discovered to be closer to 48 hours long. You don't need to guzzle protein immediately after working out. In fact, all research indicates that it would be better for you to eat 10g protein 5 times, than 50g protein.

Things like stomach discomfort and bloat matter hugely when sticking to workout plans, nobody here acknowledges this but I was trained this way by an olympic athlete and nationally competitive bodybuilder

Ok but I'd eat the protein and oats right after anyway, I'm hungry after a 90 minute workout. I'm guessing what you're saying is that the addition of 10g of fructose is pointless though.

The fructose is the only thing not dumb in your concept. If you just worked out heavy some quick energy is good. Hence the banana.

>a grain product that last years in the pantry
Do you only work out once every few years. If not that doesn't really matter.

>I don't see how a fresh fruit is easier than
Because it has the macros you ask for and it's literally just peel and eat it.

I work out 5 times a week, but I don't want to go to the supermarket every day to buy a banana.
>literally just peel and eat it.
Yeah and a shake is literally just pour water in it and drink it.

But thanks for calling my fructose idea not stupid.

I really couldn't stomach oats after workout.

quick acting carbs is good after a workout, but your probably not at the level it will make a difference

I'm over 1/2/3/4 and while it's not impressive and I know it isn't it's not like I'm doing babby's first workout.
Also I like to do things the best way possible even when it "won't make a noticable difference". Especially when it's something that's as simple as drinking a shake.

yeah the fructose isn't helping you and eating straight fructose like that contributes to getting "dumping syndrome". you don't want "dumping syndrome"

im not gonna hate on you for drinking an oatz shake, just know that the anabolic window used to be 2 hours then it was 12 hours then it was 24 hours and now it's 48~ hours. It turns out we're fucking great at putting on muscle, who knew

Ok thanks for the heads up. I'll google further into it once I get back from the gym. I already don't eat refined sugar though, I don't add it to food and I don't eat (barely) anything with added sugar in it (or high sugar drinks like OJ even if it's not "added") so I'm not too worried about the 10g.

the thing you should take away from this thread is that there are multiple good studies demonstrating that eating protein spread over more meals is better than eating it in a big bulk at once

I eat protein with every meal but it's not like I'm going to eat 16 meals a day once an hour. I think spreading the 150-200g of protein across 4 meals is reasonable enough.

I don't even see a pretty girl. I see a predator, a manipulating cunt who will tare you to shreds. Look at this with me for a minute guys. I once heard a saying, it was on top of a picture of a hot girl like this, and it read:

>Somewhere, someone is tired of her shit.

Its true, it really is. Remind yourself not to put the pussy on the pedestal. Its just looks for a little bit of a good time, if she lets you in. And all of the hard work you put in to be a better man is wasted on vapid women who doesn't cook, don't clean, don't want a family and whose value is based solely off their looks.

Way off-topic but I don't care that's what this pic made me think of, cause god damn do I find her sexy but you gotta think with your head, not your dick or you'll end up in divorce court with a bastard child that she'll hold hostage for money from you and the state.

>50g protein
>pure fructose
Yeah you retarded.

50g is like a scoop and a half, what's the problem? I only eat 10g of fructose, the rest 40g of carbs is oat bran like I said.

i got a similar experimentation planned out.

Not OP but I've actually heard that right after working out, a 3:1 or 4:1 carb:protein ratio is best for restoring muscle glycogen. Not sure if that's also for anabolic window.

here i will make this simple for you retards to understand. if your all ready following a cutting or bulk diet protocol this is all you need to know

>muscle mass=protien synthesis - muscle breakdown