Bodybuilders Squat Weird

Anyone notice how bodybuilders often have weird Squat form?

Pic related.
>high bar but to parallel
>Wrists completely bent back
>Elbows down and forward.
I see it all the time and it always looks strange.

are you not supposed to go to parallel when squatting high bar?

Well kiddo:

It's called a photoshoot. It doesn't tell anything.

Yep.
Used to read all the fitness mags when i was young and tried to learn Squat form from pics like this.
How i didn't snap my shit up I'll never know.

High bar is generally atg.

Except there are examples of it everywhere, son.

Ok, show us some.

no thats lowbar

>bodybuilders
>squatting to parallel

It's not weird. It is different from what you were taught. There is never just one way to do a lift properly.

The bar is basically on his neck.

because they're squatting in such a way that they feel the most quad activation, not in such a way that they can move the most weight

405 for a guy that size is a fucking joke he can do it with meme form to emphasize quads more without any real risk of injury

Who cares

If it's comfortable for them and works their legs then what difference does it make?

He's in that position for isolation.
That aside, the big thing a lot of you are forgetting is that we're all fucking built differently. My calves and forearms are freakishly long compared to my thighs and upper arms, so I've got running and throwing to a tee, but I've to do some janky shit when squatting or pressing. Same thing if you watch runners, some of them have some weird ass forms, but they're still running a 6 minute mile. There are safe practices and guidelines, but you also have to find the form that's comfortable for you and works for what you want it to. Stop being dumb.

looks a lot better than any powerlifters form I have ever seen, and a lot better than 99% of meme gym goers

sure professional chinese olyfags lift in a more aesthetic way, but they have the absolute optimal proportions

They use the form that builds the most muscle, not the one that memelifters use for maximum weights moved.

>half reps
>They use the form that builds the most muscle, not the one that memelifters use for maximum weights moved.

mmmh

reading comprehension of stale bread

Atg is only good for glute activation, parallel is optimal for quad activation. Even Arnold advocates it.

besides for the weird wrist position, your elbows SHOULD be pointing towards the ground when you high bar. If your elbows are pointing backwards you have poor elbow mobility and you're not utilizing your upper back as much

So the half rep to move more weight to work their legs more?
Sow hat were you trying to say with your first post lol

every bodybuilder wannabe I know squats with a pussy pad. As you can see the guy on the pic didn't flex his traps properly and put the bar over them, the bar is pressing down one of his vertebra, it hurts and they all end up using pussy pads.

Any source to this? I want to build my legs but my ass is already too big.

Case in point. Platz lifted like an Olympian with perfect form. Not this shit hybrid we see in OP's pic.

wait wat

the 4plts in OP pic would still squash you like a bug though, so whatever you say m8y

Fake pl8s, bodybuilderz do fake gay lifts and aren't strong. It's not functional strength.

It's like Ronnie Coleman deading 820 for 2, yeah right!

They are all looks.

Bodybuilders are idiots and you should never take their advice.

You know, unless you want to look good.

Only old school bodybuilders looked good, "walk into a club and every pair of panties gets soaked" good.

New school bodybuilders just look like freaks "leave humanity behind"...guess you're gonna fuck metroids then?

Rich Piana, Fully and truly lifts for men. No homo intended.

I agree OP! Le power lifters are L33T in squatting!

>lifting for girls

When will this meme die?

When most guys say "look good" it means "look good for the people I want to fuck". For others they might mean aesthetic for it's own sake. Neither of which apply to

Never because it's true.

Why do people even post this picture as if this fat equipped lolfed fuck represents PL
>lel powerlifter forms sucks fat and ugly xD

Bodybuilders don't give a shit about what's "proper" or not. They do whatever gives them the most tension in that muscle. That's why they do it that way. Keeps the tension on the quad.

Evan "the ox" Centopani
>squating wrong

Knows his shit.

This fagot doesnt know about the sissy squats of tom "let me kill my acl" platz

So all i figured out from fit is you are all a bunch of fagots.
Want to squat like tian tao? Train like him.
Want to look like a mass monster? Train like them.
Want to be a fagot? follow fit advice.

Fuck you, you ignorant swine.
You lied to me.

>>high bar but to parallel
what makes you think that pic was the bottom of the rep?

90% ? you're being generous
more like 99.99%

The reason is because they are inflexible. Look at his hands, he is so tight he can't even get proper hand placement. Same with depth. Anyone who says anything other than this is wrong and that's all there is to it.

where in my post did I say he squats wrong you dumb fuck?

Well fuck you too and i guess i read you wrong.

Sorry.

I'm pretty sure it's called a joke. Take a chill pill or at least take your medication.

no

The "half rep" as you call it, stops at a position where the quads are used more than the glutes.

>highly polished veneers on my yacht's cabinets
>couldn't afford real wood on my yacht as a dentist
>'just fuck my shit up' hair on """my""" babby
>thinking everything will be alright
>just fuck my shit up, senpai
>permanently
>just shove a lead pipe into my brainstem >repeatedly
>end me
wish I could bro
wish
I
could

>bodybuilders
>inflexible

Way to expose yourself as a retard.

>Posting anecdotal evidence of 1 person means all are this way
Way to expose yourself as a retard. Most are overflowing with muscle thanks to all the gear and it makes them more inflexible. That's a fact you faggot feel free to never post here again.

because bodybuilders are fucking retarded. They lift sub optimally and think the shit is working because they're on a stack of so many steroids that literally any exercise at all would "work". You have to be fucked in the head to want to be walking tumor mode

>muscle makes you inflexible
>this is what nu-fit actually believes

Have you ever heard of stretching, you dumb piece of shit? Even fucking Ronnie Coleman could do splits.

>because bodybuilders are fucking retarded. They lift sub optimally
>meanwhile this is a powerlifting approved lift

nice meme, but that's 3 red lights for ass off the bench and excessive arch in any sane federation.

It's actually not. Powerlifting requires shoulders on the bench butt on the bench and heels on the ground

This. They actually encourage body builders to stretch so you can increase ROM. Helps build muscle. Only dude bros a d frat guys get I flexible cause they don't stretch.
Fucking retard.

>t. retards

That guy is a fucking powerlifting champ.

Powerlifting and good form do not belong in the same sentence together.

what a waste of perfectly good digits baka it's always the roided out bodybuilders doing quarter ROM bench presses for reps in my gym

A female(?) equipped lifter with a cylinder for a body is the exception not the rule in powerlifting. Bodybuilders are universally retarded tho

Listen you dumb niggers I'm not saying you aren't right. Everyone should stretch. What i am saying is that the average rouid head in most gyms are inflexible as all fuck. Again that's why anytime yo see the average person squatting there rom is horrible. Calm your autism.

So just stretch. Problem solved.

powerlifting and super isolation are both retarded

the body is built to work together, using the muscles, not all the tendons and momentum you can half tear apart over a silly number

glenn pendlay has it right

Yet pro bodybuilding is far more prestigious than powerlifting and its meme federations.

They're both a total fucking joke.

This, nobody who isn't actually involved in either sport cares about either sport.

t. powerlifter

kill yourself you utter imbecile, the question has already been answered, they squat in the most optimal manner for quad actvation. the rest is meaningless

>Tom Platz interview

Yeah, right. You ask someone on the street about bodybuilding and they can always think of at least a few guys, usually Arnold. No normie gives a shit about powerlifting, however.

Body builders are dumb hunks of meat. Use strength athletes as your form benchmark.

There's so much fucking dyel in here I don't even know where to begin

Don't fucking do this you will destroy your knees

Your quads are maximally challenged at the bottom of any heavy squat you dipshit.