Planking

Are planks a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4YKmR5K6Qrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

no

yes, if you do them unweighted for long periods of time.
But no matter waht you do they will be impossible to propperly load after some time.

nothing wrong with them, just boring as fuck to do.

Do them.

define "long periods of time"
I used to do 1minute 1 legged planks alternating but I stopped since it was boring as fuck

now I do 10reps of bar knee raises

fuck no they aren't

the long lever poster pelvic tilt version are very effective. regular planks are weak as fuck.

anything above 20 seconds is a waste. If youre doing it for strength then treat it as a strength exercise. between 5-20 seconds. And you stop when you cant maintain a neutral spine.

>>anything above 20 seconds is a waste.

Nonsense. Hold it for ten minutes see if your core can handle it.

If you think 10 minute static holds are good for strength then maybe you should learn the difference between the anarobic and the aerobic system.

Doing 10 minute planks wont do anything for you, strength wise, unless youre untrained. The same way a marathon wont get your squat numbers up.

Thanks for this

Just tried and I'm probably squeezing my glutes too much, but they seem to be legit

No planks are amazing.

Start with 1 minute plank every day and add 10 seconds to your plank every 3 days. Simple as that, your welcome senpai.

>long lever poster pelvic tilt version
hollow body hold?

yes
start doing dragon flags

I care about both strength and fitness. I thought everyone did.

>meme

try holding a plank for 8 hours straight like this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=4YKmR5K6Qrc

That wasnt the topic. The topic was how planks should be done for strength and muscle gain. Then you try to derail it with something else.
And please elaborate on how doing 10 minute planks will make you fit. There are TONS of other exercises that has a better carryover to athletic performance.

>that wasn't the topic

The topic was "are planks a meme"

yes, the thread topic is "are planks a meme", but i described how it should be used for strength. In which you started talking about 10 minute holds. Which is not about strength.
So lease eloborate on how 10 minute hodls are good for strength and how 10 minute holds will make you fit.

Just because you can do it and feel proud about it, doesnt mean its a good standard for anything except how long you can hold a plank. I were talking about how it should be done for strength gain. Then you start mumbling about something completely irrelevant.

Planks are fine, but there are many better core exercises.

They are the best beginner core strengthening exercise. Once you can do it for longer than a minute though, then they become kind of pointless.

yes, use a ab wheel instead cheap and "fun"

> digressing this hard
Stop if you have nothing of substance to say

The transverse abdominal can only be trained through isometric contractions. A stronger deep core means better transfer of loads between your upper and lower body. This is beneficial for anyone looking to get stronger.

What other core exercise can you do anywhere and anytime without equipment?

Theyre great for for extra core work.
Once I started incorporating them my squat and deadlift started feeling way better

When I have A gym partner I do 3 sets of 30-60 second with 2 45 pound plates on my back

Try a RKC plank for strength.

you sound like a person that doesnt have much social interaction on your everyday life

Do cable crunches and be done with it.

All you really need to be fit is hill sprints, dips, and pull-ups. Everything else is extra bullshit

Why would you target your triceps with dips instead of doing the compound exercise called push-ups?